Questa Curva non si divide ** Curva Sud Thread **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SoCalYid, ASRomaUSA and whill4 repped this.
  2. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    agreed, its nice to have a general news thread

most of the time i find an article. i put it in the upcoming match thread

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I put in my resume to Roma yesterday. Nothing to lose.

5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Does anyone know where I can find attendance information for Serie A that is reliable?

6. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    it seems the indonesia game was canceled.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    didn't know.where to write.this but some sport papers in italy are.just puppets. corriere and gazetta today were headlining roma's record and what does that asswipe of tuttosport feature for.picture on the.first page??? juve as always. if Roma wins the CL 7-0 they will still feature a picture about a juve player as they do everyday.

9. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Why do you care? Fu ck tuttosport, they are a pro-Juve based paper.

10. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    just wanted to let it out somewhere

11. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  12. Huwaidee

Huwaidee Member

AS Roma
    Kuwait
    Jul 18, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Federico Balzaretti gave all the players and team assistants of Roma (46 in total)

A Bracelet of gold and diamonds to celebrate the record breaking win in Serie A

Grande Balza!!!!

porreca, tmontana52 and Andreas repped this.
  13. Bats

Bats Member

Sep 23, 2013
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this. We can see how close this group is. A team with great chemistry is a great team.

Grande Balza

14. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He sent that to me yesterday, that's funny.

16. Huwaidee

Huwaidee Member

AS Roma
    Kuwait
    Jul 18, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

The DERTOyer is back

whill4 repped this.
  17. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone posted this on /r/soccer :

How close was Serie A's relegation battle in 2004-05?

[​IMG]

I had to read up on the 2004-05 season because it was slightly before my time as a fan. Anyone around during that time want to share there thoughts? It must have been a really stressful time!

18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah it was miserable. Juventus was getting absurd referee decisions and it was so apparent that they were being helped. It was a really depressing time. Cassano was there though. Olivier Dacourt. Mexes. I think Delvecchio was gone then. Montella was coming to life then and becoming deadly

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That was the year we went through managers like zeman a pack of cigs. I believe it was 4 or 5 managers and we lost many key players and turncoats to rubentus. The frisk coin incident may have also happened but I would need to look that up to be sure. The team was divided after so many departures but it was a unique season with it being so close right up to the higher end of mid table. Without Totti is could have been, probably would have been relegation

20. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That was a season were Roma and Lazio played a goalless draw that would allow both teams to avoid relegation...Was a pretty pathetic year and don't really see any positive apart from being able to listen to CL music while our team was still in the CL group stage....

Also, if I am not mistaken, that was the year Mexes was sent off against Kiev Dinamo after the half-time whistle and the referee was hit with a coin, that resulted in 0-3 loss and an empty stadium for the rest of our home games against Bayer and Real...

21. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    By the way, we already have 10 wins :D

22. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had no idea it was so close.

I think my favourite moment that season was Totti nearly scoring from the halfway line. I think it might've been against Livorno, he was having one of those perfect games were everything he passes slices through the defence and then in the second half he went from halfway first time when the ball broke to him, the goalkeeper saved it like a cat as he was running backwards. Olivier Dacourt seemed to play so much that season.

I also recall that season being a somewhat nervous time as Totti was yet to renew and some thought with the state of the team then he may instead leave with a year to go on his contract.

I've still got a FourFourTwo magazine from when I was going on holiday and in it it had the top 50 number 10s. Totti came in at about number 6. The writer of it seemed to think there was a strong chance of Totti leaving but then Ilary became pregnant with their first child in early 2005 and that made his mind up to stay in Rome. He then renewed up until 2010.

23. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #23 GamE_Ove12, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

To give you some preface I think it is important to understand the mood going into that season. We lost a deserved scudetto the year before after a vintage Capello team run using an incredible yet very thin squad, but with Totti and Cassano having one of their best seasons ever. It was against a legendary Milan side that had the likes of Sheva, Maldini, Rui Costa, Cafu, Seedorf in their prime, plus the emergence of a young incredible player called Kaka. Still it was a season full of controversy as usual with Milan getting significant referee help. As an example, an equalizer against Chievo in the 98 minutes after the referee gave only 4 minutes of injury time, then the famous hand ball not called for PK in our game against Milan that decided the title. Milan broke the record points back then with 82 points, while we had 71 (keeping on mind we gave up on the last two games after the title was decided). 71 points could've won us the title in any of the preceeding years. Typical Roma bad luck. All that made us go into the summer in bitter mode and shattered morales.

To make things worse, one of the biggest betrayal in history of football happened. Capello escaped through the backdoor literally in the middle of the night and joined our biggest rivals Juventus without warning. The Juve-Roma rivalry back then was at its peaks with Sensi, Baldini and Capello being the generals leading the Roma front. The rivalry was thousand times more fierce than what it is now. Capello had said few months earlier that he will never coach Juventus. He was considered a Roman hero in the struggle against the corrupt north, he was loved and adored by every Romanista on the planet. Yet all of a sudden, we literally woke up one morning and saw him posing with Moggi announcing he had joined Juve. You can imagine our pain, surprise and disgust. To top that off, he took Emerson with him. One of the pillars of that team that fought for the title the year earlier.

We were broke. We bought Perrotta (god bless him but he was no Emerson) and Ferrari who ended up being a flop. And the joke of a footballer Mido. Not to mention Moggi was controlling the market back then with his GEA organization and he made sure our options are limited. He made Baldini and Sensi his bitches.

Then our hero Totti embarrassed himself in the 2004 Euro with the famous spitting incident and was banned. He was blasted in in Italian media and across Europe. Everything went from bad to worse.

We appointed Prandelli, who just came off a great season with Parma. Things seems to have stabilized and another cycle was about to start. Then all of a sudden, and like if we needed more rain on our parade, shortly before the season started Prandelli resigned due to his wife illness.

Just few weeks before the season started, we found ourselves with no coach and foolishly went on to appoint Rudi Voller. He had no experience and was appointed merely on his legacy as Roma legend. Few weeks after the season started he realized he was out of his depth and resigned. We went for Del Neri who managed to stabilize things a little bit and we looked like we are on way for a reasonable mid table finish. But we foolishly sacked him and replaced him with Bruno Cotne who god bless him tried but was way out of his depth. We finished last in our CL group, losing all games except one. And we were almost relegated, we only made it in the last round.

Now you would think things could have not been any worse during that season, but no they were. Cassano had one of his fits and was frozen for a good portion of the season. Our fans hit the referee with a coin in CL game and we were punished by UEFA playing two games behind closed doors. Totti, who was already under bad rep after the Euro 2004, badly injured a Bayer Leverkusen player by jumping on him leaving his cleats marks on his back in an image that went viral, and needless to say was suspended for long time.

Certainly one of the darkest times in our history.

zako, Zephyrus and Midfield General repped this.
  24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out about LaMagicast and listened. It's good fun. It's basically a spoken word version of this board, but Roma really has a unique fanbase online.

My god, does Julian murder everyone's name. He called Ljajic Lilac. :ROFLMAO:

25. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    One interesting trivia about the 2004 summer I forgot to mention in my post. We had a deal with Ajax for Ibrahimovic, but Moggi instructed his agent to tell him to rebel and miss training at Ajax so he can force a cheaper move to Juve (as discovered later fro mthe Caliopoli phone records). Baldini went from Ibrahimovic to sign Mido. Youp.. that's how much of a bitch Moggi made him.

Awful awful times.