Punk's NOT dead!!! Ray Jackson (BIGHMW) to write new Arsenal song - "Unai's Red Army"

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BIGHMW, Sep 4, 2018.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the mold of old-school, vintage early-1980s skinhead/hardcore/punk from bands like The Exploited and D.O.A. used to do, I intend to write and record an ALL-NEW (and without any samples used) song about Arsenal, entitled "Unai's Red Army", in which I have become inspired to do by listening to some old Exploited and D.O.A. shit, such as "Exploited Barmy Army", only it will be done MY WAY, and, in the very same vein as old early-80s punk used to be it will be a very short track, probably under 2 minutes in length, so now I have reason to dig out my old B.C. Rich NJ series Warlock and my NJ Series Innovator bass as well as fire up that old Boss DR-660 Dr. Rhythm drum machine (in which will be played manually and in real-time) and record some all-new shit since my old days as The Heavy Metal Warrior with my old hardcore/skate-thrash band S.M.F. when I self-recorded the demos to our last (and ill-fated) album, "SchizoTron", back in 2000-01.

I did "Arsenal" for the Arsene Wenger generation of Gooners, including myself who came on-board and became a Gooner as a result of the Invincibles and their legacy, but this one is for a while new generation of Gooners, under our new Fearless Leader, the one and only Unai Emery, who will march us back to UEFA Champions League status every year (maybe not this season but who knows), but it's time for a changing of not only the guard but also of the attitude, a bit more anger, a bit more bite, and certainly, a bit more aggression, so I hope you'll enjoy it when i put it out!!! COYF'n'G!!!

2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the lyrics, done in typical short punk/sXe form, they get the message across don't they Legions (and fellow Gooners)???

DSC01404.JPG

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THAT'S just the beginning, I'll put more structure in the lyrics during the rest of this week, and then I'll start recording the tracks as soon as next week, and follow that with the "B"-side, that being my cover of "Sex & Violence" by The Exploited.