public parks should be full of grass soccer fields,hard courts/multi-use courts shared w basketball,

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Olo2317, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Olo2317

Olo2317 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    public parks should be full of grass soccer fields,hard courts/multi-use courts shared w basketball,tennis #multiusecourts

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes it should be. Soccer is not just for rich kids. Most of soccer legends come from poor background. Instead of charging people to play in a grass field near parks we should encourage people to play there by making it free for all.

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are "we" going to accomplish that?

4. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Have to have people that actually want to use the facilities. I live around a bunch of soccer fields that are open for public use, and never see them used for pickup soccer. Golf, batting practice, Frisbee, football tossing, dog walking, model airplane flying, yes. Soccer, no, outside of organized youth games.

Chesco United repped this.
  5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In my neighborhood it is hard to find an actual soccer field for free.

Chesco United repped this.
  6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Around here the local clubs have a lot of control over ostensibly public parks. Park rangers routinely chase kids and young adults off the fields when they play pickup without a permit.

In fairness, it's usually the clubs who maintain and pay for the fields so I'm not trying to demonize them, just noting that the arrangement my County has mitigates against allowing pickup play.