PSG vs. Napoli @Parc des Princes - CL Matchday 3

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Credit to Ruiz, Hamsik, Allan, k2, Insigne, Callejon and Mertens for playing a world class game.

I wasnt too impressed with Ospina, since I think he shouldve read the di maria shot better - thats our weakness, we dont have a GK that "saves us"

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That di maria shot was exquisite with pinpoint precision, it just curled into the inside of the post with enough power to not give ospina a chance to react. His saves weren't outstanding, but he is a great shot stopper in one on one positions. He's definitely ahead of reina in nearly almost every category.

Sacki repped this.
  3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The fcker needs to learn how to communicate though...

Sacki repped this.
  4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm just saying the best 20-30 Goalkeepers out there would have read the situation better, it wasnt even that high up

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I agree that Milik is bad overall, but his involvement at the end of the game was not the thing that cost us the game. It was both Di Maria's quality and our inability to defend him. I have nothing against Rui, but I don't see why the fact that Zielinski is shi* should affect his defending. It's the requisite of a great player that he steps up in such situations.
    Didn't you all see Koulibaly push Rui into position before? He totally pushed Rui after an attacker, can't remember which. Koulibaly puts out the fire wherever and whenever, he does not pause to think whether he should let sb else do it. Rui is a defender and he could have stopped the goal, and so he should have, in my opinion. So I would put some blame on him, but not too much, as these things happen, but his performance was one of those I liked the least today.

We need to be wary, as PSG showed immense individual quality and our asses were burning when they did. We need to find a way to push them out of pace for as long as possible and as often as possible.

tripwire repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no defender can defend getting outnumbered, simply too much to ask at this level.It was all fine when Ruiz was the left midfielder, Zielinski just isnt good enough here. His problem is obvious

both goals came down our left side

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Di Maria loves that move, and the second he started to shift over, Rui should have come at him instead of standing there sticking a leg out. It was piss poor defending.

What's the status on Ghoulam?

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    1055212824753004544 is not a valid tweet id

cipro and Retrosword repped this.
  9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It was almost the end of the game, in which case I would take him down like they do in rugby. And as tripwire said, it was Di Maria's signature move and Rui wasn't even close. Zielinski is lacking, but I still think more could have been done there.

This is it! When I saw it I felt hilarious and pretty fuc*king depressed at the same time, for how, why? If Koulibaly hadn't pushed Rui we perhaps would have conceded a goal there... And Rui was totally non-existent there, just like at the end of the game. Damn, thank God for those people who always remember those moments, cut them out, and upload them. They are just too hilarious not to be rewatched, this one especially.

10. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just to put things into perspective, I work and temporarily reside in Liverpool and the perception of Napoli has immensely improved since when the group was announced. My boss whos a hardcore liverpool fan didnt watch the game but he seemed surprised napoli pushed PSG at home to the extent they did. People around here are even thinking they're dark horses, so its nice to see us gather the respect we've deserved from other fanbases despite our previous disastrous efforts.

Despite ancelottis over reliance on Milik, which I think will tone down a notch now that Mertens is becoming clutch again, I really cannot wait to see how we develop over his tenure here. His tactical flexibility leaves so much optimism for the fans when things arent going right, as we know he'll change it sooner than later.

cipro, tripwire and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Should've won. I'll take the draw because a win at the San Paolo means we're virtually through.

Standings atm:
    Liverpool: 6
    Napoli 5
    PSG 4
    Red Star 1

A win puts us 4 points up on PSG with a home game against Red Star on the 5th match day.

12. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Should have won but a draw is not a bad result, provided we can win our home game. Getting out of the group stage will be quite the achievement. I mean, just Neymar alone is like half of our total wage bill(?).

Agree should not have sub in Milik. Doesn't bring anything. Insigne if he had stayed on could have made the difference.

13. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thing is a home win vs PSG is anything but given.

Current odds making next round
    Liverpool 83%
    Napoli 62%
    PSG 54%
    Red Star <1% lol

14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    us advancing is in our hands. We need a win against Red star in any scenario. We can knockout Liverpool by not losing to PSG and getting at least a draw in Liverpool or we can knockout PSG by just winning against PSG.

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think that in spite of Carlo's rotation policy some players have shown that they simply must be preferred if we want to compete with the greatest. It is normal, but Carlo probably knows all the advantages of trying not to say it too often and out loud. Other players should not be exposed to such ideas without necessity, for it can only be damaging to the squad as a whole, no matter how true it is.

I personally love the fact that Mertens has been doing so well lately, but I would prefer if he tried to behave more modestly. Confidence is important but I have seen players start talking too much so many times only to underperform the very next match that it's gotten pretty boring.

We need a first class performance against PSG, as well as absolute attention, experience, and acumen from Carlo throughout the game and before the game. If we win the game, I'll grow some badass tits and go to the jungle to breastfeed monkeys.