Pumas v. Tigres: Pre, post, & match analysis (R)

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by DNA, Apr 23, 2006.

1. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Game tomorrow at CU, we can still make it to the liguilla but we gotta pull this shit together especially after losing to Atlante last week we need to get points. I'm hoping Memo just lets the guys play and have fun rather than busting some España tactics. 2-1 Pumas is my prediction, Pareja scoring one for good measure followed by one by Morales. And then late in the second half someone will score for Tigres off a counter or something.

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Pumas v. Tigres: Es Ahora, o Nunca

This is a must win for Pumas...it is getting complex to get a ticket for the fiesta as it always turns out during this time of the year...that is why pumas has to show us today that is ready to respond to a critical time because this kind of response is what it takes in the liguilla to succeed...

i expect tigres to probably give us some some slack and show up with not many starters 'cuz of their game in libertadores seem to be their priority...so pumas should capitalize on that if in fact that factor is given...if not, then is gonna be a complicated game and pumas would have to work even harder for the victory...

i see a pumas attacking and tigres on the contra...if we can eliminate gaitan, that would give us an edge in the final result...tuca plays very defensive but is extremely dangerous if gaitan is having a nice day...we have to move the ball all around the field, seek surprise on set plays, look for quick first touch paredes to dismantle a tight defense, find open spaces to shoot from outside, play without the ball, and seek deep with our laterales...

i expect memo to come out with same team who defeated america and jaguares, no salinas this time, unless he is given the task of attacking as good as the young chiapas has done...

...pumas should win this one, i am not sure if by more than a goal, but the tie could also be likely if tuca sends a team similar to the one used in libertadores...vamos pumas!!!

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    palacios por toledo, velarde por chiapas, e inyiguez por botero...interesting, hope it works...so they need to look for palacios en centros...velarda's play is that of a medio, we see how it does on the def, he should go ahead as chiapas does...we all know how inyiguez is, expect not a whole lot from him...

4. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    inyiguez...had twice the opportunity to head and then to hit it with his foot and did not do either one as the ball came from the left first and then from the right...he sucks, no doubt

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...nos salvamos, nos perdona chamagol...

we are using the bandas but nothing has happened yet...palacios does not add to the front and inyiguez cant do either pass or rematar...i am not sure where marioni is...

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...toluca already up 1-0...shit

7. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...nos perdona gaitan...thank you

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...inyiguez sucks one more time...twice on the middle to shoot then he gets scared and passes it to marioni who can't shoot right...sucks for inyiguez...can we please send them to hell?

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...goooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....a producto de gallina weyyyy

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...men, tuca is freaking out!!!

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...a few things for the second half...they are attacking us from their right side, we need adjustments there, no need to change players...picolin to me sale sobrando in the middle but we can give him some time to hopefully go in the front and score, at the most 10-20 min of the second if not by half time and bring toledo in...i am not sure who would come in for inyiguez if he is taken out, i want him out now!!!...maybe marioni can go more towards the middle so we can take inyiguez out and bring morales in...we need to be consistent in finishing up the plays because we are making good plays all over the field, is just the finishing that we can't capitalize...

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...palacios out, morales in...we already missed two goal opportunities, one by inyiguez...

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...brilliant counter by pumas...marioni, morales, inyiguez...guess what, ingyiguez alone and misses!!!!!!!!!...

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...intenso el comienzo, pero bajo...aunque tigres ataca mas...pumas should be careful on the defense and fast on the counter...tigres has missed tons of opportunities in the small box...gaitan well contained so far but not totally he can apper anytime with something meaningful...

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...inyiguez...a total ******** up!!!!!!!........

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    bring in toledo for inyiguez...take pareja on inyiguez place...

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...this sucks, we better score...we never did it on the counter with inyiguez ahead and gaitan appeared...we better watch out now, tigres has the momentum...

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...the only good thing right now is that toluca is 1-1 against santos...so i guess we will see what happens on the very last jornada...we better win today...inyiguez is out, thank god, why did it take so long?...

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    marioni se acaba de perder el del gane...

20. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i am not sure if we are gonna win this one, i dont think we deserve to win: too many missed oportunities ahead and our defense was poor...with a team like this in the liguilla i dont see ourselves going very far...

21. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...santos is beating toluca so we are all tied up in our group going into the last jornada...this is pretty patetic when a team depends on other teams' results to see what its future will be for them...i don't like it, but i will take it for now...

22. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Thanks for all that, Franco. I think you are right, a draw was probably fair enough, although there was one VERY clear penalty turned down, early second half on Íñiguez:- looked clear in the stadium, and the ref was WAY off the pace, how did it look on the telly? heres a still:-
    [​IMG]
    And Iñiguez really looked poor I thought, so slow, so lacking in ability:- that penalty incident mentioned earlier, any other striker would have scored before, so we can't complain too much.

So winning v Dorados is essential now, but our away form this season... although again, for large parts of this match we looked bright and positive, and created some chances:- me mate tells me we didn't create ONE vs Atlante (I was in Cuba, so missed it)

23. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...no pk once reviewed on tv...

...we must win against dorados...but so we had to against tigres...

i don't think this team deserves to move forward on this tourney...i mean, i would love it, but how is playing we won't go much further on liguilla...

i think we will lose against dorados, but hope for the victory...

...como estan las cubanas?>>>>

24. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    .... fair do's then....

..... well, they're all "must wins" at the moment!

..... yeah, thats probably true, but we have had flashes this season...very frustrating, cos it has sometimes been almost there.

.... same as you mate, me heart says 4-0 Pumas, me head says 2-0 Dorados

......muy amable....guapa...tranquila....es un país maravillosa, gracias - ¿has ido?

25. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...no cuba, not yet...

what nationality are you bro?...are you in mex. city or where?

...dorados is pretty ugly terrain...we will see how it goes against them...