Question for the Borough

Discussion in 'Borough Boys' started by Real Till I Die, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Real Till I Die

Real Till I Die New Member

May 11, 2010
    Salem, IN
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been nagging at me for awhile, especially with whats going down in San Antonio now. If New York gets both the Cosmos and NYC FC up and running, who you gonna support? You gonna try and split, or just pick one?

2. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    1. Why would you care ?

2. With the history of minor league soccer teams in this country, the chances that FCNY and the Cosmos existing in 2013 ( at the earliest ) is low.

In the mean time I'll go out to see FCNY a few times .

3. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Ed.
    The chances of both of these suceeding are 0 to none.

The Cosmos entering MLS would crush FCNY attendance wise.

As of now, the Borough Boys don't have an official stance on FCNY.
    We've been burned too many times, once already by FCNY themselves.
    We'll wait to see what happens with the Cosmos and if FCNY even takes the field as a fledgling division 3 club.

4. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Fist of all Fake til you die why you even care about what happens in ny is beyond me...

But I think I can speak for all the BB when I say we will not support FCNY some may go check out a game but we aint doing a supporters club for the USL side....

If you had done your own research you would have seen that FCNY already have 2 bad ass supporters that dont mind getting violent.... FCNY even endorsed them on their official site, Goodfellas Supporters club and Straphangers suppoters club.....dont believe them go see for yourself on their official sites....

Goodfellas are made up of some pipe swinging Guidos from long island and the strap hangers are made up of subway riding vagabonds from various places...

5. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I also found it funny that someone who lists themselves as a fan of 3 teams in the same league worries if a supporters group could support 2 teams in 2 totally different leagues.

6. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    HA HA HA true true ed...........................

hey fake.......

A FAN OF EVERY ONE IS A FAN OF NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Here's what happens when you click the link on the FCNY web site to put your deposit down for season tickets:

"Oops, you've been tripped up.
    Page not found."

If this isn't a perfect unintentional metaphor for the stupidity that is FCNY, I don't know what is.