Questa Curva non si divide ** Curva Sud Thread **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Oct 29, 2013.

1. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    IMG_1477.JPG
    Love this!

romanista8910, Gianluca511 and shiboboo repped this.
  2. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What? The barriere are still there, aren't they? They've just been lowered as far as I know.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    From the Curva Sud to Spalletti:

A Roma ci sono le barriere, le multe per cambio posto, scanner biometrico, triplo filtraggio, ispezionedelle scarpe, divieto di lanciare cori dalla balaustra, sequestrano le sciarpe “offensive”, non si possono fare cori tradizionali, niente fumogeni, torce e controlli perfino ai bambini. Diffide per motivi ridicoli, che però sono molto pesanti anche sul piano lavorativo della propria vita quotidiana. E tanto altro. Lo stadio olimpico di Roma non è un luogo adatto per la nostra enorme passione.

Se finalmente vi siete resi conto che la Sud è indispensabile, siete ancora in tempo per battere i pugni sul tavolo contro prefetto e questore (e NON contro i ragazzi della Sud!) per farla tornare a tifare liberamente. Ma sul serio, perchè siamo stufi delle solite frasette che non portano al cambiamento decisivo, continuamente posticipato.

Chi vorrà andare a Roma-Lione vada, nessuno vi ha mai bloccato. Non ci saremo per i soliti motivi, fino a cambiamento concreto. Compratevi il biglietto e occupate indegnamente la Sud se volete, fatevi i selfie e vedetevi la partita, ma non giudicate chi sta portando avanti con dolore nel Cuore questa battaglia di dignità e libertà di Tifo. Nessuno vi ha mai impedito di tifare, è solo che alla maggior parte di voi piace vedersi la partita e lamentarsi che nessuno tifa al posto vostro.

Quelli che “si sono messi di traverso” sono presenti ad ogni trasferta in Italia e in Europa ed hanno tutti 5/10/25 anni alle spalle di Curva Sud. Siamo tutte menti aperte e pensanti e andiamo fieri del nostro dissenso e di non esserci piegati al loro modello di Tifo. Una battaglia dura, ma che avremmo perso in partenza se avessimo accettato anche le ultime forti repressioni del Tifo. Assenti oggi per tornare grandi e avvelenati domani.

Mr Spalletti noi nel complesso la stimiamo sia come allenatore sia per come tiene testa ai giornalisti, vogliamo sperare abbia detto un’idiozia in buona fede perché non capisce certe dinamiche. Chiediamo totale rispetto per un dissenso civile e comunque uno sforzo a capire. Ora tutti concentrati su giovedì, tutte le altre questioni contano poco. Col cuore ci siamo e fisicamente speriamo di esserci in un altro settore ospiti ai quarti di finale.

Facciamo notare che non solo il Cuore del Tifo è assente, ma che ci saranno solo 25000 spettatori giovedì. Fatevi una domanda e datevi una risposta. Ad esempio sul caro biglietti, ma non solo. E mettetevi in testa che il tifoso non è colpevole di tutto ciò ma ne è vittima.

Non vediamo l’ora di riabbracciare la Roma e la Sud all’Olimpico. Incominciate (come minimo) a levare totalmente multe e barriere e la Sud torna a Tifare. La nostra presenza non è legata all’importanza del match, noi siamo OVUNQUE se LIBERI DI TIFARE. AVANTI CURVA SUD, FINO ALLA VITTORIA!

romanista8910 and ErPupone repped this.
  5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After further reading you are correct. I thought that they were in the process of taking them down and just hadn't finished.

That said I am highly skeptical that they'll return when the barriers come down. They are already lining up excuses about all of the other rules. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them coming back.

6. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wouldn't call it excuses. Those measures are disproportionate and the result of years of repression of Italian football fans by the authorities. Away fans from the rest of Europe have been shocked more than once about how things are handled there and how they are treated in Italian stadiums. There's a bunch of things going wrong, it's a ********in joke tbh and those who stand up against it shouldn't be called PoS.
    Besides that: I do think that they'll come back once the barriers are down. Wouldn't hold a grudge against them if they don't though.

