Qualification for the 2005 Libertadores

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Robdog, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Somebody get this straight for me, Both Banfield & Quilmes will be in the 2005 Libertadores??? What is up w/ La Academia or the Diablos Rojos??? Did Velez just choke or what??? Please clarify this for me, thanks.

2. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Well the teams that qualified are RIVER,boca, San Lorenzo, and Banfield.Quilmes has got a spot in the SUDAMERICANA along with Arsenal de Sarandi,.

Velez had many chances to get themselves into an internacional cup but luck wasnt on their side.

As for Racing they started strong but lost valuable games at home.Their season was more of a rollercoaster.

Independiente? If they keep this up they wil be playing in the 2nd division next year.Its sad to see an institution like this go down the drain,so much history a great one I might add, I really hope they get their shyt together and start being what they were a few years back,its going to take time for the fact that they are ina huge debt and cannot aford to bring top-notch players to give RIVER and boca a fight in the local tournament.

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: CAI going down???

Well they can boast about the Diabolitas. They are hot :D

4. Chris M

Chris M New Member

May 7, 2004
    Liverpool/Sheffield
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What decides who qualifies for the Libertadores and the Sudamericana? I've been playing in the Argentinian league on Championship Manager a little, and I have no idea what I have to do to qualify for either of them, I just end up doing so.

Is it based on overall performance, or performance in one of the apertura/clausura, or some other method? Can you, as it appears on CHamp Man, qualify for both?