Quarterfinals! [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by ZeekLTK, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    That may be so, not gonna lie, this is fútbol you never know, but hey what a ********ing ride it has been! I definitely owe Wild Bill a beer!

2. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Cause I dont like Santos I think I made myself clear about that before. Chief ya need to read some more.

3. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    your boy chief is crying up in the mls boards maybe you should bring him back in to safe himself from embarrasment

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i read your ardido comment about bringin in the kids some lame shit like that

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    ok... sure... I dont even remember how I got back home yesterday you need to be a little bit specific wtf is ardido? Sorry im slow i know.

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol nevermind

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    DUde I cant acount for other people, who you talking about Kraze, Sage, Daly?

8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    some canadian dude

9. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Let him vent man, I would be a little bit frustrated as well after losing in such a way. I would probably drink but he that's just me. I try to prepare for the worst most of the time in this tournamente.

Como se dice en esto laureles "Tanto nadar para morir en la orilla".

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    pues eso es la verdad

11. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    What a game that was last night! Props to Montréal for putting up a good fight.

Santos shoúldn't have suffered the way they did but in the end they took care of business and rightfullt advanced.

12. Goaler

Goaler Member

Bristol City, Slavia Prague, Pacific FC, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Vancouver Whitecaps, Philadelphia Union
    England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good luck with that since the only MLS club that takes this competition seriously is DC United, maybe newcomers Seattle will as well.

13. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch second leg, but from what I'm seeing, I don't want to. Montreal needs to fire its keeper.

14. Goaler

Goaler Member

Bristol City, Slavia Prague, Pacific FC, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Vancouver Whitecaps, Philadelphia Union
    England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    They lost because of altitude exhaustion and the fact that Sandos did not get a deserved red card, nothing more nothing less.

15. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Um, ya, you did........... but whatever.

16. Goaler

Goaler Member

England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, the MLS is a joke, they think they can beat any other club with technical ability when the whole team isn't good enough, the only MLS club that has real success playing that way is DC United.

17. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abso-freaking-lutely. The tying goal was an a complete and utter disaster as far as goalkeeping was concerned. I know it's been said, but PR's Gaudette wouldn't have let that happen. He was a monster against Marathon on Wednesday.

18. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're kidding, right? The same DC United that managed a single point in 6 matches? It was like the '06 or '98 World Cup all over again. Sure you could call that a group of death, but c'mon. A single point? I've defended the overall quality of DCU, but in this year's tournament they were a joke. They are the biggest reason everyone thinks MLS sucked so bad this year. Yeah, the Revs and Chivas USA were bad, but either one would have gotten more than a single draw (from a last second goal no less). To top it off, they didn't earn a single point in SuperLiga. If that's not the definition of a pathetic international season, I don't know what is.

By altitude exhaustion, do you mean bringing all 10 field players into the defensive 1/3 and letting Santos pass the ball like it was a Sunday kick-around game? I said it before and I'll say it again: all a Prevent defense does is prevent you from winning. Montreal showed us that it applies to association football as well as gridiron football.

19. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the pressure marathon put on gaudette does not even come close to santos.

20. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, but it was more about the way Gaudette held his ground, and didn't look lost. Then again, I'm sure it didn't help having 10 defenders in the box. Makes it kinda hard to see what's going on.

21. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    DC doesn't look like they're going to be very good this season. Columbus looks a whole lot better, playing with more overall talent.

22. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    True, but I'm sure you can admit, the game tying goal, was one of the softest goals. Definitely should have been saved........he really looked like a fish out of water on that one

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2nd goal was much much worse. No way he should have let that rebound (or at least that bad of one) on the initial shot. A decent keeper would have easily claimed that one.

24. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun game, but what a heartbreaker for Montreal.

25. Goaler

Goaler Member

England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah ok, so DC kinda sucks now, but in past Champions Cup's they have done alright, and they will have another crack at it next time, and I said that they can beat MLS clubs with technical ability, not necessarily latin ones.