Pumas v America- Prematch analysis and what not

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by DNA, Apr 7, 2006.

1. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Right from the start, were going into this match with all our players and the momentum of a win last week. Americrap is going in without Memo Ochoa, Castro, and Pavel I believe.

Heres an article about Vasquez's thoughts on the game:

http://mirror3.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=17116

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
  3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aguilas prolly going down, without Ochoa, tsk.

Pareja gonna celebrate once again

4. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah but they got the guy on your avatar, we best watch out

5. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...ok let's start from the last game against jaguares...pumas won because:
    • they had a nice and solid squad that played smart and with gutts at almost all times and that played loose (maybe as a sign of what memo told them about just enjoying the game and trying things)
    • in general pumas was well organized and really playing as a team according to the variantes of the game...for example, when someone would leave its position to attack, there was always one who would cover that empty spot therefore allowing the players very much freedom on the offensive...in mostly all the first half, every player tried offensive moves and went forward in pretty much all directions of the field and i hope they do the same today since that leads to confusion in the marking for the defensive team since the team's players are moving all over the field and switching positions...
    • pumas knew how to manage times and cover all the field: 1st half offensive until goal and 2nd half defensive and to the counter after the early goal...they switched playing time from one side to the other and touched the ball without too much crosses or plays that were repetitive...
    • i believe today pumas should start almost identically as in the last game against jaguares...in addition to their lack of goals (which could probably end today), marioni and botero moving ahead jalan marcas and that can benefit players like leandro, galindo, toledo and pareja, and even castro or chiapas as they come from the back and surprise in an entrance in diagonal from the bands or from the center(remember the 1st goal against jaguares as pareja goes in diaganol towards the goal botero and marioni jalan marcas so they open up space for pareja who takes advantage of the confusion in the defense of jaguares)...i think same squad as last sunday should start...it worked well, even the subs looked ok...maybe even bring in picolin as a forward torwards the end in case of a needed goal...
    • caution on america's counter with piojo and kleber in the front and probably irenio and cuau feeding them...other than that we should just take care of ourselves and watch out with their counter as well as in set plays especially near our first quarter of the field...i have a feeling this could really turn into a very disputed game...
    • pumas should win if they play like they did last week 2-0 UNAM...

6. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am so stoked. We're on an upswing with the youngsters adapting themselves to first division, especially morales, and the change of leadership has done us well. It should also be mentioned that America still hasn't risen from its recent trough. We can so win this.

PUMAS.

7. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...YES!!!...same squad as last week...so far, so good....