Pumas Fall to Club America, Torres Servin Fired

Discussion in 'Mexican League: News & Analysis' started by OrdinaryOrangeFan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. OrdinaryOrangeFan

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    My site has pretty stable English language coverage of Pumas and Liga MX. I've been working with the Pumas organization and am hoping to have continuous regular coverage of the Pumas (in English).

With that being said, there are several recent posts - but this is new today.

After last night's embarrassing 4-1 loss to Club America, Pumas fired head coach Antonio Torres Servin.

Here's my latest on the Pumas disastrous season.

http://www.ordinaryorangefan.com/20...a-clasico-capitalino-torres-servin-fired.html

I appreciate you reading. Help spread the word to other Pumas or Liga MX fans. I also cover the Houston Dynamo of MLS.

On Twitter, you can find me @OrangeFanBlog.

Thanks all.

sidspaceman repped this.
  2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job brah

Will follow/10

LGRod repped this.
  3. Cisco92

Cisco92 Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good initiative. I think it's great that Pumas has a site for coverage in English. Maybe you can translate a site on SB nation about Pumas.

I'm an América fan but I think Servín should have not been fired. With all due respect to Pumas, they have one the weakest squad in Liga MX. Servín did what he could with such few resources. The board didn't reinforce the team as they shoud. There's also players that should even be on the squad anymore. Verón for example. Unfortunately he has become too slow and that's a shme considering how he has been a inconic player for UNAM in the past years. But you can't just stop aging. Romagnoli is a player that should not be in the squad anymore. He doesn't really contribute that much to Pumas cause. Hopefully Escamilla takes his place soon. Fernando Espinosa is another player that doesn't ad anything to the table in my opinion. Supposedly he is DM, but he doesn't contain anything neither he destroys the opponet attacks. Much less he is involved in creative plays. He just doesn't bring anything to Pumas play.