Question #4 Centerbacks?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by HScoach13, Aug 17, 2017.

1. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Ok the next small bite in digesting the USMNT will be the Centerback position... Who are/will be our Centerbacks for Russia?

1. How about John Brooks? Might well of been a lock prior to this past weekend when he picked up a knock that will keep him out of action for three months!? This has to be a disconcerting for BA.
    2. Matt Besler?
    3. Matt Hedges?
    4. Matt Miazga? (The Matt show?)
    5. Geoff Cameron?
    6. Is it too late for Cameron Carter-Vickers?
    7. Tell me about Ike Opara?
    8. Eric Palmer-Brown
    9. Tim Ream recent championship team of the week player.

Is there anyone else we need to be thinking about?

I believe four is the formula... Help sort this out.

2. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    forgot Omar Gonzalez

3. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cameron/brooks, gonzalez and besler. miazga on standby.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Besler, Brooks, Miazga, Hedges, Palmer-Brown, Zimmerman. Done watching Omar for the NT, he needs to go. Ream does not deserve to be in contention, he's never been good enough. This is Arena's Orozco. Opara is having a nice season, but the team does not have any need for these late bloomers at CB, just no room for them, considering our CB depth. Carter-Vickers might be in consideration, depending on how much he plays this season, and if he does well. I'd tend to think that Palmer-Brown is way ahead of him for the young CB spot, if that spot is even open on the team. Cameron is a CM.

In total, 6 in consideration right now (Besler, Brooks, Miazga, Hedges, Palmer-Brown, Zimmerman), Carter-Vickers can be the 7th in contention, if he has a really good season. No one else should be in consideration this cycle.

5. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where the hell is Geoff Cameron? You know, the one guy who's locked down a starting CB spot on the team?

Everyone says he (Cameron) is a great DM. But he had one game there against Panama 4 years ago, and after that, crickets. For whatever reason, perhaps it's the leadership/organizational component, he's locked into a CB spot. He's good there, so I have no problem with it, even if he's also good at DM.

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Klinsmann/Arena can and will do whatever they want, I'm giving my own opinion. Cameron struggles at CB due to ball-watching, positioning and aggressiveness, IMO. He's our best #6 and should with Bradley in CM.