PSG x REAL MADRID | UCL Ro16 2nd Leg | 06.03.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lots and lots of EPL and farca fanboys out there, don’t ever doubt it

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I got the fun part. The atmosphere was actually great, unless they do not burn down the stadium.

3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All these Pretenders trying to take down the king. The last two years, both Man City and PSG were shown up in the CL who owns this b**ch.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I've been shitting on Zidane all season and rightly so but he sure showed me up on Tuesday. Phenomenal testicular fortitude to play lucas-kova-case-asensio midfield in the biggest match of the season. Sure he was almost forced into the decision with the lack of fitness of kroos and modric but to also bench bale and Isco...just massive cojones.

A few of us here have been saying for a while that a flat 4-4-2 would be perfect for this team and the evidence has been there in those matches where we used that formation (sevilla). Finally Zidane has stopped being so stubborn and has changed things. This is what we have all been screaming about all season. He acted, he changed things instead of his usual "it will all sort itself out" approach. I have no idea why he leaves it till now with the league completely finished though.

It was incredibly satisfying again to see players like Asensio and Lucas completely outshine Mbappe. Florentino's cheap genius purchases have worked wonders in his second stint.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We are a tournament team. Over 2 legs, I don't see anyone beating us

We just have to worry about the final and our experience always comes through there

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That's just talks.

I don't think our team is better than last year. Actually I think we are worse.

We have less options, and we rely even more on Ron.

Anything can happen. Ron can get injured for example.

People should not dismiss our state in La Liga. We didn't do worse because of "bad luck", but because we have more holes in our armor than last year.

And while we got worse, some clubs like City got better.

While I was very confident against PSG because contrary to many of you, I actually watched their games, I also watch Farca games, Bayern games, and City games, and in my honest opinion, we will have more troubles to retain the crown this year than last.

My confidence against PSG weren't based on guts feeling, but facts. Behind that Neymar/Mbappe curtain, they were so crippled that I was sure they would not stand a chance against any big clubs in CL. But Farca, and City are an entire different story.

So just to say, if we meet Donesk/Roma next round while Farca draws City, I won't cry a river. Even a double champion should not spit on some lucky draw.

Deep Pal and papak repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We didn't lose the league because of bad luck, we lost because of poor tactics and form from our players.

But when we are at our best, I take my chances vs Barcelona and city

8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. Even at our best, we're not as good as we were last year, but certainly good enough (and maybe even the favorite) to retain the crown.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We are overdependent(rather solely dependent) on Ronaldo for goals. Starting Lucas or Asensio when midfielders are back will at least ensure he will get better service. Let Benz come from the bench.

Deep Pal, temesgen and Digital repped this.
  10. papak

papak Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 7, 2018
    My thoughts exactly. This team is not better than last year. But why?

Because this team lacks game changers from the bench. Do you remember how many times Morata scored a crucial goal and how many times James assisted or scored after coming off the bench? I can't remember exactly how many matches Real turned around in 80+, but I remember at least 3 matches (Betis at home, Depor at home, Villareal away) when Real were behind and made a comeback in last 10 minutes or so. This makes up a total of 6 points deficit if Real drew those matches. Without those points, Real wouldn't have won La Liga last season. Subs made HUGE impact in the last season. And they're missing in this season which have impact on the league table.

Who Zidane subbed in when things went wrong this season? Vazquez? Majoral? Theo Hernandez? These guys can be squad players but aren't game changers. And that's a big if not the biggest reason that Real couldn't turn many matches in La Liga around in this season. And that's why I just don't see Real winning the CL this season.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Not that its a big deal or anything but I've noticed this on many occasions. When it was Barcelona or heaven forbid an English team the word "champions" would come out after every sentence. I am sure you all remember the couple of seasons when the "best team in history" (Barcelona) were relevant.

