PSG vs Liverpool FC - CL - Nov 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Nov 26, 2018.

1. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    okay so we go thru with a 1-0 win

lets do this

2. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    One of the worst games Bobby has had for Us...He was Abysmal.

Didnt we Rout Napoli 5 -0 in a preseason friendly??

And also Didnt we need to Beat Olympiakos by 2 goals to qualify from the group in 2005:p:p

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  3. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Oh, yeah...1-0 would be enough based on goal difference.

4. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    we would go thru on goals scored

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a win then?

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn’t Shaq shoot on goal instead of floating the ball twice?

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let's get a few annoying things (that we can't control) out of the way first...

The ref was an absolute disgrace and bought into all the crying and rolling around by PSG.

This PSG side, with the exception of Mbappe and a few others, are a loathsome bunch. I f ucking despise them. Just a bunch of whinny c unts; especially Neymar.

All that being said, we were dreadful in the 1st half. I can't handle anymore Gini/Hendo/Milner midfield in big games. Keita was still raw but at least he brought some ideas to the attack. Shaq has to play more often, it's as simple as that. Overall, our passing is very piss poor and frankly I'm shocked at how it doesn't seem to improve.

Just typical. We sort out the defense, we have a goalie howler. We sort out the goalie, the offense is now sputtering. Really have to be better or we're going to Europa and no one wants that.

Thank the Gods for Belgrade pulling one back. Just gotta win 1-0 vs Naples. I don't exactly have confidence considering our Euro form as of late but we have a chance.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think if it's a one goal win where they score (aka 2-1), they would go through on an "away goal" in our combined series.

drobny23 repped this.
  9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Hmm. strange match. Klopp teams never forget how to play. But Teuchel's mirrored game plan but with better talent took Liverpool by surprise. This was a chess match with the other making mirrored moves, but with one side being just a bit faster, having just a bit better touch and movement.

Credit to PSG, the money on the fastest horse finally worked.

10. ewibe

ewibe Member+

Jun 4, 2015
    Stavanger
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only if its a by two goals or a 1-0 win a 2-1 win and we are out

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  11. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Better get the goal differential, win/loss situation worked out BEFORE the game against Napoli...need to know what is needed to advance...

Overall, beaten at our own game...PSG came out strong and fast and scored early (13th minute)...then they started to defend...and scored again on a clinical counter - fast, direct, decisive. They also had several good chances stopped by some good defending, great goalkeeping, and some luck...

As LFC took control of the game, the PSG players began, even toward the end of the first half, to milk the clock...how many times were players falling over, complaining, and wasting time...and the ref fell for most of their antics...he should know better...

A PK late in the first half made things interesting...but LFC could not find the final ball, and only managed one shot on target throughout the whole game...essentially handing 40-yr-old Buffon the night off...

What happened to the potent offense LFC had at the end of last season?...it seems like the CL Final loss has wreaked havoc to the once energetic, fast paced, front three - who now seem to be sputtering...have other teams found out LFC's success secrets? What happened to our Heavy Metal Football?

12. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Credit where it's due, PSG were very slick at times moving the ball forward. We were totally over-run for the first 20 mins but slowly recovered.

Other than that:
    • Two out of Henderson/Milner/Wijnaldum in CM is OK, but need a bit more thrust with the third being one of Ox-C/Keita/Shaqiri.
    • Gomez/VvD is our best CB pairing no matter who the opposition. Much rather see TAA at RB than Lovren at CB.
    • Neymar is still a whiney bitch.
    • Alisson our MOTM?
    • Veratti lucky not to have seen red.
    • Gomez has really mastered the long throw. Have TAA/Robinson not been attending classes?

newterp and speker repped this.
  13. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  14. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Can Klopp Pull a Mourinho, though ? Can he cynically go for 1-0? He more likely to roll out for a 4-2 win. I feel for him that CM pairing couldn't contain an in-form best of world attack. Mo also went missing. Mane for me has to be the best big game player on Earth.

15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So another words it’s Olympiakos all over again

16. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mo was ok - Firmino was who really struggled.

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Mo was pretty good holding things up and should have drawn another few fouls for me.

Bobby... not so good.

18. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have some sympathy for Firmino as he is being asked to play different roles in different games?

usscouse, EruditeHobo and newterp repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And because the original midfield cannot create worth a damn. Certainly not against the likes of PSG. And I know that Miller gets a lot of assists - But there is no true Creativity

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they did a pretty good job in the 2nd half in supporting the attack.

PSG defended really well and their CBs especially I think had a great match, and the pressure Liverpool were able to create wasn't good enough for a good chance. But I think that's on the attack as much or more than it is on the midfield.

Certainly having more creativity from midfield in the shape of an in-form Naby wouldn't hurt.

21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw - I wish Shaw had elbowed Neymar in the throat at the end when he tried to rainbow the ball and show off.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  22. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    It seems like Salah is more interested in primming his hair and showing off his six pack ... football seems to be an afterthought and it is showing in his performances.

If anything, I would bring back Harry Wilson from loan, it looks like you are a little light on the wings, and he certainly would be a huge difference maker as he beds in over the years. It's hard to understand why Liverpool are in for Fekir or Pulisic when they already have someone with a much higher ceiling in their ranks.

Adios

23. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Bobby is a very limited player. He feeds off the disruption created by the press. His slick passes generally catch Mo in a run or Mane lurking at the edge of the box or as a clever shot from a bad angle. TT made sure that he had zero outlet and manned up with good defenders at the back. PSG took the game to Liverpool and they were caught flatfooted. No shame I that , PSG have a 500mm transfer team or whatever.

24. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They aren't in for Pulisic; they bid 11M for him over 2 years ago.

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever seriously watched Firmino play football before today?

soccershaggy repped this.