News: PSG 2015 - 2016 News and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jul 12, 2015.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Timothy Weah, son of George signs pro.

[​IMG]

Pandore repped this.
  2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Like father like son I hope !

Allez Paris

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    2-year Youth Contract, I can almost guarantee that Timothy will not last in Paris after those 2-years.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Probably not, but idk for sure. It's Oregon.. their athletics program is pretty much run by Nike, so I'm sure they'll get it done someway.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    as a half-Jamaican, I can most certainly say that it is not an absolute outrage :)

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    plus the whylympics.

what do you get for winning the copa america anyway? a cookie?

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not even a cookie!

"The tournament is purely ceremonial; the winner of this tournament will not receive an invitation to the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, as Chile have already qualified by winning the 2015 Copa América. "

For the record, I'd be against this if it was a ceremonial version of the Euro as well.

guignol repped this.
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no cookie? then i'm not playing.

121012-cookie-monster-10a_grid-6x2.jpg

Dom. FC and Pandore repped this.
  10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.paristeam.fr/transferts/...r-pastore-ne-pense-plus-a-un-depart-22241.htm

This makes me VERY happy! You have no idea how worried I was that Pastore was going to leave this summer. I feel such a huge sense of relief now.

And onto some bad news, Ginola is now in the hospital and there have been conflicting reports as to what's going on. Initially it was said that he went into cardiac arrest, but now apparently it's not nearly as severe. Either way, I wish him a speedy recovery!

11. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I've wanted to post this since the start of the USA domestic league (MLS) season in March but I'm getting it finally now in the PSG 'off' season. New England Revolution (Eastern Conference) are one of my 'good list' teams although I am a long time supporter of the Colorado Rapids (Western Conference). Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:

[​IMG]

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ^ Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I'm embarrassed to say, I've never even seen an MLS game. I don't keep up with any leagues outside of Europe.

Both Sirigu and VDW have come out with some stuff the past few days that, not surprisingly, makes Blanc look like a bad coach. And the thing is, neither of them have ever had a tendency to stir up drama or look for attention (even after being benched), so I'm inclined to believe they are just speaking about their experiences and not trying to cause any problems. VDW said that him and Blanc barely communicated, if at all, and he supposes that Blanc doesn't really like to talk to the players in general.

http://canal-supporters.com/2016/05/van-der-wiel-je-suppose-que-blanc-naime-pas-parler-aux-joueurs/

13. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Motta is so right...

Pandore repped this.
  14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bring back Leonardo. :(

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  17. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
  18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm so tired of him. Nothing but trouble when it matters most.

The worst part is I don't want him to leave because it would be virtually impossible to replace him lol

19. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36411878

Serge Aurier: Ivory Coast international arrested in Paris

The 23-year-old, who plays for French side Paris St Germain, is alleged to have had an altercation with police.

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lots of rumors circulating regarding us going after Simeone.

And some even stronger rumors about a return for Leonardo.

THIS is what I like to see. :thumbsup:

21. nickcat

nickcat Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Southport
    Club:
    --other--
    Obviously Blanc is doing a terrible job, only 11 trophies in 3 seasons, he clearly hasn't got a clue.

22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Trophies aren't the only way to measure success. He has failed in Europe, which is the club's primary objective. And he has demonstrated his weaknesses in terms of tactics, man management, and the fact that he is unable to attract big names like the likes of Pep or Ancelotti.

And it's also important to put things into context... 11 trophies when your budget is a million times larger than all the other teams is really not all that impressive. As a fan, of course those trophies mean the world to me, but I'm not delusional enough to not realize that the other teams barely have a chance.

But thanks for your sarcasm.

23. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Laurent Blanc’s future as manager of Paris Saint-Germain in doubt
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/laurent-blanc-coach-paris-st-germain

"“It’s not just the fact that we lost in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, it’s the way it happened,” he said. “I am very disappointed. I did not feel there was pressure before the City games. This elimination is the worst moment since I have been in Paris. Two hours before the return leg I knew we were going to lose. I did not feel the players were ready … Whose fault is this?

Khelaifi promised “big changes will come”. Asked if he still trusted Blanc, who took over from Carlo Ancelotti in 2013, he said: “I have supported him for three years. Now we have to think about what we are going to do next season to build a group that will be stronger at European level. I will not discuss individual cases. Big changes will come, a new cycle will start.”"

I believe this means Mr. Blanc is on his way out because you simply can't say those things and then not make a change. I think he is now a 'caretaker' manager while they line up someone better, and because all of the managers of that caliber already have major clubs it will require someone with more greed than loyalty, or a better case might be someone that really wants to live in Paris. Sadly the first part I underlined I don't lay at the coach's feet, the professional players at this level have to get themselves ready for a match like that, imo everything the coach does comes way before that ... so to me ironically my answer to Khelaifi's question ("Whose fault is this?") is the players.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All PSG fans knew we were going to lose as soon as we saw the 3-5-2. Blanc is the one who came up with that.

Dom. FC repped this.
  25. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US