Question about North Korean National Team and league

Discussion in 'Korea' started by hanul21, Jul 22, 2005.

1. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i had this in thought for a while, a looong time ago while playing CM 4, and i noticed on the North Korean league team, April 25 i believe? they had a LOT of foreign names, but on the nationality it said North Korean. and i looked under different nationalities and there was none. did they get abducted or did they actually want to play there?!?!!? sorry if this question sounds ignorant in any way.. i apologize in advance if this question is dumb or just plain retarded..

2. LukasPodolski

LukasPodolski Member

Jul 21, 2005

what you mean with foreign names? :confused:

can you write the names for me plz :)

3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

im not sure if these names are real or not but on April 25 here is some of the "names" i was talking about

Team- April 25
    Goalkeeper: Ki-Ryong Gadir Hamad
    Defender: Dalibor Hamar
    Defensive Midfielder: Jimu Regni
    Attacking Midfielder: Alexander Don
    Forward: Myung-Hwi Hendrickson
    Striker: Winston Zhekonis

Team- Jadongcha
    Goalkeeper: Sofronis Jeon
    Defender: Kaloyan Choo
    Defender: Oskar Hrafn Lim
    Defender: Gus Michelena
    Striker: Seiji Granada

Team- Locomotive
    Goalkeeper: Sergik Chang
    Defender: Kaci Makhele
    Defender: Fanny Ricci
    Defender: David Ra
    Midfielder: Il-Myong Arias
    Attacking Midfielder: Justin Ma
    Striker: Khaled Cha
    Striker: Guangzhu Dang
    Striker: Mohamed Omar Kang
    Striker: Korhan Na

Team- Pyongyang
    Goalkeeper: Karl Maeng
    Sweeper: Jarek Castro
    Defender: Troy Bang
    Defender: Joris Molina
    Defender: Julio Namkoong
    Defender: Nestor Isaac Jeon
    Defender: Agidiyus Im
    Defender: Raj Kumar Lee
    Midfielder: Greg Ahn
    Attack Midfielder: Danilo Seok
    Attack Midfielder: Yohan Maikali
    Striker: John Maeng

Team- Rimyongsu
    Goalkeeper: Sergey Ji
    Goalkeeper: Allan Wang
    Defender: Alpha Cho
    Defender: Jose Angel Park
    Defensive Midfielder: Werner Symons
    Defender: Ninrod Edgardo Bong
    Defender: Malek In
    Defender/Midfielder: Hae-il Pieroni
    Defender: Moustapha Um
    Defensive Midfielder: Churmel Woo

maybe some defected, im not sure but they're all described as North Koreans, and you dont see many other people from different races living in Korea (maybe besides some like Russians, Japanese, Chinese, maybe few South Korea who got abducted) but they arent listed as any other nationalities

4. LukasPodolski

LukasPodolski Member

Jul 21, 2005
    weird :confused:

i think that those names are just made-up
    but i am not sure :eek:

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Just randomly generated names.

NK NT is actually quite interesting, as there is the proper NT and the 4.25 Army team which is probably best side in NK. What actually happened was that they got the proper NT and the 4.25 army team to play each other to see who's the best, and the 4.25 team won it quite convincingly - so just prior to the last WCQs, they actually replaced the entire NT with the 4.25 army team, supplemented by a few players from the original NT and those playing J-League. The problem with this was that while the starting squad was like a clock-work with great team work and understanding, their depth was quite low.

So after much hype following the near upset against Japan, NK suffered as they were hit by multiple suspensions and injuries which ruined the their team-work.

I still don't think they could've qualified, but at least they wouldn't have suffered 5 straight defeats in a row in the WCQ if their squad wasn't so depleted.

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    North Korea doesn't have a professional league. All the clubs in N.K. are amateur clubs or if not, at most, a semi-professional.

North Korea will never get anywhere. Having few players in J-League isn't going to help them. (And the sad thing is, these North Korean players who plays in the J-League are rather 3rd generation Koreans in Japan.)

7. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Yeah it's just a list of randomly-generated names, as I think there were only one or two North Korean players entered into the database (scouted one out for Hallelujah once but he wasn't worth signing ;) ).

They've improved the game engine quite a bit in terms of assigning random or new Korean names to new players, as I remember from CM01/02 some of the names of regenerated players were hilarious. I'm currently midway through the 2009 season in FM2005 right now and I'm seeing the odd daft name generated for youth players, but it's pretty good at only putting together Korean names for most of them.

8. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    heh, the furthest I've ever gone was 2011, as with the huge database it was getting rather too long to save and load the game.

9. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is Park Ju-Young in FM2005 been looking for him everywhere been trying to sign him to Wolverhampton :D won the FA Cup,EPL got them promoted a while back.

10. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Yeah, it's spelled Park Joo-young in the game and he's still at Korea University in the game (I'm patched up to 5.05 and he was still there, but I don't know if there are any later updates that put him in FC Seoul - I've used the editor a fair bit anyway on my database so he plays for the Sangam Satans now in my games).

He's a reasonably decent player in the game - I signed him for Suwon in one of my careers but he never made the breakthrough, and when I got fired and took over Hallelujah in K2 I loaned him for six months and he scored a ton of goals before Suwon sold him to Cheonbuk. I moved on to FC Seoul after Hallelujah and bought him, though he was more of a goal provider than goalscorer (then again, I did have former Suwon striker Marcel upfront in my Seoul team with Seol Ki-hyeon also supplying him).

11. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

oh yeah thats probably the reason.. thanks for clearing it up

oh wow i cant even imagine a North Korea in our South Korean league. i mean i have nothing against it but wouldnt kim jong il be REALLY pissed off?

north korean soccer is really in the dumps and if a player cant even make Hallelujah.. he might as well play for April 25 or something..