Project24 - Stage 1 - Arsenal v WHU

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by crazy150, Aug 23, 2018.

1. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    upload_2018-8-23_7-58-28.jpeg
    I hope Sokratis breaks Anautovic.

When: August 25, 15:00GMT, 10:00EST
    Where: the Emirates

After two games with zero points, this one feels big. Derbys are never easy, but for this one everyone is expecting a win so anything less will be a big disappointment. This is also spiced up by the likelihood of jack and Fabianski in the lineup and probably Perez on the bench.

We are favored to win the next 8 games so that’s 24 points that would leave us max 6 back after 10 games played. I think 20-21 points seems more reasonable, but I’m hopeful.

Honestly I have no idea with this manager what lineup we will see. Hard to keep iwobi out after the Chelsea game—ditto for cech, nacho, and Guendouzi. Prob CBs stay as well. Other than that, everyone is fair game for some bench time I think.

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will literally bake a cake shaped like a hat and eat the whole thing if we took 20 out of the next 24.

danielh and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The mental strength meter would be through the roof if we took 20 of 24. it's a nice thought to have nevertheless =)

Shen-O repped this.
  4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guendozi hatrick

danielh and Shen-O repped this.
  5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is Project 24 a thing now?

6. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    It’s a bit optimistic, but we are fans right? By this guys statistical analysis, most likely scenario is 16-19 points which seems reasonable, but we don’t have a good estimate of the opponent quality so early in the season so who knows.

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2...oject-24-points-arsenal-top-four-odds-2018-19

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Idk about whether it's optimistic, but the games before the interlull are must wins, IMO.

crazy150 repped this.
  8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. I heard it mentioned on a podcast, but it sounded like something that one of the pundits coined.

p.s. This match is on NBCSN

9. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess on lineup...

------------------ PAE -----------------
    Iwobi ----------- Ozil ----------- Miki
    ------- Torreira ------- Duzzy -------
    Nacho - Sokratis - Mustafi - Licht
    ------------------ Cech -----------------

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that you bench Bellerin but not Ozil. Both would be fairly justified IMHO. If Ozil plays he needs to get out of his own way, and get back to what he's capable of. If not, let someone else have a chance. Mhki too has to *really* improve his consistency... last game he was schizo.

11. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a depth issue at the #10 and wing. You have to make choices.

Personally I would sit Ramsey a bit to make him think about the contract situation. If he doesn't want to sign, sell him abroad or try to flip him to ManU for Martial.

Ozil is looking bad too but he will be harder to move and I really think he needs to play as a #10 in this scheme to be effective. I guess you could sit him and play Miki there but then who plays wing? PAE, Nelson?

Miki isn't perfect but he tends to work harder so I left him in.

12. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Agree on ozil, but I think mikis offensive output was pretty good aside from the miss. 5 chances created, one goal, one assist. Defensively he needs to be better I agree. Ozil has been poop, but this seems like an ozil matchup to me.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is project 24?

14. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should've gone all in and went with Freedom 35

maskito and Quentin repped this.
  16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For whomever put their main goal for the season as avoiding relegation, this match is for you. It's a right old 6-pointer!

17. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing I thought. [emoji23] I figure we have the same odds of Project 24 working out.

Shen-O repped this.
  18. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on the Ramsey thing. It wouldn't really make sense to work towards "Building the team around him" if he'll be gone after this year.

19. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    First priority: win the game by more than one goal. Second priority: win the game by one goal.

That's it. For this one, I don't care about who plays, how we play, or a point gained. We simply have to win. I don't necessarily believe the disaster scenarios about Emery losing the locker room or the board room early, or players downing tools, but I don't want to find out. WIn this game, and take the disaster scenarios out of play.

The 24 point thing is more likely that we might be supposing. Even some of Wenger's bad teams could end a run like this with 24 or 22 points. But it's still irrelevant and premature. We're not doing that either if we don't beat West Ham.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack Wilshere's Greatest Hits!!! Look at what's NUMBER ONE on the charts!!!

21. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So emery is sticking w the 4 2 3 1
    This formation sucks. U have two CDM s that can't pass. Xhaxa and the kid w the David Luiz hair. somehow he leap frogged the more experience n better passer n stronger elneny.

22. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not play your strength s.
    2 fowards..Ab + LacZ.

AB Lacz
    Iwobi ozil miky
    Elneny
    Monrealbad Sokra Litch Bell

Yes I know Litch is a LB but mustafi is garbage.
    Let me know if I'm crazy guys.

23. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can see this. Emery has shown that he's not afraid to hook players if they're not performing, so Ramsey will make an appearance in place of Ozil if the latter isn't doing the business. I want to see Torreira from the start and Xhaka hasn't been anything other than ordinary so far. Bellerin has been very poor defensively in the first couple of games so the manager should put Lichtsteiner in to ram home the point that no-one's place is secure. I wouldn't mind seeing Leno for Cech and Holding for Mustafi either, but I don't think the manager will make so many changes.

24. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Guendouzi has been our best passer so far, so i don't know what your on about. Xhaka has been poor but not solely because of his passing has been off. Neither are DMs although Guendouzi leads the league in tackles+interceptions.

You are crazy!

25. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ElNeny is a "better passer" if you value back and side passes. If you value forward passes he may be our worst MF option. He is a decent backup as a DM but honestly I'd rather sell him and find a young HG option to take that spot.

You are crazy.
    No way Licht should be playing CB. If you wanna bench Mustafi then you bring in Holding/Mavro to get a shot.
    ElNeny is one of our better defenders in the MF but he would be killed with the lack of help he got from that MF lineup.