Pumas v. Atlante (Pre-During-Post Comments) (R)

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Apr 15, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    How do you see this game?...against atlante last time nos fue mal, so it is le revenge this time @ azteca again...both teams turn out to be offensive and both have similar chances of liguilla...i am confident we would come ahead but i do not promise a big margin (hopefully i am not wrong)...here is the last games against them:

19 de ago, 2001 UNAM 1 F 2 Atlante
    9 de feb, 2002 Atlante 1 F 1 UNAM
    16 de nov, 2002 UNAM 4 F 1 Atlante
    11 de may, 2003 Atlante 3 F 1 UNAM
    31 de ago, 2003 UNAM 1 F 1 Atlante
    14 de feb, 2004 Atlante 2 F 4 UNAM
    22 de ago, 2004 Atlante 0 F 1 UNAM
    23 de ene, 2005 UNAM 0 F 1 Atlante
    6 de nov, 2005 UNAM 2 F 3 Atlante

Sat Apr 15 03:00PM Pacific
    Sat Apr 15 04:00PM Mountain
    Sat Apr 15 05:00PM Central
    Sat Apr 15 06:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    Galavision (US)

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Well I think we can beat them if we play the way we did last week. 2-0 is my prediction.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    yes...i hope they have in mind the last couple of times we met, they beat us...so it would be nice to see pumas end atlante's campaign with a victory in azteca...hope we blast them...botero is yet to score...

again, i think it is really working what the two (botero/marioni) are doing in the front by moving around and letting the people behind them come in as they take away marks and generate spaces for them...no wonder pareja has scored more goals this season...

...i have seen all the players do a good job in the past few games and hope they enter la liguilla down low and in last so they can then end with the championship...se vale sonyar, they have the team to do it and they have done it b4...

4. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is very possible if they play like they have been against Chiapas and America. :)

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...it would be important for pumas today to follow the same strategy of using the delanteros to pull man so the back enters and scores and switch players all around so it creates confusion on their D...so far i am not fully convinced of how pumas would react if they lose this one, but it would be interesting to see what happens either way(l/w)...i am not sure this is a tie...

...if pumas wins it would probably be the start of something interesting...

...if they lose, it would mean how fast they can come back on their feet again...either way, it would always be about the "after the fact attitude"

6. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...sweeettt...no Torre De Jaliscooooo!!!!....yeahhhh:)

7. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    :mad: MAIONIII!!!...had it to botero, after leandro stole it

8. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so far it does not look that pumas is attacking as it did on its 2 previous games on the first half...is as if is doing conter since the get go (as it did on the second half of the 2 previous games)...the result, bernal saca una mala definicion de borita...why is pumas doing this? i am not sure...i don't like it, pumas muy atras...

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ....wtf!!!comercials Againnnn....noooo

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ATLANTE perdona a pumas otra vez....wtf?!...c'mon...pumas better get a nice contra...i am not sure if this strategy will pay off...hopefully it does...

11. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    twenty min and atlante juega mejor que pumas...pumas slow on the counter and atlante fast in coming back when going to the front and in for the counters of pumas...pumas better counter faster or just move its lines forward...

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...galavision broadcast suck...now they rewinded the game about 1 min...anyways...what is it with atlante fans and the chapulin's tee, i guess they miss chamagol...

13. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...under this defensive system, salinas does not have any offensive duties as chiapas does...pumas needs more attack on pareja's side...guess inyiguez comes in...maybe cuz botero is out...or even morales

14. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...it is inyiguez...hope for the good...

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...********, nice play by atlante on the counter...our D ********ed up:mad:

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...man, inyinguez sucks...he gots to go

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...nos da el balon el atlante, we better score...

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ..too many crosses from pumas and no tall guy to nail it(palacios)...inyiguez and marioni do not exist in the field...no fast triangulaciones tried by pumas...pumas not precise in passing and fouling...i begin to smell a defeat:mad:

19. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...ok so i guess we will lose this one and my only post comment would be:

memo ********ed up by trowing the team back in the first...by doing this and adding salinas in the back he stopped the support on the attack a men like chiapas brings for pumas so i hope he realized this mistake cost him the game...also marioni, botero, e inyiguez did not do shit...best man in the field for pumas was again bernal, no doubt...knew this was gonna be harder, but i was thinking pumas would go to the attack from the get go and try to score like they did on their previous 2 games and then defend their lead on the second half (so memo did the opposite he's being doing)...it sucks:mad:

hope toluca loses today...

20. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I had work tonight, therefore I didn't watch the game.

Sounds like Memo had a different game plan than the last two games and it didn't work out.

The good thing (very minimal) from this jornada is that Toluca is only one point ahead of us and Culiacan is still two points behind us.

21. BlackComyn

BlackComyn New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Was at the game yesteday so here are a few thoughts for anyone interested.

Firstly Bernal was magnificent and made some WORLD CLASS saves in the first half.

The defence was solid enough but the full backs Salinas and Castro give the ball away far to often when coming forward and continually put the defence under pressure. Beltran is lacking in pace and this doesn't help.

We are over reliant on Leandro in the centre. Galindo has to contribute more going forward. He needs to be more of a penalty box to penalty box player but to often his game stops at the half way line.

Parejita is improving fast and is trying to make things happen. He has a lot of confidence right now but was marked well by Atlante yesterday. His crossing of the ball is DREADFULL and he must practice on this.

Marioni needs a decent forward beside him. I like Botero but feel he should concentrate more on being a partner to Marioni rather than going on his own tangent all the time.

Iniguez is shit.

It is good that we have a settled team playing 4-4-2. Hopefully this defeat wont change that.

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    i agree man...

so you are in mexico living or in vacation?...

i was gonna go down for spring break, since they played in mexico city for an entire month but at the end ended up having ACL cirgury on my right knee and now i have been resting...

it would had been nice being on the game regardless of the result...i love going to the games when down there, especially at CU and Azteca...

23. BlackComyn

BlackComyn New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Living here right now franco, and working as a teacher. This will be my last year unfortunately.

Going to the game tonight against Nacional. Don't expect a big attendence however.

24. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...yeah, hope they pull it off...i trust they will do a nice job tonite and win 2-0 (if he continues with a similar squad like in the mexican league)...

...what are you teaching and where?...

25. BlackComyn

BlackComyn New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Well at least we didn't end up pointless in the tournament.

Teaching European History at a University here.

Here's to a good display against Tigres !