I've literally heard fans of EPL teams say that we had some sort of pact with the devil last season and it was the luckiest CL win in history. Same was told to me by an Arsenal fan at a dinner to my face after La Decima win. I mean............. I didn't even know what to say to him so I just politely smiled and walked away. Then people get surprised when we hate on English teams and media. We are literally the most hated team. When we do well we are hated. When we do poorly we are openly mocked. We all watch a lot of football on TV on many different TV channels in many different countries. At least I have. I have difficulty remembering ONE analyst or commentator being "pro Madrid" in an open way. Honestly. Jesus even sometimes our own former players turn on us (example Macca in the Undecima season). Reminds me of the old NWA lyric about the black cop "showing off" in front of the white cop. Everywhere you turn there is such ignorance and its so loud that you can't ignore it.

/rant

Chinky24, Deep Pal, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's a complete double standard, maybe it's an English thing in part bc of Ronaldo went to Spain but the narrative always seems to evolve: Madrid buys trophies, then English teams spend hundreds of millions and it's Madrid got a dodgy decision or Madrid was lucky.

I really don't care anymore, when I see Marcelo fake contact I don't like it but first of all he doesn't usually get the call and neither does Ronaldo btw and second the most egregious cheating in CL has been with barca and if the commentators do discuss their antics they simply say it's part of the game.

Shay Z repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's jealousy. It has nothing to do with anything we've actually done. We didn't elicit this response in any form or fashion.

There is a thing called having too much, being too successful, looking too good, etc..

When you do people desire schadenfreude from failures, mishaps.. literally any bad fortune. They will use any kind of "explanation" whether true or false to support their feeling.

It's why people hate Real Madrid so much. Remember when the claim was "Franco!"; yet these same fan rooted for Franco's actual club atletico Madrid. It's why people hate Cristiano. It's one thing to look good. However look good and be wealthy and be tops in your profession and be a confident extrovert (not faking humility)? Unthinkable! Unacceptable! He isn't the best! He is a penaldo! He uses gel! messi!!!!

It is what it is.

I learned a long time ago, most people don't want you successful. They rather hear you complain about how things are bad then hear about how great your life is going.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we would have lost at home against Basel, qualifying or not, the entire forum would go into a state of mass panic and paranoia.

15. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #765 Ayayain, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    There's already mass panic, and paranoia because of our many bad games we had so far. Like in La Liga, la CdR, or against Tottenham while we have people here talking about them as if they were turds while completely ignoring our performances against them.

And the same is still true so far because many people act as if we won our third CL when we beat PSG. AS, and MARCA are horrible on that. Our press is in another world right now as if "everything is fine we beat PSG". But it was only 1/8 Finals, and they completely forget it.

I listened to Hermel last night, and I wonder if that idiot has a brain. After all the stupid things he says boasting everywhere, if we lose next round in CL while still aiming for 4th in La Liga, I wonder what he will say but we'll sure look like clowns because of this moron.

Do Not Count One's Chickens Before They Are Hatched, that's all I'll say.

People thinking everything is fine (not you) just because we beat PSG might be in for a colossal disappointment.

In the horrible season we have right now, we're NOT saved. We're still in life support till we eventually win a third CL. If we don't, this season will be marked as a very big failure, and rightly so.

papak repped this.
  16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No one is acting like we won our 3rd CL, and things aren’t magically fine. But we’re rightly confident that we have a real shot at pulling off the three-peat after a torrid first half of the season because the team is finding a different gear and playing better and it shows.

Don’t over-read this shit.

17. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With CL qualification now almost guaranteed with 12 points difference with 5th and almost likewise difference with first, we can rest our key players for La Liga games.

However with that being said, if we are to face Manchester City who have all but wrapped up the EPL, they could also afford resting players in the league game, plus they have the depth which we lost this season (in certain areas).

Unfortunately given we have an aging core, the CL might be more suited to our team. Marcelo, Ramos, Modric and Cristiano are all in their 30s and can't play consistently for 60 games a season anymore plus internationals.

