"Quality" soccer pubs Fairfield Cty, CT or upper Westchester Cty, NY???

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Beantowner, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Beantowner

Beantowner Member

Aug 19, 2005
    HK / Shanghai / NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is a decent quality soccer pub located in Fairfield County, CT (Greenwich, Stamford, etc.) OR in upper Westchester County, NY (Rye, Scarsdale, Pelham areas)? Thanks for any helpful insight.

2. rarateck

rarateck Member

Jul 8, 2006
    dude sickest soccer bar ever is called Nevada Smiths it is ********ing crazy go on google video and type it in you'll see what i'm talking about, as for overall experience that is the best, as for westchester just try to find an irish pub and you should be good . if not check foxsoccerchannel.com they have a list of pubs all over the country that show soccer

3. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno, I haven't lived in Westchester in years. However, if you get a chance, go get a haircut at Aldo's Soccer Shop in Bedford Hills. It's the craziest place, the guy, if he's still alive (haven't been there in 10 years) sells jerseys, boots, etc, in the front of the store, and has a barber chair in the back. He gives surprisingly decent haircuts, and loves to talk soccer. He'll certainly be able to recommend a good place, no doubt.

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    There used to be a place in Stamford called the Playwright on Summer St., but I don't think it's there anymore. There is also/was also a Playwright in Stratford, iirc. O'Neal's in South Norwalk shows games I believe, but I've never been there for one. There is also Rory Dolan's on McLean Ave. in Yonkers, but, yeah, if you are going all the way to Yonkers you might as well just take Metro North into the city and watch it at Nevada's.

There are some bars along Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains, you could check to see if any of them fashions themselves Irish, in which case they likely would show games.