Puma Thread [3] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

there's a KL version of it? I'll go have a look at them then. I found some PureChaos on PDS for 150 pounds and they are really tempting me because i've heard so much good stuff about the upper, think you mentioned them before. and really its between that and the vigor 3ds for me.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Here are the K leather blackouts http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...-Firm-Ground-10400307-Puma-Black-154848.aspx?

I like the Purechoas but it won't be as padded as the Vigor KL

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #653 appleCORR7, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    I know they haven't exactly taken the footballing world by storm - but how do the Puma evoTouch fit? I've got the chance to pick up a pair really cheap and I'm kind of intrigued by them. They just look really narrow fitting to me. Any advice?

Cheers,

appleCORR

4. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I couldn't stand them. The felt narrow at some parts and wide in others. I thought they had a bizarre fit. But others probably feel differently.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmm ... I saw some reviews online and one said 'These fit true to size, but go a size up for your socks' lol make your mind up!

I might give them a go. I have to hold my hands up and say I don't really take a great notice of who's wearing what when it comes to Puma boots. But there can't be too many players wearing these because they are quite distinctive. Especially the first release.

appleCORR

6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I will say this though. The leather feels really nice on them!! That's true. Not too many players were wearing them!

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wore these for he first time today (Puma touch) & I kind of get what you are saying. These ended up being a freebie & I probably could have done with going down a size for a the ultimate fit. But I do get what you mean the toe box for example. Super narrow where your toes are and then so wide for the rest of your foot and although my foot feels and is locked down with sock part of the boot the leather to the side has a huge gap that I could stick my finger down. But on the plus side the leather .... WOW! I have played in synthetic boots for so long now that I found all leather boots to feel to thick even the premiers but this leather is just like playing in a synthetic. Puma have got it bang on especially as it just get softer as you play. Also love the sole plate I wore them in a newly laid 4G turf and had no problems with the conical studs.

For me it's Puma being Puma they are a bit behind the game and don't tweek the boots the same happened with the V1.06 (yes I know I'm going back a bit) they basically just dropped the design and came out with something new and just kept the name. I think this boot would be up there with he other popular models IF Puma did some work on it because that leather is amazing I've been converted.

Oh and my last gripe - no boots need a lace a long as the laces that come in this boot. It's a good looking lace but the length is ridiculous & most of it is in my bin. Such a waste!

appleCORR

lattanzio, derbyyank13 and Pangu repped this.
  8. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Man, the new netfit boots look so so bad. The Ones and Evotouches seemed like promising silos, but Puma just seems kind of lost with their modern boot direction. I'm missing the King/evospeed/powercat days.

9. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah the fit is so strange. It makes wonder what the hell they were thinking! The leather is fantastic though and I really think they should keep the leather at least.

Yeah the V1.06 were a high point for Puma for me. Some tweaking would have made them even better.

I don't get why companies feel the need to make laces so long! Keep it short!

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    When that was there line-up was when at my old job we had the worst Puma sales unfortunately. I thought they had a good thing going and they just needed to advertise better. Once they started changing to the newer styles, sales started to pick up. Especially with the evoPowers. But I agree with you. The first evoSpeeds were excellent, with the k leather ones being one of my favourite boots that Puma has made.

newone88 repped this.
  11. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah, I totally get why they would try to switch it up. Nike seemed nuts to kill the t90 and ctr360, but I feel like we're finally seeing a few years of planning come together with their current lineup. All their boots are really good right now. I'm less into what Adidas has done, though I have and love the Purechaos. It just seems like too much change, too quickly with Puma.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'll be honest, I wasn't happy when they killed the T90 but where I worked the sales were dead. And I liked the Laser IVs! The CTR360 could've stayed. They did alright.

Definitely. Puma is just trying to see what works and are doing too much too quickly. But sales have risen somewhat, so I'm sure they will keep doing it.
    I'm a huge fan of brands slimming down their lineups though. I don't like the whole 4 silos thing for any brand. It floods the market.

13. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm generally a fan of brands slimming down silos as well. I was especially happy when adidas cut down their silos, although it didn't last long haha. At the same time I do see the merit in having more than two silos. It just increases the chances of a customer purchasing your product. I mean if you have 4 silos, let's say two of them don't feel comfortable for your foot type, the third you hate the look of, but the fourth checks all the boxes for what you want. You retained a purchase because of the variety of your offerings. That being said, as a customer, I think nike and adidas could easily offer 3 silos. Nike should combine the hypervenom and magista into one silo and adidas should combine the nemesis and x into one, but that my thought on the matter.

