PSG Transfer Thread - NEW AND IMPROVED!

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by guignol, May 17, 2009.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Rumors of Louis Van Gaal replacing Unai Emery.

God plz NO. One train-wreck for another? Count me OUT. Must be Kluivert's "bright" idea.

IMO PSG's next coach should be one of those Bundesliga coaches. More specifically, the Hoffenheim or Hertha Berlin head coach.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's not getting fired before the season's over. I actually think he will last at least 3 years. Just a hunch.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll be livid if he gets fired. I think he deserves at least to finish this season and to have next season with a productive summer transfer window in 2017, where he can have a say in bringing in some quality players.

Definitely don't want LVG here!

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The old managers just do it for a paycheck and dont put the work in. LVG should be a national team manager at his age.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Juve ready to offer 80m for Verratti according to Corriere dello Sport.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'll believe it when I see it.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They can offer all they'd like. He's not going anywhere, especially not for just 80 mil.

8. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
  9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    With 4 goals and 4 assists in 22 appearances (Portuguese league) the main comparison to Ronaldo may be the country they are from (?) but at 20 years old certainly one for the future. Also he is not eligible for PSG in the UCL this year as he already played in it for Benfica. Article makes it sound like we could see him as soon as this Sunday v. Monaco, that seems over optimistic for the typical pace of a transfer ?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dry transfer. Wont ever be playing for Paris again. Hyped up player based on a bunch of youth caps for France but didnt have to level for Paris. Didnt even do anything when he was loaned to Bastia. Still only 21 so maybe he can rebound in Holland.

[​IMG]

11. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can anyone see Ben Arfa staying in the Summer? Kind of been a bust if you ask me. I'd go for Dolberg ( might need another year at Ajax or somewhere before taking the big stage). Think Icardi and Alexis wouldn't go well with Cavani.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Ben Arfa, I can see them loaning him somewhere rather than a dry transfer.

13. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
  14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The issue might be his wage, which is sky high iirc.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Front Office staff is a circus show every season. No surprise here.

16. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Scapegoats because they don't want to make a coaching change and can't change all the players? It has to sting a little that there is a Ligue 1 team in the UCL semi-finals with a younger average age and lower salary roster ...

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Should've hired a REAL coach and brought in some REAL players. Not the Gregorz or Stamboulis of the world.

18. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    In the match commentary today they noted that none of the 16/17 signings were starting ...

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Who did we this year? Polish flub, Meunier(has actually been serviceable), Lo Celso(prospect), Ben Arfa(lol), and Draxler(5 stars)?

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #2296 SportBoy333, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    They should have sold Matuidi to Juventus last year. Now that his play has slipped this season and is a year older, they won't get nearly as much for him. That was another blunder IMO.

Also after David Luiz was sold, you've played the entire season with 3 centre backs and for a team of PSG's stature to have only 3 cb's instead of 4 is kind of inexcusable.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Also the dude from Portugal, Guedes. Mournier and Draxler have been the only good summer and winter signings.

Dom. FC repped this.
  22. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
  23. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I fear that he is having a "career year" and that means he may have 3 years of minor, moderate, and considerable decline coming -- along with the injuries that years and miles can accrue. Still glad he isn't leaving, probably the 'face' of the team at present. No sane person can dispute his numbers but still it is frustrating when he misses or 'Cavanis' what should be easy goals -- imagine his numbers with those added in!

24. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i wouldn't worry too much. He's finishing at near elite levels (1 in 4 shots), same as Lewy, Suarez etc. He just has a reputation of missing easy chances so they become more noticeable. Plus even if he loses some physical attributes, his workrate should compensate. He's easily a top 5 striker in europe right now.