We need that new #9 or forward desperately. I don't care if its Mariano next season until a new super talent arises.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  19. CristianoQuaresma

Jun 14, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have disagreed on a few things recently but this post is gold!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

20. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every time I meet someone who talks soccer, they ask and I say Real Madrid (since I was a wee boy and have been to IRL games), and there's this look on their face like I'm a representative of pure evil. We buy players and are rich and successful, so of course I don't stand up for the underdog or have to worry about whether we are relegated and lose players, so what? There's so many Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and even Nottingham people who almost believe that their struggle is the only true struggle, and they will automatically support Atletico or whatever just as an "underdog" spirit thing.

I laugh at some forums where people ask who to support in La Liga and there's like 101 reasons to like Real Sociedad or Athletic Bilbao, when they don't know shit. The irony is, no one hated Valencia when they were doing great, and less people talked shit about AC Milan in the 90s and early 2000s. So maybe people just hate the "Evil Empire" and will continue to even when we are irrelevant and it's 2089.

Doni, raven3k, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Few things are more annoying than the righteous sanctimony of middling club's "fans". The morally superior douchebaggery whether implied or stated is so weak. As if these Liverpool or Arsenal fans would leave the club if they suddenly became a juggernaut? Because the "struggle" isn't there anymore. Give me a break. The eye rolling and the scoffing as soon as I tell someone that I am a Madridista still surprises me. It's especially laughable when I ask them who do you support and they say Manchester United, I'm like......... say what now? Lmao. And my special dislike is reserved for the high horse riders wearing the Blaugrana. In their heyday a few years ago they would act like they are frickin Southampton and not a club which is always in the top 3 or 4 on the Forbes list or the Deloitte money league.

It's a shame because I love football and love talking about it with people from other clubs. I wouldn't want to be just restricted to Madridistas because that just reinforces the opinions you already have and there's very little actual discussion. RMBS is different because we have so many "Madridistas" who live for the losses and low key hate the club. Its weird but at least it creates some difference of opinion and isn't just a series of Hala Madrid posts, no matter what the origin is. Combine that with our regulars long held penchant of going at eachothers throats over small things and it makes this a pretty OK place.

Not to sound old but I've noticed that its become a lot more extreme lately. People have become less tolerant and more closed off to any opinion that doesn't match the one in their echo chamber. Anyway, it is what it is.

ahnaf, Digital, Doni and 6 others repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This forum is about discussion where we disagree and agree. The most respected opinions I have seen on here, I have battled (insulted lol). For the respectable regulars; we have our "go" then we let it go (beside passive shots and "I told you so" gloating lol)

It's all love.

It's what makes this place great.

9Qui, Chinky24 and Shay Z repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    It isn't easy to be tolerant even when you want, and try.

Extreme fans are always there. It's very hard to keep everything in check in public places where everyone can have a say.

It's easier to have a private conversation on twitter with a fan of another club.

By extreme fans, I especially mean those that wear glasses, and will never accept any critics of their favorite club/players. Even amongs fans of the same club it doesn't always end up well.

For example, let's take our club, and our fans. Did you check the debates about Zidane on twitter? There are some extreme RM fans that won't accept any critic about Zidane. They'll just insult you if you try to explain why you think this season is not very good so far, and that it could end up as a disaster.

And it's especially tiring because they use fallacious arguments to shut down any debate about it. "He's a historic player of the club". "He's won 2 CLs in a row". Etc.

But that's fallacious, it's like saying one guy saved 2 peoples, so if he kills 1 afterwards, it doesn't count.

Now let's go further. Let's talk about Barca fans, and us RM fans. How do you expect us, RM fans, to be ok to talk in public places with them when even when you bring facts, they'll still say you are lying?

Example: I posted on twitter that video about Umtiti diving, faking injuries, etc. I didn't do it to troll, and explained why I thought he doesn't need to do this, and that's a shame. I posted 1 video, but also 5 tweets in a row to explain my point of view. Well, I only got insults, and was accused of spreading lies.

Actually, now it's worse than before because the more we won, the more we got hated by other clubs fans.

24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’re going for that ‘best club of the last century’ back to back bro.

Umar, yoanaidarov and Chinky24 repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only been about a week since this match and im already dying for some more Real Madrid champions league football. Bring on the quarter finals already!