Pumas Refuerzos

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, May 23, 2006.

1. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Interesting article about our possible last reinforcement, the uruguayan striker Vargas from Gimnasia y Esgrima of Argentina. It also mentions the possible foreign reinforcements for our new Primera A franchise, and the preseason games left:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=460507

2. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
  3. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Re: Reinaldo José da Silva, de 22 años, quien procede del Gremio de Porto Alegre.

Profile of the guy:

Reinaldo
    Position: Forward
    Full Name: Reinaldo José da Silva
    Date of birth: 24 February 1980
    Place of Birth: Pato de Minas (MG)
    Height: 1,81m
    Weight: 82kg
    Previous Clubs: América (MG), Helsingborg (Sweden), Vasco

The 22 year old thing must be a mistake of Record, everybody else says he's 26.

4. CityWokGuy

CityWokGuy New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    CA
    I was just came upon an article where Veron was saying that he's set on being the new captain http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=459737
    I was just wondering is he just saying that he'd like to be captain or is he really the new captain. If he is I'm disappointed because I was sure that Leandro would get it. I'm curious if anyone else has any information.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Re: Reinaldo José da Silva, de 22 años, quien procede del Gremio de Porto Alegre.

Interesting, although I'm not really all that sure about this guy, I mean according to that record he left a Sweedish side to go back to Brazil. Does this seem like a sign of failure to anyone?

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is a shit move.

The guy scored one goal last season.

What the hell kind of gap is Tuca talking about when he says this dude will fill quite right?

I'm guessing it's the Botero role.

9 completo, my ass.

7. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Holy shit, no wonder he went back to Brazil. Why must we get their rejects?

8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

Not that this has anything to do with this case but the Brazilian league is better than the Swedish.

9. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Perhaps he couldn't handle the weather in sweden. It's not as temperate as it is in Brazil

10. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Reinaldo José da Silva, quien procede del Gremio de Porto Alegre con un solo gol

Yeah but if he couldn't handle the Swedish league and had to go back home what does that say about him? And like Hugo pointed out, the guy only scored a goal last season. Defenitely sounds like a shit signing.

11. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You never know.

This guy might be one hell of a goalscorer.

He might have not had enough playing time in Sweden or Brazil, but that doesn't mean he sucks.

We'll just have to wait and see.

12. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I was looking at his stats this year with Gremio, 1 goal in 11 games. It doesn't look to good to me, if he has a good adaptation it might work out, but to be honest most Brazilian strikers have a hard time to adapt.