PUMA® launches new national team kit

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Ferdosi, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

PUMA® today unveiled its new 2006 Saudi Arabia National Football Team playing kit.

Designed to 'get the players to the ball faster', the state of the art v1.06 Saudi Arabia shirt introduces a revolutionary lightweight proposition with an out and out focus on aerodynamic advantages and comfort.

'It's a very exciting time for PUMA Middle East as we have all been eagerly waiting to catch the 1st glimpse of the new playing kits of the Saudi Arabian National Team. PUMA's v1.06 products have been meticulously designed to complement the skills of the player and we at PUMA Middle East are particularly proud to see them on the Saudi Arabian National Team in action,' said Oliver Wirth, General Manager of PUMA Middle East.

In line with its 'gets you there faster' design objective, the v1.06 Saudi Arabia shirt uses a brand new tear resistant woven fabric developed in collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, resulting in an extreme lightweight solution irrespective of weather or body condition. The Saudi Arabian Federation badge included, the shirt weighs as little as 100g, still providing the required moisture wicking properties demanded by players in the top flight.

The v1.06 shirt utilizes the Kold Fusion technology providing a stitch-less alternative to traditional cut and sewn shirts by welding together the fabric to form an incredible strong, light and durable molecular bond.

The new v1.06 shirt is engineered to support players in their stride. A slim fit cut with very limited stretch prevents shirt grabbing while an ergonomically placed mesh insert across the back boosts freedom of movement. A raised front collar prevents wind from entering the shirt reducing drag.

The progressive minimalist design results in a modern and unique silhouette. As a complement, a country specific graphic print, a distinctive PUMA Pace font for lettering and numbering as well as a specially developed heat-transfer federation badge have been incorporated to evoke a striking presence on the field.

In an effort to honour and stress the individuality of each contracted national team, PUMA has designed a new graphic treatment iconic to each country. The Saudi Arabian shirt features a tonal print revealing the national emblem - a palm tree with crossed swords. The new Saudi Arabian v1.06 licensed apparel training line and equipment offering further supports the playing kit.

The new Saudi Arabian kit will be worn for the first time on January 25th for the team's friendly match at home to Greece ahead of this year's FIFA World Cup. Replica's of the new Saudi Arabian home shirt will be available for sale at trade as of April 2006.

http://www.ameinfo.com/76245.html

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
  3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What happened to the simple t-shirts? I hope it helps the players perform better, not just bullsh!t!

4. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cmon man, you think a shirt is gonna make players better??? Put $500 shirts on the Maldives NT and theyre gonna do better???

5. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Hey,

Who can stand against us now with our heat resistant drag reducing welded non stitch ergonomically placed multi-task apparatus mesh galactic T-shirt?

Brazil, we will meet you in the final and you shall be fvcked. Unless Brazil are wearing heat resistant drag reducing welded non stitch ergonomically placed multi-task apparatus mesh galactic T-shirt? LOL

Crap, does all this crap go into the making of a T-shirt? I thought the article was describing some kind of a Centrifugal Pump!!

Anyways, let's focus on tactics and players instead of this bull crap.

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Not bad. Better than those ugly striped shirts we used in qualifiers.

7. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I actually liked those.

8. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

agreed, the new jersey for Saudi Arabia looks awesome, but i dont think itll help the players much, EXCEPT for heat conditions when players get fatigued, i dont think they want a player to die while playing (forgot what country he was from, but ill take a wild guess, i think he was from Cameroon, my bad if i was wrong)

9. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, his name was Marc Viven Foe RIP,
    Acctually these jerseys look amazing. Those striped ones looked nasty and its good that they linked up with one brand. Not just wear Adidas one game and Umbro the next.

10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    looks really nice...

lucky bastards.

11. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well, look at what it said! It should help a bit. :D

12. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I KIND OF LIKE THE T-SHIRTS.........MUST HAVE CAUSED A LOT OF MONEY..................... AND IS THAT A FALCON ON THE T-SHIRT????????????NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

13. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it dont look like a falcon, looks more like a palm tree.

14. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    It's the Saudi national emblem.
    A palm tree and two crossed swords.

15. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeh, thats really nice, hope they play as good as they look.:cool:

16. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that these Puma shirts are the nicest ones out, and sooooooo many teams are wearing em now, I think Puma is going to have the most Jerseys at the WC.

17. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    Does anyone have a bigger image...?

18. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    [​IMG]

19. dalianho

dalianho New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Toronto-CDN
    they look pretty nice
    PUMA makes great kits...nice and simple , which is the way it ought to be

what happended to the adidas ones?

20. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the barely visable palm watermark is a really nice touch of class.

21. Sharkie

Sharkie Member

Feb 7, 2006
    UK and Arabia
    Here you go there finally starting to sell these now
    [​IMG]
    :D

22. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

is this available at big soccer because i would like to buy one..............

How much is it in saudi arabia, probably ill ask my dad to bring one when he comes to canada;)

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been toying with which of the new Puma line to purchase, and I like the Saudi Arabia shirt best. I'll be getting one.

Others with the similar theme (different sublimated image): Senegal (a tree - I can never quite get this one!), Switzerland (the cross from the national flagflag), Togo (a hawk), Ghana (stars, as in Black Stars the team nickname and an image on the national flag), Czech Republic (the lions from the national crest), Ivory Cost (elephant), Cameroon (lion), Austria (the bird from the crest), Bulgaria (something from the national crest), and Paraguay, whose design excapes me. Angola is also a Puma jersey but will not have the sublimated design. Maybe some others I've forgotten. Oh - Poland as well (eagle I think)

Out of these, Saudi Arabia is best, and I'll be buying!

24. Spinoza99

Spinoza99 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    London, UK
    i know late comment but real good jersey i will order soon:)