Question of Rivalries forums guideline.

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by junjunforever, Apr 2, 2005.

1. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

I thought overtly racist remarks were a no no anywhere in bigsoccer forums. But dark night says you can make as much racist comment as you want IF its in the rivalries.

Is this true? Because then, World rivalries description should be changed. Its currently:

Also this is a part of a sticky in world rivalries:
    and this in asia rivlaries

I dont want asian rivalries closed down. But i want posters who make overtly racist remarks warned and carded even if it is in the rivalries forum.

Any official words? Maybe this will get deleted cause DK doesnt want to face any criticism. I'm not trying to push the line. I'm just asking. I always thought racism was bad.

I want an official position from the Huss. If what DK said was true, please delete the sticky in both rivalries. If DK has made a mistake, i want him to say so and take appropriate actions.

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Huss -

I believe you should at least listen to what we have to say. Last fall, I, along with Persian_Tiger and Premium_Hamatachi have suggested that you install an Asian version of the rivalries and Nsr. At first you were skeptical and clearly stated: A.Rivalries will be removed when there are consistent problems. Well, we do have a consistent problem.

Three Blocks is a man - a troll that made it a mission to "crusade" against Asians or in its extremity, Koreans. Hyok, in attempt relieve this tension, have officially complained about Block3's behavior - his racial slurs - at the suggestions forum, only to have it moved back to the Asian Rivalries section with a simple, yet lackadaisical comment from most of the moderators: "If you don't like it - we'll have your access removed. If you don't want that, shut up". These moderators have failed, miserably, to answer the moral of our question - "should racism even be tolerated?" Sure, racism, even in America today is still tolerated via Television and pop culture but there is a line. We believe that Tripple Blocks have crossed this threshold but he's getting away with it. Furthermore, I cannot tolerate the attitude of the moderators and their stance on this particular issue. If moderators cannot protect us, users as a single entity, not divided by the color of their skin and their cultural backround (which I believe is irrelevant), then fine. But if these moderators cannot find this man's post racist then we have a significant problem.

Our case is clear: We have a pest problem at Asian Rivalries and the moderators are threatening to shut it down when there is different and yet obvious source of the problem.

And our question is: What are you going to do about it.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'd agree with junjunforever only if there was a neutral non-Asian modorator (non-Japanese, non-Korean, non-Iranian, etc.) in charge of determining what is racist and what is not racist on Asia Rivalries. Because frankly, I too am tired of being called "terrorist", "towel head" and "desert dweller" on Asia Rivalries, nonetheless I've stopped complaining to the modorators since what seems racist in the eyes of an Iranian may not seem racist in the eyes of a Korean or vice versa...

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    You should agree with him unless he called you a terrorist, towel head, desert dweller.

5. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's a great idea!

Let    moderate the Asian Rivalries forum! :D

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    junjunforever didn't. But many of your fellow Korean posters did so just within the last week:

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    JunJun and Essvee - I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time debating this - maybe you will have more luck with Huss. I apologize if you felt censored by my moving the thread to Rivalries.

Mani makes a good point for one of the reasons why we don't accept lots of complaints about the standards of Rivalries. Why weren't you guys complaining about those posts against him (which seem as bad as anything three squares posted)?

And it seems you have acknowledged in the past awareness of Korean fans being out of line, why haven't you complained?

8. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I nominate myself to be mod of that forum.

I wont take any shit.

p.s. Im not asian but I do like Asian Women. :D

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    There is a fine line between comedy and racism.

This very moment, admins are approving my tenure as moderator of Asia Rivalries. When I become moderator, I vow to uphold strict guidelines that every poster will abide to. I will have a firm iron-clad "my way or the highway" clasp on the morality of the forum and any poster caught straying away from this shall be punished to the full extent.

citizen of the world and BigSoccer's newest moderator.

10. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I've sat back and looked at all of these and now junjun, another two-bit rivalry troll, is actually going after DK who's the most level headed of em' all. God DAMN are you guys *!*#*#%

Newsflash! YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE RIVALRY FORUMS!!

Shocking, I know, but you really don't have to go to them. Rivalries, whether they be in the EPL forum, World Rivalries, MLS Rivalries or anywhere else, are just that - Rivalry forums. Posters do get carried away and go over the line at times. It offends you, you can report it, and take it from there and the admin' mods will do what they see fit. But for the love of creatures great and small, realize that you have ALL the power because you have a freakin' choice. That choice being... "I will click into Rivalries" and the other one being "I will not click into Rivalries". Whoopty-friggin'-Doo. And if that still isn't good enough for you then... woah what's this? It's called an Ignore List! You mean you don't have to read all of Cube Cubed's posts? Or Mani's? Or junjun's? Isn't technology wonderful?

