PBP: PSF - Manchester United FC vs San José Earthquakes - July 22, 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Competition: Preseason Friendly
    Venue: Levi's Stadium
    Time: 22:00 (BST), 17:00 (EST)
    Channels: MUTV(UK)

Manchester United squad

G: Romero, J. Pereira, Grant
    D: Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Williams, Shaw, Dalot
    M: Herrera, McTominay, Garner, A. Pereira, Hamilton
    F: Martial, Greenwood, Bohui, Mata, Chong, Gomes, Sánchez

Manchester United injuries: Dalot (knee)

Preseason results so far:
    1-1 draw with Club Fútbol de América SA

Last Encounter: N/A

=====================
    can we actually play players in their rightful positions or at least attempt to let the horses run free? ffs...

2. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another rematch of the 2015 Summer tour. This team is actually not very good so far (2w, 11l and 6d) and dead last in the Western Conference.
    Results may not matter and we''re still early in our preparation, while they're in the middle of their season, but nothing other than a win will do here.
    Will be interesting to see which way Mourinho goes in this game, since it's just 2 days after Club America. Weather conditions will not be too bad at least, so that's definitely a plus (given the game is being played in the middle of the afternoon).

3. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would like to see Gomes, Greenwood and Chong start. Pipe dream though.

4. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Zero chance

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Jose already confirmed that Ching will be playing as a sub on tour. Gomes and Greenwood will play less than him.

6. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Father Ted repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming that Mourinho wants to keep some kind of continuity on the last starting lineup, the changes I'd like to see would be: if Martial is good to go, start him wide left (if not Mitchell gets another crack), Sanchez plays in the middle, with Chong getting a start (60mins or so) wide right.
    And above all, I'd hope to see Herrera play deeper at the 6, with AP playing further up alongside McTominay.

Speaking of AP, he's made some interesting comments when interviewed by MUTV, reiterating once again his desire to stay at United and to impress Mourinho.
    He added when asked whether he had discussions with him about where he sees himself playing, he mentioned he'd play anywhere he's told.
    He also mentioned how closely he is working with Carrick as well. By the looks of it, attitude wise at least, he appears to be in a very good place.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chong is not starting. Mourinho had covered this.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever it is Mourinho said or whether he actually does it or not, is hardly the point. It's what I would like to see going into this game.
    I thought my post was pretty clear on the matter...

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You LITERALLY wrote: "assuming Mourinho wanted continuity" and before the next period you talked about Chong. Then in the next sentence u reference Mourinho's words. Get some Imodium and keep all this shit off the forum.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started my posts purposefully by saying that Jose would be looking for continuity. I then followed that I would like to see a certain lineup. I find it hilarious actually you are going to have the balls to tell me what I'm thinking or what I can or can not say. Good luck with that...
    I get that everything with you has to be a fight, but I don't even know what your malfunction here is.
    Take your own advice and go take something to calm yourself down. My post was very clear: you want to make something when there is nothing to make of this, go right ahead.

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have you ever heard the phrase..."the pot calling the kettle black?"

Amdrag repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hardly shy away from one and I don't roll over. There's a big difference. But yeah, I can see where you'd be confused....

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dude, you post walls of text, seldom know your a as from your elbow and
    I have cordial interactions with 99% of posters on this forum. I however, will call bullshit when I see it. You seem to be immune to the dozens of posters who have asked directly or implied that the forum would be a nicer place if you posted less or just applied some discretion when posting. Your response is ALWAYS to get defensive. It's ok to have unpopular opinions there are quite a few of us who are contrarian by nature, but don't get hype and ready to fight when someone says your opinion is dumb - even if it wasn't dumb, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 Ashur, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    I will post whatever I want, whenever I feel like it. And no amount of attempts to bully me out of here will change anything you all might as well get it thru your skulls. Been going on for 3yrs solid and yet...
    I still have yet to figure out what your problem is here, besides the fact that you just have an issue with me and you'll pick at everything I say to make an imaginary big deal out of it.
    To reiterate, I simply posted the team I would like to see for today and your crazy switch was instantly flipped, with the above as your responses: does that seem logical to you in the least? You can say whatever you want about how you're such a great guy, who has great relations with other posters. Great, how about passing that courtesy to others as well, especially when you're not being deliberately provoked?
    As I just mentioned, I will not start anything with any of you, but if you want to continually keep coming at me (over absolutely nothing I might add), then you better believe that there will be some kind of response. I'm not going roll over for any of you. You are very, very mistaken if any of you believe it to be the case. This has been going on pretty much continually for 3yrs, whatever if you feel justified by your behavior. Good for you, I guess and carry on...

16. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

thenamestsam, Naboomagnoli and Amdrag repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :whistling:
    How should United lineup today vs San Jose.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-san-jose-lineup-14936542

Once again, my preferred lineup for today:

Grant
    Valencia. Bailly. Smalling. Shaw
    McTominay. Herrera. AP
    Chong. Sanchez. Martial

I'd make even more changes, since this is the last game where we could get away with starting weaker/less experienced guys (with the ICC coming up thereafter). But this is a team I would be more than satisfied with...

18. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Ashur everyone has posted something contradictory or badly worded on here, if you get called on it just be big enough to own up to it and move on rather than digging in.

Admitting mistakes (even if just in poor wording rather than intent) is not a weakness - the opposite in fact.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 Ashur, Jul 22, 2018
    Duly noted, but I have nothing to admit to, nor will I do so to soothe anyone's fragile ego (especially following this display).
    This is becoming one of the most ridiculous convos I've had here...

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you think it's coincidence that these types of conversations always involve you?

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #21 Ashur, Jul 22, 2018
    I don't a ******** about it. How about that? You have jumped on me (u in particular since day 1).
    You tell yourself whatever it is you want to make you feel better or justify yourself. That's on you and I couldn't care less at this juncture, because it's not going to change a thing on my end..
    I'm not attacking any of you, it's always the other way around. Because I don't sheepishly lay down, that makes me the asshole. Brilliant logic!
    What has transpired since yesterday is right there, clearly laid out on this page. This all started over nothing and has gone on and on, as is always the tendency around here. Over 24hrs now over this complete bullshit. Is that in any way rational??!?

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it's because you are an asshole, antagonistic and permawrong on everathang and still able to whip out the victim card.

Amdrag repped this.
  23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #23 Ashur, Jul 22, 2018
    How ironic when you just described to a tee... But yeah, keep up with the wannabe bully act and see where it leads to. You've got me petrified here, Johno. But as I said keep telling yourself whatever it is you want to justify yourself. After all you still have to sleep at night or just be able to look yourself in the mirror, I suppose...
    So weak, so craven...

24. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TLDR: Less is more.

On to the game!

the fumbler repped this.
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United's starting XI for today's game: JP, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Garner, AP, Chong, Martial, Alexis.