Puma Thread [3] - all questions, pictures, boots here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 8, 2015.

1. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take a US 11 in the Copa Mundial and a US 12 in the King Top Di. I found them to be fairly similar width wise and the King slightly shorter in length. The Puma Lite leather is not nearly as nice as the Pittards or K leather they used to use...if you go for the King you might want to look at their K leather limited editions.

PZboots repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are the Evospeed 1.4 the top of the range boot?
    My friend is interested in getting a pair but he doesn't want a lower end version.

Thanks!

appleCORR

4. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes...

appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks - don't really know very much about Puma boots as I haven't worn them for years and year the last pair I had were a pair of cream and black Puma kings back in the day.

appleCORR

serginhobertholi repped this.
  6. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Purchased a previous colorway of the Evospeed off Amazon for less than USD36 incl. shipping to my country, what a steal! Idk why though on Amazon they labelled this as a skateboard shoe :rolleyes::eek:

FullSizeRenderS.jpg

gusgorman repped this.
  7. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Anyone had puma ones on feet? How do they compare fit wise to the vigors?

8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah. For me they fit just slightly narrower than the vigors. But they are leather and its pretty soft leather too so I expect some stretching width-wise. Unless its changed from the samples (which is always a possibility!) but I do true to size in both.

Corkin23 repped this.
  9. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    What good things can you even say about the Puma One? A calf leather upper when k leather is the norm, a soleplate that is nothing special, and a synthetic heel that is also unremarkable.

10. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    The top model has k-leather. Taurus is in the takedowns, and the lowest model has synthetic (not the adap-lite, just some crappy synth leather).

I myself find them appealing. Especially in the new black colorway.
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/03/black-puma-one-2017-2018-boots.html

It may be a gem for a leather loving players, especially when Adidas dropped L versions of their top silos, and Nike is turning their Tiempo into something that loses all the virtues of a leather boot.
    Also, what is worth noticing, Puma ONE is very reasonably priced compared to other brand's top models.

I will definitely give them a chance.

Jaxinho repped this.
  11. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    17.1 is calf
    17.2 is "premium" leather
    17.3 is full grain
    17.4 is synthetic leather

12. Coeur

Coeur Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
  13. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hello!
    As is usual here, I will inform you where the information I publish here comes from, after being published in my Blog, www.sochuteiras.com
    Typically, the information comes from official catalogs, as well as websites from the manufacturers itselves.
    How couldn't be different this time, below my sources:

1 (1024x594).jpg

2.png 17.3
    http://au.puma.com/men-s-one-17-3-fg-football-boots.html

4.png
    Sometimes, may the info be different, in differents catalogs...
    Maybe Chris (from FH) has a different catalog than me, but this is the information that I have...
    FH is a great website, I know his owner, but, like me, he don't owns all the truth...

jayc23, Coeur and derbyyank13 repped this.
  14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

interesting though, typically their 'premium' leather is just treated calf skin. o_O

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think so...

16. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone have the Puma V1.06 at any point? Can you tell me if how they run sizing wise?
    @appleCORR7 I know you own a few pairs but also know that you always get size 6 regardless lol

Thanks!

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I had them back in the day. A lot of people went half a size up but I always went true to size.

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Any thoughts on the latest Dybala photo of him holding a blackout pair of Puma Ones? I haven't had the chance to try any Puma boot but the simplicity of the One 17.1 is tempting me. And of course the Vigor 1!

19. Sheux_v02

Sheux_v02 New Member

Real Madrid
    Poland
    Jul 22, 2017
    He's gonna sign for adidas anyways though, I don't find One's a good boots for attacking minded players. But You know, everything can happen. If he would eventually sign for Puma it would be a huge marketing boost for them. And i would happy for them tbh, great brand, evopower vigor's best boots on the market right now IMO.

20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    anyone has got the Vigor 3D's? Any comments abut it, especially on the fit. Unisport has got them in my size and a fairly generous discount so thinking of getting them to try out. thing is that the Evopower series have never been kind on my foot shape, and i've always felt pretty annoyed by the toebox on my last toe after around an hour in it. I'm thinking the thin synthetic material might help, but if its a little more rounded this time round it'll definitely make things easier.

21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I tried them on when I was shown samples. Really nice but personally prefer the Vigor 1s...

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    hmm.. might i ask why? also, how does the sock feel vs the your nike/adidas ones. Unisport have been going on and on about how awesome the sock is so i'm really thinking about it

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I can't stand mid/high-cut boots. I like having lower cut boots. I don't like the Ace Primeknits or Purecontrols and I hate the nike collared boots. So if you like them you might like the Vigor 3D. They are a somewhat similar height to the Ace.

24. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ah fair enough. I'm alright with them, slightly like them if i'm playing in a CM or CB role, and also because it keeps out the AG crumbs that really really annoy me.

Does the upper feel almost too soft and too barefoot like? I kind of like a slightly padded upper and from what i've felt the normal vigors are like totally barefoot like which is why i haven't quite considered them.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    That would a be a good reason to use the collar then!

Not completely but they are not that padded, at least from what I remember.
    I know you want a collar but have you tried the Vigor KL?

jayc23 repped this.