PSG 2014 - 2015 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The problem is Cavani struggles to score against L1 teams as well!! Its annoying and irritating. Plus as strikers on the market go, not many quality ones that will fit at PSG.. Maybe Jackson Martinez of Porto, but im not banking on it.

2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cavani never has the right to complain again about where he plays. He has been poor whether Zlatan's on the pitch or not. Today was his big moment and he did nothing at all.

What worries me the most is that the league could be simultaneously slipping out of our hands with Ibra entering his suspension (though the club is trying to have it reduced, but it probably won't work) and most of all our CBs constantly getting injured.

There is something not right with all these injuries. It cannot be just bad luck. I can't take it anymore.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I just want to cry right now. ;-;

This cute girl from Lyon is making my life miserable at the moment.

4. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    "Cabaye is the best of both of worlds : the long passes of Motta and the short passes of Verratti"

We witnessed it tonight. French "journalism". :ROFLMAO:

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I cried when they scored the second goal lol. So embarrassing!

And why, is she trolling you? She should want us to go through to make the league even harder for us.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the discipline of Verratti X10. I guess Cabaye has it all. :ROFLMAO:

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I made a post on social media saying, "Sad day in Paris" with crying emojis, some people ask why, I refuse to respond, until she says "It was a good day in Lyon :p"... Until Friday you wench >_>

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Beating Bastia after they played a cup final 3 days ago with 10 men is the most pathetic thing to be proud of. :laugh:

It is a sad day though :(

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Im already looking towards the summer... and a NEW coach.

Hey, whats Klopp up to? :D

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Let's hope Guardiola gets knocked out. That would be a dream signing. :inlove:

I'm too upset to look forward to anything because we could sign 10 Messis and they'd all be injured when they're needed the most.

I just hope we can do a domestic clean sweep. That would be a really successful season. I don't know if we can, Blanc has misused and mismanaged our players to the point that they seem burnt out.

11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny you mention him. He announced his departure effective at the end of the season today. Not that anyone was doubting it.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i missed the whole game :)

Catracho_Azul and Pandore repped this.
  13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #363 Pandore, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Apparently Silva was injured for like 10 minutes before being subbed off.

Also, it's really upsetting seeing all the morons come out and laugh about Luiz. HE WAS INJURED. He didn't "come back" from injury, he was thrust into the game because Blanc apparently had no other choice. He certainly was not prepared to play a full game or even play at all. He wasn't even supposed to be available for next week's game either.

Lucas was coming back from injury too, but he had way more time to prepare and he was introduced at the appropriate time and he didn't contribute anything interesting.

If it weren't for Luiz, there wouldn't have been a QF period. Yes, he messed up, but I thought the foreigners, who probably never watch him for PSG, would give him a pass because he's still injured, but I guess not.

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have a bad feeling TS was injured even before the game and Blanc included Luiz to introduce him onto the pitch if Silva's injury worsened.

15. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    European Cup Winners' Cup
    Metz 2 - 4 Barcelona
    Barcelona 1 - 4 Metz

StarrMatthieu, Pandore and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for posting, it's hard not to feel down after the result of the first leg.

I have a class presentation next Tuesday, but I really want to go to the away game (there are tickets left) ever since the bad result. I'm trying to find someone who I can switch presentation days with, but it's not looking too promising. :(

Parisian75 repped this.
  17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it being metz is triply ironic.

