News: PSG 2015 - 2016 News and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jul 12, 2015.

1. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    What do you think will happen with him now?

2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    "his periscope/twitter/facebook account has been hacked" excuse. [​IMG]

3. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    It was his twin :ninja:

NicolasN. repped this.
  4. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Aurier officially suspended

5. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Would be stupid to let him go. He's top 5 RB in Europe. We gonna rely on VDW? :laugh:

Pandore repped this.
  6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't understand why he keeps trying to avoid playing in the CL. :laugh:

This better mean Marqui will be taking his spot!

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's the typical French attitude to sabotage yourself just to make a point. :rolleyes:

Of course Aurier's an idiot for all of this, but letting him go would make us bigger idiots.

N. Platini repped this.
  8. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I'm not sure a suspension related to a Ligue 1 match would apply to UCL match(es). Usually suspensions, even for multiple matches, are served in whatever competition they're earned in. An exception would be an all out ban from playing like Suarez had for the biting incident.

9. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    This incident isn't related to any match. It happened off pitch. The amount of games PSG decides to give him for the suspension will include all comptetions.

Dom. FC repped this.
  10. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Thanks I hadn't translated the article and assumed it was match related, like towards the referee.

11. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I still can't get over what a ********ing idiot he is for that.

This better not hurt us in the CL.

13. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey not to worry. You still got van der Wiel. :D

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And now for some good (yet expected) news:

[​IMG]

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  16. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Verratti pens extended PSG deal

Marco Verratti has signed a one-year contract extension at Paris Saint-Germain , keeping him at Parc des Princes until 2020.

Verratti, 23, joined PSG in July 2012 and has made 155 appearances for the club as they have claimed three consecutive Ligue 1 titles.

And the Italy international, who has won 15 caps for his country, has now expressed his determination to help PSG become a dominant European force.

"I am very happy to extend my contract with Paris Saint-Germain," Verratti he told the club's official website.

"I would like to thank the club for the confidence they have placed in me since I joined. I love the city of Paris and I love Paris Saint-Germain. I will continue to give my all, along with my team-mates, to bring joy and success to our supporters and make our team the best in Europe."

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956...2812/verratti-pens-psg-extension?ICID=TP_HN_2http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956...2812/verratti-pens-psg-extension?ICID=TP_HN_2

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think he wins for the dumbest unsolicited reaction in regards to the Aurier scandal. :D

But even more hilarious than the prison comment is this comment: "Le Paris-SG est notre porte-drapeau en Ligue des champions"... It's very convenient how one of these "old white guys" would say something like that at this point in time. So sorry to have let the rest of the country down. We'll be feeling overwhelming guilt from now until the next time the LFP screws us over in terms of scheduling. ;)

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://canal-supporters.com/2016/02...a-faiblesse-du-psg-sur-le-plan-disciplinaire/

This brings up some other examples (much less severe ones of course) of recent times in which players have barely been sanctioned for disrespectful behavior towards the club. I'm not sure we should sell Aurier unless we have our sights on someone just as good or better than him, but I do think a very, very lengthy ban is in order. I think Aurier will get a lengthy ban because of the severity of his comments, but I think the issue is much bigger than this one specific case involving Aurier.

I think Blanc is the wrong manager for us and even if Aurier feels the same way (though I suspect his recent comments were more due to being an idiot than anything), it is his job to show respect to the manager. And although Aurier is the one in the wrong here, should we also be looking at why it seems hard for players to show him any respect?

It is a really frustrating situation and the timing couldn't be any worse. Hopefully Blanc is able to turn this into a good opportunity to demand respect (through good coaching and management and good results) and to reinstate Marquinhos in the starting lineup. :thumbsup:

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...lement-les-regrets-eternels-de-nene-21823.htm

"Oui, parfois je regrette d’avoir quitté le PSG (en janvier 2013). Si j’avais été un peu plus patient, je serais sans doute encore au club aujourd’hui... Mais c’est trop tard, on ne peut pas changer le passé. Mes années au PSG étaient les meilleures de ma carrière. J’ai senti l’amour et l’admiration des supporters, et c’était quelque chose d’incroyable. Pour moi, le Parc est ma deuxième maison. Parfois, je me dis que je pourrais encore y être et que j’aurais même pu être appelé en seleção si j’étais resté. Je me dis aussi que j’aurais pu y finir ma carrière. Mais bon, c’est la vie. Il faut faire des choix"

23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thiago Silva not nominated for the Trophée UNFP du meilleur joueur de L1. I'm not surprised because those things are a joke and defenders are usually overlooked, but it's pretty scandalous in this case since TS was the best (and most consistently good) player in the league by far this season.

ADM and Ibra are nominated at least, which is deserved especially in Ibra's case.

24. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Pre-match show for Champion's League yesterday:
    Nugget #1 Everyone considers Manchester City as #4 of the semi-final teams
    Nugget #2 Mou not going to Manchester United, talking to PSG (?)

Would Ibrahimovic extend a year if Jose Mourinho is coming? Would that make it worth the media circus that would follow? Is that something the ownership would actually want as a way to jump start the 'Global Brand" part of the project?
    I see midfield depth as the fatal flaw in UCL this year, it really requires 11 world class players on the pitch and on their game (form) along with some x-factor chemistry that Mou is supposed to have a bottle of (but don't ask Chelsea for a reference).