Puertorican soccer - partII

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Intru, Jul 19, 2008.

1. powerplay

powerplay New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    That Miquelon team is a joke in the tournament

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    What Miquelon team ???

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    You mean Danny Irizarry? The US born puerto rican that use to play for Ohio State?

Theres a bunch of PRSL players in the squad Eloy, Joan, Saito, Cabrero, Villegas, Mime, Elliot y Gadiel. More important is to get Chris Megaloudis and Joshua Villalobos out of does amateur teams they play in and into a PRSL squad.

4. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lynch's FC and the Pancyprian-Freedoms are two of the best amateur teams in America. It would be hard to tell, but they are probably either just as good as or even better than the PRSL teams.
    Although, in the interest of growing the local league, yes getting them to play there would be a good thing.

5. msrios77

msrios77 New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico beat Anguilla 3-1 in their first game of the Caribbean Cup :D

6. randombpt

randombpt New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Waterbury
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    No I mean harry Irizarry, midfielder for River Plate PR. And Villegas is natunalized. And I agree we need to get Megaloudis and Villalobos into a Profesional squad. And Let's go Puerto Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaheQ0qN4PA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Copa Digicel 2010: Puerto Rico 3-1 Anguila 10-2-10[/ame]

8. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  9. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Does anyone know if those jerseys that Puerto Rico are using are for sale?

10. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Yes, but only in the PR Islanders store here in PR. Don't think you'll be able to find them online anywhere. They sell them in red,white, and blue.

11. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Great vid on the growth of soccer in the island:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuilAAXSmLY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Futbol en Puerto Rico - Republica Deportiva[/ame]

12. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone,

Just one thing to point out for October 20: so on that day, Puerto Rico's NT will take on Guadeloupe in Grenada. Also on October 20: the Islanders play for all the marbles in their CCL group when they take on Olimpia in Honduras. Anyone have an idea which match Clarke will prioritize? Assuming that cloning Delgado and co. is off the table. ;)

13. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    ccl, 100%.

14. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    New Puerto Rico national football shield:

[​IMG]

15. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Clarke is deinatly going for the CCL spot. So I dont expect any Islanders in the nat team until after the Olimpia game. But I think that the rest of the squad can get a good result.

Also to think about is will Boss be available for that match, SOunders have games on the 19th and the 23rd. the game on the 19th is against Saprissa and since they already out of the running for the CCL Sounders will probably want to use Boss to save up Keller for the playoffs.

16. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Oh aperently the game is on the 22nd so theres not gona be any problem, we should have our starting line up out there Velez, Rivera, Krause, Arrieta, Martines, Hansen, Villega, Noah, Cabrero, Mega and Boss! LOL Islanders 2008???

17. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    What happen to Bayamon FC? I didn't see them listed on the website nor are they listed as the current teams for 2010 on the Wikipedia page. However the video from Republica Deportiva clearly shows their jersey at the bar when they switch back the host.

18. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    easy... they failed to register for the Super Copa... they won't be able to participate because of they're own negligence. They will be able to sign up with the league on February though.

19. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puerto Rico get St Vincent in the next group round.
    St Vincent tied on five points with Barbados, and St Kitts, advancing on goal differencial.

20. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    Thanks, thats pretty funny considering what they achieved in the CFU Cup and winning the playoffs. You can't neglect the small stuff people. I feel for their players because they want be playing which I assume means no pay. I wonder if this will preclude them from playing in the CFU next spring?

21. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    If they don't play the Super Copa... they can't qualify for the CFU next Spring...

22. soccerNJ

soccerNJ Member

Jul 26, 2004
    thanks buddy

23. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Indeed it will, and it sucks for them because they are a preety decent team for PR standards and they have a great president a great coach as well.

24. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Careful there.... Intru and some others might cause an uproar becuase of:

25. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    Financially this is going to hurt a lot, playing wise this is going to hurt the players and team a lot, and for the PRSL this is hurts. I was hoping Bayamon FC could break through the CFU and get into the CCL. From all appearances they look like a well organized professional operation. I watched some of their videos on YouTube today and thought they looked well ran. But like I said earlier you have to pay attention to the little details. Its a lesson for them and all the teams in PRSL which unfortunately they found out the hard way. As to the future if they can recover from this I imagine a nice little rivalry between Bayamon FC and the Islanders if the FPF ever hold a Cup competition or theses two meet in the CFU which is likely to happen at some point. A nice rivalry would be very good for Puerto Rican soccer.