As far as puma, I like the idea of combining the two silos into one although I know the elimination of the evo speed wasn't super popular. But here is a case where having two silos can back fire I think. I've tried on the puma one and didn't care for the fit at all. It just felt too long and narrow. I loved past evopowers but the vigors fit isn't the best for my feet either. And today I saw a leak of what they are replacing the evopower line with and I don't care for it; largely because of the stud pattern. Would like to see puma give a modern King another go to give something different yet maybe more simplified in its offering

derbyyank13 repped this.
  14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    for anyone who is interested in puma, they have a big sale on their website through 9/19. use code PUMAFAM17 for 40% off.

15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    It is understandable to have four silos, maybe it works better if they don't release so many colours all of the time. It makes sense though with what you are saying. I also agree that adidas should sit at four silos and as for nike, outside of the Obra the Magista line doesn't sell all that well. Even the Obra itself was beginning to slow down.

Yeah I'm not pleased with what puma are doing. I think for them 3 silos is ok as long as one of those silos is a modern King. Well and the evospeed should have been re-done. The last model nearly killed the series.

Soccerstyle09 repped this.
  16. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I feel like Puma ran out of ideas with the evospeed line. I also think they should have gone back to the drawing board with the evospeed instead of scrapping them.

I agree the amount of colors/"packs" released from all the brands is crazy and makes the market feel over saturated. One thing I do really like that Nike has been doing is that when they release a model it stays on the market for about 18-24 months. Here lately Puma and adidas seem the be launching new models within 10-12 months of each other. I noticed it especially with the Puma one 17.1. I feel like with in a couple of weeks they had some pro players testing the 18.1. I remember thinking "damn, did you make a mistake with the 17.1!?"

Zizou15 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Again.. I agree.

It's ridiculous. There are so many limited editions and colours these days. It's that Nike switched back to doing a long period of time with new models but they were the first ones to go to replacing models every year. Everyone should be on a two year plan at least. But seriously, I remember when it was a huge deal for a new colour to come out for some shoes, like say, the Predator. One new colour every six to eight months. Now it is beyond stupid.

vanjory and Pangu repped this.
  18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Why take away a good thing, Puma? I doubt these next-generation of boots will not match the quality of the Vigor 1 (and the evoPOWERs 1.2 and 1.3).

789795A8-D110-4B8B-A197-9ED975443652.jpeg

Been tempted several times to try out the One 17.1 because I think it’s good but not good enough.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    What do you guys think about the new Puma Future?
    I never tried the Puma lacing system.
    I wonder how durable the honeycomb lacing system is. One of my biggest complaints about Puma the past few years is quality. If you get cleated hard or just somehow rip one or two of these holes, would it compromise the whole lacing structure?
    Very curious about these. To be honest, they don't look like proper cleats but I guess this how the industry is going these days.

upload_2017-11-15_21-29-5.png

20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The samples didn't feel that bad and I do like the idea of an adjustable lacing system but this isn't really the way I personally wanted them to go a different direction but then again I don't get paid thousands of dollars to design boots. Puma just doesn't seem to have an identity these days.

newone88 repped this.
  21. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think it is an excellent idea but i worry that it may not be excuted into a great shoe that meets today’s standard/expectations of weight and upper softness. Granted i have not seen or held them in person so they may feel excellent in hand or on feet. Hopefully the netfit system is durable otherwise it could be a huge failing in the boot.

I have always wanted to try pumas netfit running shoes but never pulled the trigger. They generally get favorable reviews although I’ve seen some people just stick with the traditional lace style. Unisport webtv did have a video with a pair of future 18s but it was taken down

derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have to say I'm excited for these actually. But I agree I think the other big brands have pushed Puma out and they are struggling to come up with something different. It always seems to be the final execution with Puma as if they just needed to pay that little bit more attention to detail and then the product would be perfect. Maybe this is the boot that will finally make big waves for them.

appleCORR

derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry for the double post but does anyone know how much the Futures will be?

appleCORR

24. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Official press release only says they will be "commercially sold in 2018." I see soccer.com has an indoor version out already for $99.99 U.S., so if that translates to outdoor they might not be as much as whatever Nike and Adidas are charging these days for the top models.

I like the practical marketing of this boot, which actually focuses on fit. Although the finished product pretty much just looks like a Magista, so I'm not sure I see this boot taking off as it's own thing.

25. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    JayMike mentioned 200€, so maybe between $200-225 American?