Pumas v. Tigres: Pre, post, & match analysis (R)

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by DNA, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yep in the DF - Brit. working and living. And fortunately in the south, so its about 20 mins to CU, which is great, and the season ticket is very reasonable:- for a full year (including entry to the cups we've been in + playoffs), it doesn't cost much more than what you can pay to a single premeirship match.

Didn't get to as many away matches as I wanted this year... always next year, though....

Are you Mexican citizen, or US, or both, or what?

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    both...hopefully this year i will be able to go to mex and check out a few games...looks as its gonna be for next season...

why do you like pumas?

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    well, to be honest, we live, as I say, very close to the university, where I work most people are Pumas, lots of people are related in some way to UNAM, and the day after I arrived got taken to see them (1-0 v Atlante, very dull game) and not really looked back. And since learning more about Mexican football, I am jolly pleased that I chose them (or had them thrust upon me, as it were)

Its odd, cos I am Norwich, really, but not lived there for years, so hardly ever see them, and cannot see them at all on telly here, and they will always be what I think of myself 1st and foremost, and although I keep up through t'internet etc, you can't help but build a real affinity with a team you watch live week in week out. Doesn't stop me writing to Nigel Worthington begging him to buy Leandro, however - he would have been a great replacement for Damien Francis, and we may have stayed up with him. I digress.