Qualifiers 2016 - Brazil (Quito) and Peru (Lima)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Quilotoa, Aug 30, 2016.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Or worse....Chiriboga o_O

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We should have done alot of things

some wanted him gone for the tie against USA and losing to Brazil. The most important thing about those games was both Brazil and USA brought their A game to an experimental and inexperienced Ecuador who faced them with out Montero, Valencia, and Caicedo.

Vizuete wasnt blind or clueless. He wouldnt have repeated mistakes like Rueda or Quinteros.

We need to develop players. We need to help mold up coming youth. Why because when our star players arent able to play or just cant preform surprisingly no one else can fill there shoes or coaches like Quinteros and Rueda would refuse do make such decision in these stages (World Cup and Qualifiers).

Honestly if FEF fires Quinteros who will we get??? Our Number one option is gone. Rumor had it that Sergio Markarián is an option im not excited about him. I dont think anyone big would want to take a chance at this point and ruin their reputation. So really lets just get ready for Quatar. FEF and Quinteros **** this up already.

3. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Once again Quinteros shows us he's clueless on coaching the national team, Bauza why did you have to take the reigns for Argentina?

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Because there's no competition. They pretty much know they are going to start.

Jefe Esco, Luigi408, javer and 1 other person repped this.
  5. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Azcona
    Velasco
    Aimar
    Caicedo
    Pineida
    Valencia
    Oyola
    Noboa
    Penilla
    Cazares
    Felipao or Walter Chala

I bet you that team either ties or beats Chile and wins in La Paz

javer repped this.
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Probably Aguinaga but he hasn't proved himself.

7. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ecuador's midfield was nonexistent, it became more and more apparent when Gruezo was subbed in. Peru once again out played us in a well deserved victory, we were playing hacky sack in the midfield most second half and couldn't get a good ball through. Did I forget to mention that Montero has no end game? The sad part is I don't think this group lacks talent, I think there's internal problems + lack of confidence. Except for Achilier, he just straight up sucks. And am I the only one who gets really really nervous with Dominguez in net? Dominguez tends to go out too far and start playing around with the ball at his feet instead of releasing it before the opposing team's forward can snatch it off of him; he holds onto the ball too long and one of these days he will lose the ball at his feet and get scored on. I saw in this game three occasions where this almos happened or he made a really weak cross that ended up back in his half being passed around by Peruvian players opening up to score.

Jefe Esco and cabezamagica repped this.
  8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    You know who would have done this ? .... Vizuete. And with out Felipao too! And still give a good game vs Chile and Win in la Paz.

Man Aguinaga still needs to fix Liga. And if he does coach the NT it would ruin him why? Because this is late stage no one want this kind of pressure Aguinaga is way to inexperienced even less than Vizuete when he took over if he fails thats it he wouldnt be more successful as a coach than Sevilla or Polo Carrera. To big a risk right now for his career.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Am I the only one who saw arroyos red card as soon as he came on?

It happens every week at America.

Gringo Ecuatoriano repped this.
  10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guys, if you are wondering how we fell apart, I'll tell you one of the main reasons.

Teams figured us out, its not hard,
    • Double coverage on Montero, this forces Walter to step out his zone and its clear he doesnt make it on time often.
    • Personal coverage on Noboa at all times, this closes our center game and it isolates Caicedo.
    • Leave Miller alone, he isolates himself out of a game.
    • Attack us with ground ball and directly to our central defenders.

Jefe Esco and Quilotoa repped this.
  11. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Or just let us cross all day its not like Caicedo will win one.

12. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Look back two cycles of qualifying and Chile, Paraguay and Colombia weren't too amazing at home they actually lost more than one game at home and by scorelines of 3-0 and 2 goal differences. What are you confused about? Chile, Paraguay and Colombia's record at home isn't impeccable. If we're talking as recent as two qualifying cycles so 2010 and 2014, Chile lost at home to Paraguay and Brazil 3-0 in 2010, Colombia lost like three games at home versus Argentina, Paraguay, Chile and Uruguay in 2010 and Paraguay has a knack of losing at home to Chile, Brazil and Argentina. Chile, Colombia and Paraguay aren't unstoppable at home; they're not terrible but they don't have a reputation like Ecuador or Argentina or Brazil of being unstoppable at home.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero can't even cross, all he does is run in a line won't even cut in.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  14. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    And thats the side we are "dangerous" Enner Valencia didnt even cross on the right.

15. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    For real doe, Im kinda glad we lost and hope these losses make us more humble all the Ecuas I know were sounding all cocky, we sounded like Colombians a bit.

16. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I agree, we sounded like Colombians in 2010 when they started with a good headstart only to fall at the middle of qualifiers and fail to qualify.

17. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Honestly Quinteros is an idiot. Any coach with half a brain will put players who have had good performances this year and not start those who have shown time and time again that they're not NT material.

He continued to start Ayovi, Achilier, Quinonez, Paredes, Gruezo, and Enner knowing full well those players have been bad at club level. Why not start Luis Caicedo, Orejuela, Pineida or Ramirez; players who have actually been performing?

Look at Brazil. They played players who are in good form (Renato Augusto, Paulinho, Gabriel Jesus, etc...) and are getting results. That's what a good coach does. He plays those who are in their best moment.

Let's also get one thing clear. We don't have a bad NT. What we have is a bad coach who is stubborn and not willing to bench players who deserve to be benched.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great post. Thanks for the laugh. "LV 40 Poketrainer" lol!

LoreBSC repped this.
  19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This. Even Italy and other teams go with players that are currently performing even if they are young. Now you see Italy and Brazil game elevated because they don't play the old and settle players that dont give a damn or aren't performing anymore. Look at what IDV did with so many young players?! They won.

We need a coach that isn't afraid to call up young and old that are performing. We don't need a coach like Quinteros that thinks because you won four games in a row a year ago you can play 90 minutes in two games after sucking all year long.

I don't get it. Everyone in the world can see it but Quinteros doesn't at all. Why even call up IDV players when you don't even play their best (Orejuela)?! He IMO has been the best player for a year or more in the middle than anyone else. He has a "can do" attitude. He has participated in an international final. Played against top competition. Had the highest % passes completed in the last Libertadores. ********. I don't know what else any coach needs to see to start Orejuela. He would have controlled he middle and liberated Naboa. He makes key passes as well. This angers me so much.

Then we got other players coming up like Caicedo. That dude can call. Already knows how to play with Mina. Has a clear head and doesn't foul stupidly. Battles the ******** out for balls. I would say his talent is on par with Mina. Probably even better throughout the Libertadores.

I mean. I wouldn't know who to replace Quinteros with but I know he isn't the answer. I mean the results speak for themselves. It's going to be almost a whole year that we had those consecutive wins and now we have nothing to show for. Just our luck that there aren't any great coaches to hire at this time. I wouldn't know who would be an upgrade to Quinteros.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bring on El Loco Bielsa....pay the man!!!!

21. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    At this point i would take anything this team needs a change PRONTO, all the players are comfortable reason they play the way they play, they know they can't do no wrong in Quinteros eyes and he will keep calling them up and playing them, we need players that are hungry and ready to play por la camiseta.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are you aware he quit Lazio within 2 days of being in the job?

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They don't call him El Loco for nothin'

But in all sincerity, he was an offensive genius for Chile, and he has a big enough personality to keep our guys in check.

24. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    That dudes like 37 years old and has like 100 games with the NT and all that experience didnt help him.

25. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Send a search party to the Brooklyn Bridge yall, I think fafaco just said "phuck that sh!t".