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here is the group going to Barcelona

Groupe :
    BAHEBECK Jean-Christophe
    CABAYE Yohan
    CAMARA Zoumana
    CAVANI Edinson
    DAVID LUIZ
    DIGNE Lucas
    DOUCHEZ Nicolas
    IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan
    KIMPEMBE Presnel
    LAVEZZI Ezequiel
    LUCAS
    MAIGNAN Mike
    MARQUINHOS
    MATUIDI Blaise
    MAXWELL
    PASTORE Javier
    RABIOT Adrien
    SIRIGU Salvatore
    THIAGO SILVA
    VAN DER WIEL Gregory
    VERRATTI Marco

Absents :
    AURIER Serge (suspension)
    DIAW Mory (choix)
    THIAGO MOTTA (reprise)

--

It seemed certain that Motta would be back for the second leg, but unfortunately he's still out. I suppose it's better than to have him worsen his condition in a tie that is already decided. At the same time, seeing either Rabiot or Cabaye start in a CL game makes me feel extremely uneasy. Neither of them are nearly good enough (maybe Rabiot will be one day, but he certainly isn't now) and it makes our midfield look like a joke. Hopefully we can see a midfield of Verratti, Pastore, and Matuidi.

I'm hoping TS is able to play, but again, I'd rather have him rested if he's unfit or else it could cost us in the league. Same with DL, who has unfairly shouldered the blame of wednesday's defeat.

Lucas is still nowhere near his regular level, but I would start him anyway if he's physically able (and then he should be subbed off early on). A Lucas at 50% is way more effective and valuable than a Lavezzi at 100%.

This is kind of a radical suggestion, but I'd honestly rather see Douchez than Sirigu. It will never happen though.

Psychologically speaking, this is a tough game for players and for fans too. We still have a lot of important games in the league and we can't lose any points (maybe ONE draw maximum), but unfortunately there's still a like 0.5% chance of a miracle in Barcelona, so it's going to be very crucial for players to not overexert themselves. I don't envy the players coming back from injury/suspension, who now don't really have a legitimate chance to impose themselves. Either way, Blanc's tactics need to be flawless. He needs to make the right substitutions and he CANNOT play any injured players (it's sad that this isn't common sense for him).

I can't even articulate how wonderful it would be if we managed to qualify after such a big loss at home and so many injuries/suspensions. :(

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thiago Silva has been ruled out and has been excluded from the group. :(

If there ever was a small chance for a miracle, it's gone now.

Aurier is still suspended, so VDW will have to play.

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So I will be in class during the game ( :(), but I'm not going to check the score that way I can watch the replay a few hours later. I really hope the annoying Chelsea fan in my class doesn't ruin the score for me (although she surprisingly hasn't brought up the CL after we qualified at Stamford Bridge ;) ). It will be really hard to avoid knowing the score, but if there is even the slightest chance that we can qualify, it would be so much better to watch it happen without knowing the score already.

I'm not delusional, I know that we have less than 1% chance of qualifying, but it would be so incredible if we pulled it off.

If they win or there's a draw, they go through. We would need to get two goals more than them (as in 3-1, 2-0 would not be enough because of away goals) to get to extra time/penalties. Or if we can do 4-2, we'll be through on away goals. Maybe two goals from Ibra, one header from Luiz, and a goal from Matuidi. :laugh:

In all seriousness though, this is not a game I'm looking forward to. It's a terrible feeling to have lost on wednesday and then to lose again today (whether we do well or not). There will be so many regrets after this season about all the injuries/unfair suspensions. Please, please, please can we make it through today without no injuries?

I'm really tempted to skip class and watch the game live. I don't know what to do!

ALLEZ PARIS!!!!!!!!! ON Y CROIT!!!!!

21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Go ahead and skip class. If there is ever a game like this during class time, I sometimes let my kids take a day off from school.

Parisian75 and Pandore repped this.
  22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha, I'm in university. I'm very tempted though. I have a few more hours to decide, but it's frustrating. I wish the game were tomorrow because I have no classes during the CL wednesday games..

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not sure if I am really setting a good example, but seriously go ahead and skip it. This game might be PSG's last game in the CL and even if they don't go through you want to watch your teams last game. Also if PSG don't go through they will want to end their UCL experience with a great performance so I believe it will be game on!

Pandore repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think we win like marginally.. 2-1 or something.

I hope this Lyon girl manages to keep her blouse on today >__>

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It puts a smile on my face to see Ibra back on the field in a PSG jersey

StarrMatthieu repped this.