Pumas V. Dorados [R]

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by fireman451, Apr 27, 2006.

1. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, since nobody else started this thread, here we go . . .

It's been said before in other threads, Pumas needs to get their shit together and unfortantely we'll also have to monitor the scoreboard and hope for the best in this last week of the season. No more ties, we need to WIN.

Then we need to pull for Chivas and Veracruz to beat Toluca and Morelia respectively. We're all in the same boat, we're all away teams, so it's not going to be easy.

2. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have a feeling Chivas is going to pull something out of their ass and beat Toluca. They haven't won in the League for the past three jornadas, and they just won last night 3-0 so they will be very motivated.

It will be tough for us to beat Dorados at home. I think we can win if we score within the first 30 minutes.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...dorados not a team to be taken lightly...so its gonna be hard at their house when they know is a must win to stay in primera...we will see how pumas do it...

...is kinda of a joke to go in like this, if we do then we should enjoy the ride and really hope for the best...i am not sure our team has what it takes to be champs this season...

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    As far as I understand it the first 2 teams of each group go thorugh, then the two highest teams in the tabla general who are not 1st or 2nd in their group.

This means if we WIN, and Toluca lose, or even get a draw, we will go through as 2nd in group 2. If Toluca win by a small margin, and we win heavily, we can leap-frog them:- at the moment they have a goal difference of +1, we have -1.

Even if they stay ahead on goal difference, 24 points could be enough to go through via tabla general, although it is very tight in there.

Anyway, Chivas v Toulca kicks off at 7pm, so we will know before our kick off at 9pm (these are DF times), and with Cruz Azul v Pachuca at 5pm, its going to be a long afternoon/evening in front of the telly!

Basically we need to win, although a draw could still get us through, but we would be very lucky for all the results to come through.

Marioni has said he will be treating like a cup final, Leandro that they must forget everything else, and comcemtrate on the 3 points, the usual stuff, here it is, from the official site:-

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Thats fair enough... but remember winning the title after finishing 9th in the tabla general?!

And about the league this year, only really Jaguares, Cruz Azul, and Pachuca have stamped their way in this time, the other 5 teams will have all had pretty average seasons, and will also have thought to have "sneaked" in a bit.

I must say, I have been feeling for a while now that Cruz Azul will walk away champs this year.

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    7pm Chivas Toluca on Televisa
    9pm Dorados Pumas on TV Azteca

Some stuff from Record today:-
    Marioni:- "Mi permanencia está garantizada por mi contrato, pero después hay que analizar muchas situaciones una vez terminado el torneo"

Beltran:- "Ojalá y lo pueda celebrar [it's his birthday today] con un triunfo mañana: No quiero que este sea mi último partido con Pumas. Cuando termine la participaciónde los Pumas en el presente torneo me sentaré a platicar con la directiva para ver qué sucede com mi situación: Por el momento no voy a decir más"

hmmmm

7. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We're out.

Let's face it we deserved it. Hope next season is amazing.... it will have to be unless we want to be butting heads with chivas coras and dorados de tijuana.

Los clasificados parecen ser:

San Luis
    Atlante
    Pachuca
    Toluca
    Jaguares
    Cruz Azul
    Chivas
    America
    Tigres

Si gana el america y pierden los tigres pasan los tigres. Si los dos ganan las chivas se quedan atras y si ganan los tigres y pierde el america el america se queda sin liguilla. es mas complicado si hay empates.

8. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    MEXICO 3 - IRAN 0
    MEXICO 4 - ANGOLA 0
    MEXICO 2 - PORTUGAL 1

that would be sweet....