PSV Eindhoven 2012/2013=The Red/White Army

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I couldn't believe that all the main competitors within the Dutch Eredivisie weren't represented with their own new thread for the current season both domestic and in Europe.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=ned/news/newsid=1845077.html

After a minor hiccup the first week, the team has turned it around with 2 league victories along with a solid first leg victory in the playoff round of the Europa League.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Nice goal by Depay! Got lucky bounces, but his dribbling and finishing were well-taken. I was surprised that he subbed in before Wijnaldum (who eventually came into the game for last few minutes). Glad that Depay responded well to the call. I thought Strootman had a solid game, too. Very active and had a lot of appetites in going forward. It will be interesting to see his progress now that Van Bommel is playing alongside and mentoring him.

Aztattooedsean777 repped this.
  3. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    On a side note, this is form 10/15/11, I was there for the Bloodshed festival and luckily PSV were at home that weekend so I was part of the March of Madness on way to the match

4. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

well said!

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Why in god's name did PSV buy Narsingh is what I wonder about.

Orange14 repped this.
  6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I see van Bommel is on his way to receiving a Yellow card every match! I wonder what the league record is for Yellow cards.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it's 12. Set by Guy Ramos last season. He already has 2 yellows and a red this season as well. Van Bommel got screwed with his yellow btw. But let's just call that karma.

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How so?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    They already had plenty of quality forwards and now even Advocaat prefers Depay over him.

10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Of course, it's way too early to tell, but from what I've seen in the last 2 PSV matches, Narsingh looks pretty ineffective without an obvious target man like Dost. Lens and Mertens seemed to drift too much to the side, creating a large hole in central position. Matavz might be a better choice for crossing targets, but he's slow and somewhat stiff. Hopefully it's just a matter of developing chemistry and understanding for LN to make an impact.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Quite frankly he would have been better off coming to Ajax but that's now water under the bridge.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

I am not sure. Narsingh came in for Matavz and Lens probably moved to striker position. This is weird as Narsingh needs exactly a striker like Matvz to deliver his assists on. So this is weird on Advocaat's behalf. Then Dapay came in for Mertens on the right. This looks like a competing duo. Depay even said that he didn't thought his competitors were any better than him. Looks like Depay with an ego bigger then the Big Ben is turning on the heat. Then Wijnaldum came on for Lens. Was Ola put in striker position and Wijnaldum on 10? That's my guess, have not see the second half. People can drop by and shed some light.

So yeah, Advocaat has a top sport climate in attack and can keep everybody sharp. Last season second half we saw PSV players that did well in the first half drop significantly in quality. The solution for this problem is to let players know they will be dropped the moment they start to relax or even implode. I think PSV wants to win the championship really bad and a way to do this, is having more options on the bench. Advocaat's job is to keep them hungry and engaged, rather than becoming careless and cynical. If anybody has the ability to read eye's, then people would have seen Narsingh was beyond angry. Let's watch him reacting to this situation and how he deals with it.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yup, these are all correct. When Narsingh came on, Lens moved to the center. Narsingh had a couple nice runs, nutmegged his defender to the by line, but he didn't have outlet to deliver his crosses, and forced to retreat. Then, Depay subbed in for Mertens, who was limping off. Like I said previously, I was surprised Depay came on (and not Wijnaldum). Wijnaldum came in the dying minutes for Lens, and he seemed to play in wherever space allowed him to play. He had a half-chance opportunity, which he should have at least made the keeper works, but instead his shot went high (not too far, though).

I hope PSV would cash in on Ola this summer. This will be best scenario for Wijnaldum. He can slot in playing as an attacking midfielder (instead of fighting for a spot playing as winger).

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    If they wanted to win the league really bad they would have invested in defenders. Signing Narsingh seems to me very much a chest beating exercise directed at the likes of Ajax. While I have nothing but respect for Advocaat who's a quality coach I very much have my doubts about the people in control of PSV right now. And I also think Narsingh would've been better off staying at Heerenveen.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    There's no way in hell they can even begin to afford Ola John.. The Portuguese have slapped a massive minimum transfer fee on him as part of his contract.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We can both agree on that maybe, but it doesn't mean that them taking another route means they don't really want to win the league and exploring the max of that path. I can only read their moves in the way I painted the picture. This year PSV múst win the league and their route to do that is by equipping the coach with multiple attacking options for reasons I have given. If they don't sell Matavz to Benfica then it would even drive the point home even more IMO. However we will see that soon enough.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    To follow up on that last point of mine. I would love PSV to sell Matavz and give Locadia a chance.
    :thumbsup:

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I meant, PSV to sell Ola Toivonen to give ways to Wijnaldum (and other Dutch youngsters). Nothing to do with the other Ola.. Ola John. :p

EDIT: Oops, just saw a response from DBR, too, on this.

20. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    does anyone know of any link to psv eindhoven forums? It would be nice if there was an english speaking part of it but with google chrome, anything can be translated. :)

21. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    and very cool to see people from all over the Dutch threads come to participate in this thread.

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Psv.netwerk.to

Same goes for ajax and feyenoord.

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ajaxtalk.nl probably more convenient for Sean. It's where Orange14, Aveslacker, Blind3, Kowalczyk, cdnajaxfan etc. hang out.

24. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that is for when I want to find Ajax information. I was looking for PSV Eindhoven based forums.

I have found 2 at forum.psv.nl and psv.netwerk.to/forums

25. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The PSV vs AZ match will be broadcast on ESPN Deportes as the 2nd match of a back to back to back Dutch football coverage on that channel this Sunday. The matches begin at 6:25am EST. The PSV vs AZ is at 8:25.