Puertorican soccer - partII

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Intru, Jul 19, 2008.

1. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    YOu need a passport if you're not an American Citizen.

2. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I'm not an American Citizen, and I flew to and from Puerto Rico on a drivers license.
    Best to call and find out first, but in November, they didn't ask to see mine...only my drivers license.

3. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    People we are talking about a US territory. You don't need no stupid passport to go to another part of the US. Your drivers license is strictly for airline security procedures. You might want to do some research on the island before you go trying out for the clubs. I mean its better to know where you are going before you get there.

4. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks. Im already talking to a couple of the clubs like Guaynabo fluminense so I just wanted to make sure I didnt need a passport just my license.

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    El FLU jaja I got a body that a foward there. Aslong as you can speak some spanish and know where not to go you will be fine.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hows Guayama? I might be heading there soon.

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Guayama safety wise? Its a rural town about 30 min from Ponce, pretty calm down there y have a cousin that use to live there. Most of the "Isla" which is what we call places outside the metro area is safe, especially the south. Actually I find most of the south part of the Island pretty boring jeje. As long as you dont talk down the "Brujos" you will be fine jajajaja

Before you think they have wizards down there, the Brujos are the towns sport teams in volleyball and bascketball.

8. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks, yeah Im mexican so I'll have no prob with the language.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How is it for work? lifestyle? any good beaches close by?

My girlfriend's family is from there and she said she could get me a job in construction down there to start and later I could pursue a hotel job down there since I'm studying hotel management and she told me I could find a hotel job since I speak English.

I was considering giving it atleast 1 year and see how it works out just to get away from the mess of NYC for awhile. :eek:

PS: I really did think you meant actual brujos :eek:

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    If I remember correctly beaches in Guayama are not that good they have pretty strong currents. Theres not that many good beaches on the south, you coul go to the Balnario de punta guilarte in Arroy, Maunabo may have one, Playa Santa is great down in Guanica, theres also Boqueron and Playa Sucia in Cabo Rojo. But COnsidering it dosnt take more than two or three our to get anywere in the Island outside the metro area you could go to any beach you want.

Lifestyle well I dont know im a San Juanero y am not familiar with the lifestyles of people from la isla that much. Guayama has a very small town kind of feel to it. Work wise I cant tell you much since im not from down there at all.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I have a friend who's from Guayama but now lives in San Juan. I always make fun of her calling her a campesina and whatnot. But really most people from that area just hang out in Ponce which is like the San Juan of the south and it's a short car ride away. It has good nightlife and places to go and all that.

The Ponce Hilton is also there so if you're looking for a job in hotels you can check there.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Where Fluminense play is very close to my dad's house and I grew up around Guaynabo so if you have any questions about the area and whatnot just ask. It's a nice town that has the highest per capita income in the island.

A friend of mine is just starting with them as well. Good luck.

13. skipr

skipr New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Carolina, PR
    ATTENTION ALL ISLANDERS FANS RESIDING IN PR!!!

on tuesday march 10th, Collin "The General" Clarke will have a conference based at the JRL grounds. Beginning at 10:00 AM local will be for the news media.

SHORTLY AFTER AT 11:00 am LOCAL TIME, he will have an open round for all the fans that attend where he will answer your questions. At 11:00am is for the fans! Support this and join in if you can, support our team and the effort made by our GM. Take advantage and get there with any questions you might have...

14. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Well actually... Flu is going ot play in el Escambron which is in San Juan for a year, until Guaynabo gets the funds to build a new soccer specific stadium for el Flu.

15. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Anyone who watches Fox Football Fone-In, they'll be discussing the Puerto Rico Islanders tonight. They'll also be joined by Colin Clarke.

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  17. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Hey Guys if you want to see some of the best Prospects of Puerto Rican Soccer you can tune in tommorow at 10 to watch them play at an High School Indoor tourney...

18. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Y que pasó con los hermanos boricas? Se perdieron ahora que empezó la PRSL?

19. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    No... were here... btw... if anyone is interested... FBTV is transmiting the River Plate home games free of charge for viewers. And soon Sevilla FC home games too ;)

20. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anoche en la Copa de Canada, que decide que equipo de este país jugará la CONCACAF el Montreal Whitecaps derrotó al Montreal Impact 1:0. Eduado Sebranco estuvo en el terreno de juego por el Impact, el cubano tuvo una noche desafortunada y un falla suya propició el gol de Montreal y hacía los finales un remate suyo fue detenido por el portero en lo que hubiese podido ser el gol del empate

21. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    Arregle tu post.

22. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Gracias

23. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    ---------------------------JJ---PTS
    Sevilla FC Puerto Rico-----03---09
    Ponce River Plate---------02---06
    Atletico San Juan---------02---06
    Bayamon FC--------------03---06
    Gigantes Carolina---------02---03
    Acad. Quintana-----------02---00
    Guaynabo Fluminense-----02---00
    Huracan Caguas----------02---00
    Tornados Humacao-------02---00

As of the end of the second round.

24. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Para los que no lo sepan partidos de la PRSL pueden ser vistos en vivo por internet en www.futbolboricua.net... (ultima vez que pongo el link) (Last Time I place the link)

25. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States