PSG 2015 - 2016 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    With the draw coming up in a few hours, I figured it was time to kickstart this thread.

What are you predictions or who would you like us to get? I just hope we avoid Real, Atletico, and Manchester City. I'd also like to avoid having our players travel too far.

If anyone wants to try to simulate a draw, there's this website: http://inker.github.io/cl-draw/

My results:

PSG
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Sevilla
    Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Allez Paris!!

2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #2 Pandore, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Btw, I have a strong feeling we're going to get United.

I looked over on their forum (not here on BS) and a lot of them want to knock us out. Pretty small time to be that bitter from a supposedly "top" team. :D

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wait why couldn't Porto be in group A?

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So last year we got Barcelona and now we get Real Madrid

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What is the incentive of finishing first in the league when you get paired with one of the top best teams in the world?

I'm really annoyed that we're getting the toughest start possible two years in a row.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the Spanish teams and the English teams seriously benefit from not having to face teams from their leagues, so the chances of us not getting one from the two is very low.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Look at Lyon's easy draw. It must be so nice to be rewarded for mediocrity. ;)

On the other hand, I do want them to advance, so it's ok!

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We got Malmo! Zlatan will be so happy, he really wanted to play there. :)

10. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's going to be fun facing you guys and we both should easily advance, I look forward to our matches together.

:thumbsup:

Pandore repped this.
  11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thank you! I'm excited for the CL to start despite the tough group. :)

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  12. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We should advance . The games against Madrid will be very interesting .

The official PSG twitter account is embarrassing

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, we should advance, but what if we advance second? Based on our recent history, we'll get one of the toughest group winners like Barcelona or Bayern and then we could be eliminated at the round of 16. But I'll stay positive for now since it is what it is.

And the PSG twitter account is super embarrassing, but I remember when they made that ridiculous tweet for the Chelsea game and they ended up being right! So I say, the more embarrassing it is, the better our chances. :laugh:

14. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Tough group. Malmo are very good at home so they're no pushovers

15. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well if they end up being right again then I might just have to give the account it's due . Win/win situation for me ;)

Finishing 2nd place wouldn't be too bad this year considering the other groups. While we could get Barcelona or Bayern we also could get Zenit/Valencia, Benfica/Atletico, Chelsea or Man United . Obviously finishing 1st we would be in a much better position but still .

Madrid (who we wouldn't be able to play in the next round), Bayern and Barcelona are the only teams I wouldn't fancy our chances against in the knockout stages .

Pandore repped this.
  16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Which means we would get Bayern or Barcelona. ;)

Anyway, hopefully we can finish first!

N. Platini repped this.
  17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Actually Pandore you made a really good point that I somehow missed . Knowing our luck finishing 2nd we'll definitely get Bayern or Barcelona so we'll have to finish 1st :(

Haha exactly !

Pandore repped this.
  18. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Paris Saint-Germain - Malmö FF (15 septembre 2015)
    Shakhtar Donetsk - Paris Saint-Germain (30 septembre 2015)
    Paris Saint-Germain - Real Madrid (21 octobre 2015)
    Real Madrid - Paris Saint-Germain (3 novembre 2015)
    Malmö FF - Paris Saint-Germain (25 novembre 2015)
    Paris Saint-Germain - Shakhtar Donetsk (8 décembre 2015)

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can't wait to see what happens in the champions league !

Pandore repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    FALL IS COMING IM STARTING TO HAVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FEELINGS AND LIGUE 1 FEELING

ALLEZ PARIS !!!!!

ICI C'EST PARIS!!!!!!

Dom. FC and Pandore repped this.
  21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Of course we play the first leg at home against Madrid. ;)

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bring it on ! Lol

Pandore repped this.
  23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I wish I could have your positivity! Unfortunately, so many people that have won the competition have said that you need luck to win it. Most top teams aren't challenged until at least the quarter finals, so it's not very encouraging, especially two years in a row. It's just frustrating that we may finish second when the whole point is that the teams in pot one are supposed to be in a group in which they are expected to finish first.

Matthieu, you should tell your friend Ronaldo that we're going to take three million away from his future salary for every goal he scores against us. ;)

Also, I hope us getting such a tough draw can motivate Nasser to make it rain and get us a quality midfielder because I can already picture Rabiot and Stambouli at the Bernabeu and it's not a happy image. :laugh:

24. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Us against PSG woot woot! This makes me excited! I have had a soft spot for PSG since I started playing FIFA 2003. For whatever reason I used to always play at the Parc Des Prances as Real Madrid in our black kits against PSG in their white strip. Idk there was something I just loved about playing in the stadium on that game, back then I was attacking with Ronaldo, Raul, Morientes, Guti, Figo, Zidane, etc and was defending with Makelele, Carlos, and Casillas against the likes of Ronaldinho and Pauleta! Some of you may remember I posted around here in PSG forum during the 10-11, 11-12 seasons

Anyways we and PSG are not doubt the favorites for our group. Shakhtar will be tough, not writing them off and for some reason I think Malmo could spring an upset against us at their ground. Predictions;

Home vs Shakhtar (W) 4-1
    Away @ Malmo (L) 2-1
    Away @ PSG (L) 3-0
    Home vs PSG (D) 2-2
    Away @ Shakhtar (W) 3-1
    Home @ Malmo (W) 6-2

PSG finish first, us 2nd, Malmo parachutes into the Europa League

Group B- Easy group for ManU, they should have no problems winning the group. But they bottled it a few years ago against Benfica, Basel, and Otelulz. 2nd place battle should be interesting between CSKA, Wolfsburg, and PSV. Side note... how was PSV a #1 seed?

Group C- Pathetico will smash everyone in this group, toss up for 2nd place between Benfica and the cinnabuns. Going with Benfica to progress.

Group D- Group of Death! Sevilla to win the group by a slim margin with City finishing 2nd. I would not place bets on this group however if Pelegrini does not get this side through I think he'll be sacked. Moenchengladbach could steal some points but so far I've not been impressed by their Bundesliga form. Juve have lost too much talent this off season to advance

Group E- Well this is a joke... neverkusen. If history is anything to go by, farca will score more goals against Roma/Bayer 04 then Bate. Roma will progress in 2nd.

Group F- Cakewalk group. Bayern top, arsenal 2nd

Group G- Another Cakewalk group. Chelsea top in unconvincing fashion. Dynamo Kyiv shock everyone and take 2nd.

Group H- Should be interesting 3 evenly balanced teams. Going with Lyon then Valencia in that order.

Should be a fun group stage! Our reminds me of 2009 against Marseille, Milan, Zurich for some reason.

Pandore repped this.
  25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We play Rennes away on October 31st, which is a saturday and then we play Madrid away on tuesday. We definitely need to get the Rennes game moved to friday.

Thanks, I hope you are right! ;) I look forward to our games against each other. :)