Last words: I won't deny that self-aggrandizing behaviour has its part in the motives of many groups of ultras, but let's be real: they're the only ones that go to the stadium on a regular basis even when they have to pay exagerrated prices for seats in stadiums that have last been renovated in the early 90s. No reason to call on them when they finally stop it after circumstances got too bad even for them.

La Magica, romanista8910 and porreca repped this.
  7. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1

and add to that that this is ONLY happening in Rome, while these 'rules' dont apply to the rest of Italy.

romanista8910 repped this.
  8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, bio-metrics are really oppressive. As are banning anything offensive, because the rest of the civilized world doesn't do that.

I'll resent them immensely if they don't come back and in my eyes will confirm what I have always believed. These are nothing more than hooligans more interested in setting of flares and stabbing Napoli fans than supporting their club.

9. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol, my point isn't even about bio-metrics (yet they kinda are an infrigment of privacy but that's another topic). Measures like that are just the last straw that finally broke the camel's back after a long story of shit like unwarranted DASPOs, travel bans, repression at the stadium's entrance and a whole lot of other things that one could go on about for hours. Like I said, away fans from other countries are often shocked about the circumstances in and around Italy's stadiums. And as porreca has already noted: Roma gets fcked even more than other Italian clubs lately.

10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been to several games at SO and I'm shocked too, but not how you think. There are a lot of unsavory people hanging around outside and honestly it's not a very family friendly environment trying to get into the stadium. They will continue to get treated like that until they can learn to behave in a manner that doesn't frighten off the other customers.

11. FriendsOfRaveBear

FriendsOfRaveBear New Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Question for the knowledgeable supporters here- my wife and I will be in Rome in early April and want to attend the Roma-Lazio Coppa semifinal. This will be our first match outside the US. What section would you recommend we get tickets in? We'll be supporting Roma, but understand that this is a derby, passions will run high, and we certainly wouldn't fit in with ultras of either side.

12. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tribuna tevere is your best bet. When you buy your tickets you tell them you're a Roma supporter (most of the time I've bought from the AS Roma store). The Tribuna tevere has a pretty good view, you can always step it up to the tevere partere which is as close as you can get, however when sitting there, I found the views not as good as when you sit higher up. The partere is just good because you can stand and walk around a little more if you don't like sitting in your seat like me. I don't believe the Curva Sud will be back for this game but the Lazio Curva most likely will. It's definitely a little dangerous but with not all the Ultras most likely being there it will most likely be a pretty silent derby and not too much to fear. Either way, no need to fear inside the stsdium it's more so outside. Just make sure you stay with other Roma supporters and don't venture to the other side of the stadium. If you plan on wearing any Roma colors, you'll be fine, if it is your first time though, maybe bring a sweater or something to wear when you leave the stadium just in case you have to walk a bit to find a cab. Whatever you do...do not wear anything blue! Like I said, not much to fear it should be a pretty quiet derby. Just stick with Roma supporters and use your street smarts! You'll be fine. Enjoy and forza roma!

Gianluca511 and Java65 repped this.
  13. Marko83

Marko83 Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Stockton on Tees, Inghilterra
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I usually go in the Distini Sud, It's not really intimidating and you still experience a decent atmosphere. It's about the best for access to as you just need to cross the river.

14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's true, club has confirmed it

16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any word on if they'll be getting rid of the fines?

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I heard.

18. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shiboboo and romanista8910 repped this.
  19. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That will be beautiful win or lose, finally

Shen-O and romanista8910 repped this.
  20. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shen-O, Marco9 and shiboboo repped this.
  21. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope the Curva Sud will be back in full force for the second CI leg.

romanista8910 repped this.
  22. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are they even coming back at all? I thought they said they still weren't coming back even if the barriers were taken down because of searches and whatnot.

23. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's what I'm wondering. The barriers coming down are a great first step but what about these fines and other measures?

Gianluca511 repped this.
  24. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol ffs if they dont come back after that then they are truly selfish

25. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    CS is sold out, Distinti Sud also only has few places left. Guess they'll be there.