News: Qatar and the 2012 World Cup

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by jcr3, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure we all suspect or know how Qatar won the bidding for the 2012 World Cup. In the latest issue of World Soccer magazine, there is a very well written article as to how they got all the members to vote for them.

Of course it didn't make any sense, but Qatar basically bribed all the countries that voted for them by either investing heavily in setting up soccer academies, donating their stadiums, and a variety of other mechanisms.

The article also brings to light their strategy of basically converting foreign nationals into eligible players for their team so they have a team at least capable of going out of the 1st round.

The idea that they will create a soccer nation in 8 years from their own countrymen is such a joke that you had to know something else was up.

After reading this article, I was quite disgusted even though I already suspected how they did it.

It would be great if we all boycotted the 2012 World Cup and finally force some real reform to FIFA and expose Blatter.

Pick up or read the latest issue of World Soccer magazine and read the article.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Qatar will host World Cup 2022. There is no World Cup 2012.