The Stickies should stay. You have a question about it or find information you deem racist that a moderator missed, report it and let the admin and mods do their bit. But do them another favour and realize that if you don't like the "discussions" in rivalries, then don't friggin' go there. Problem solved, everyone lives and the trolls that make up the rivalry forums can do their trolling bit. The rivalry forums aren't for everyone, and there's nothing wrong with not liking the bantar and discourse that takes place in it. Hell, there are tons of posters on Bigsoccer that don't like it but low and behold, they somehow had the ability to say: "Gee, I don't like what's in the rivalry forums. So you know something? I'm not going to use it and go for the other 50+ forums I can see." I for one, despite modding a forum, still PAY to use this site and will be damn pissed off if the forums are closed or altered because a few sallies can't take the content of forums that nobody's forcing them to use.

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Only paying members can Ignore people.

12. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i've rarely reported anybody's posts before. I've reported perhaps 3 users so far in my two years of posting here.

Also, i have a history of fighting amongst Koreans anyway, including wargamer, Chosun and K:theCore.

The difference between three squares and others is that three squares only come to make racist remarks. He doesnt even reply to racist posts. He starts racism outright altogether. Besides, corrective action has been taken most of the time over the years. Persian Tiger, Virulent, (i think), Leelo, Wargamer, Teaguk, 13th_red_neck, Hamatachi and others have all been carded sooner or later.

However, I was talking to one of the moderators of Asia, and he said that the other mods thought Koreans "deserve" what they deserve for making racists remarks. I agree many koreans have been out of line, but is that a reason to let racist remarks against Koreans stand? I thought not.

Lastly, I was really disappointed by your stance that anything is ok in rivalries. I really like the rivalries forum, and wish it is here to stay. However, I don't think it's right for some random poster to stop by and make all those racist remark, continuously over a couple weeks, and get off free without a card.

Perhaps, EssVee has put the argument together better than I have. I find serious flaw in the argument that "if you dish it out, expect it back." Hyok, EssVee, Rkim, and multiple other posters have never posted anything so racist and extreme. But just because someone with same nationality and us dished it out, we shouldn't be expected to stand all the racist slurs. Again, as EssVee mentioned, we believe there is a line that should not be crossed. Koreans have crossed it. They were red carded. So has Hamatachi and some other posters. 3 Squares has crossed it too.

13. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    and just again, he posted this.

i find this stuff offensive and so do many other people. Again, either those "rivalries" guideline means something, or it should be deleted. If this post was in passing, i would not be upset, as it barely qualifies as racism. However, he is making this post to prove his victory that no corrective action will be taken against him.

Other Korean members in the forum feels like he has the right to insult all Koreans in the rivalries.

14. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    He actually DID say "GOOK", though I must admit, he cleverly hid it by using a loophole of using it within part of a name. "Lee dong GOOK".

I'm still waiting on his response on that. Either...

1) His caps lock was stuck
    2) He thought it has his last name and felt like he had to capitalize it (yeah right).

15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    This is the key - "sooner or later" - if I'm not mistaken all of these guys worked pretty hard for their red cards and they did so by posting outside of Rivalries. I've let 3 squares know that any further trolling outside of Rivalries won't be tolerated.

I don't know what mod you are talking about, but he was both incorrect and out of line for saying this. None of the Asia mods have expressed anything like this to me.

I didn't say anything was okay, I'm just saying that I'm not going to get into a debate about where the line is.

They were carded for repeatedly crossing the line outside of Rivalries and repeatedly ignoring warnings to stop.

To be honest, it sounds like you are saying something should be done against him not because he's doing anything so bad, but because he's pissing you off. Why let him get to you so much?

16. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Yes. I want something done against him because he is pissing me off by denigrating my culture and heritage.

ok.lastly, promise me one thing. If more trolls come along, I will just direct them to world rivalries and asia rivalries. But you will never card them for racial or inappropriate remarks.

17. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Well, to be honest with you the only issue i had was the fact that skyhigh35 says that 3 squares neg repped him and called him a gook. Here's an image skyhigh35 posted (to be fair, i don't know if this was photoshopped or not but it should be fairly easy for someone to check since the date is right there)
    [​IMG]

Everything else he posted seems like fair game, since all of the red cards and yellow cards handed to the korean posters were for activities done outside of rivalries.

Perhaps if we all ignored him, he'd get bored with us and go somewhere else.

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm not sure what you are asking me to promise, but if you are asking me to agree to never card based on posts in Rivalries, the answer is no.

19. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    But you can never get carded for racist comments right?

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    No, not right - but as I've said, I'm not going to debate with you where the line is.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I find it very ironic that as we are speaking about racisim here, some of our Korean friends are also throwing what I personally find to be racist insults on Asia Rivalries at this very moment:
    At the end of the day, the whole fuss is over personal standards of tolerance of different individuals...

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

As I mentioned before in Rivalries forum, I believe there is a rule against posting private messages which should be the same as rep images.

That image is photoshopped but since we're at it...

[​IMG]

23. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i'm not being racist on germans and japanese.

I'm just stating the fact that three squares is a product of a whore (who happened to be japanese) and a german.

You've had your share too with anti koreanism so be quiet.

24. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fake
    [​IMG]

Clean
    [​IMG]

Check the boxes' size, it's photoshopped.

25. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :eek: