PS3 Players?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Sep 23, 2008.

1. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Re: Supah Frank Lampard Appreciation Thread

This is EXACTLY why I play PES 09 now. While it might be a little too easy to dribble,its still fun because if you're Messi you can actually beat a player, which, despite being easy, is still rewarding.

While in FIFA, it seems like either you sprint past someone or use the trick stick. Plus, PES has it so you can score from absolutely anywhere. In Fifa I stopped taking certain shots because there's no reason to.

I got PES 09 for PC with a third party patch that updates all the players, their stats, and adds multiple national teams and clubs. That's all I play now, though I'm hardly a PES fanboy. It just seems to happen that I play PES until the new FIFA comes out, then play FIFA until the new PES comes out. :D

2. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'd like a roster update for the PES of 3 years ago or so. Back when it was still Winning Eleven here. From a zoomed out view the graphics weren't that different from the next gen stuff and the gameplay was much more accurate in my opinion. I feel like I'm playing arcade soccer now. Not a huge fan of all my games ending with at least 6 or 7 goals.

3. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

FIFA can be a bit predictable, I agree with that. But the bolded part is just not true...

4. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

...and to continue on from the reply to Macksam, I've scored goals from all over the place on FIFA and seen some from a long way out and many from different areas of the final third. The one place it seems near-impossible to score from is out wide.

5. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Yeah, it was a bit of an exaggeration.

6. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    All this talk about FIFA and Franks cover got me thinking/reminiscing......I have an Xbox. Not a 360 and I havent played it in about say 5 years. The last game I bought for it was FIFA 2004. I hooked it up tonight (shocked it still works!) and played FIFA 2004. It was shocking to say the least to see some of the names when I was passing the ball: Veron, Melchiot, etc.

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone else nerdy like me and picking up Madden in 2 hours?

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I remember when I got that game, I couldn't believe how good Chelsea were on it. Even had our proper tickets because we got into the CL! IIRC Lampard and Terry were 87s? Great game, though Bridge and Duff were savagely underrated. Crespo and Hasselbaink were gods and Eidur/Mutu weren't too shabby off the bench:pBest player on the team was definitely Valerio DiCesare:D

9. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We already had a line forming when I left work at 11.

10. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was the last FIFA game I played before Winning Eleven 8 came out. Arguably the best Winning Eleven game ever.