Professional Development Leagues thread

Discussion in 'England' started by The Guardian, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's a bit of a reach, the kid's 16, Leicester are in the PL and have strong depth in central midfield. No need to rush.

2. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah was gonna say, at 16 thats gotta be some kid to break into an EPL team

3. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He has just turned 17 and I am not saying that they should chuck him in there, but once there EPL status has been secured come the end of the season I don't think it unreasonable to think that they would give him some game time if he is a legit talent.

4. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Arsenal U18 0 - 2 Tottenham U18

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Casey Palmer looked a really top player on Friday night for Chelsea u18s, but for now is down the pecking order. Tammy Abraham also in a similar position but with the strikers, impressed and scored a good goal. Chalobah started at centre back and did fine. Chelsea were 2-0 up and cruising, seemingly taking their foot of the peddle after playing high quality football. Towards the end Fulham sprung into life playing really good fast flowing football and pulled back to 2-2 with Chelsea now looking like mugs. Both teams went for the win with the game flowing back and forth. It appeared to be heading for a draw but four minutes into injury time Dasilva scored from a cracking shot/bit of a chip into the far corner.

A great advertisement for youth football.

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chalobah was really impressive; they rate him extremely highly and you'll see a lot more of him in the second half of the season.

Kyle Scott was MotM though, he's been superb lately.

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Scott is with the USA though isn't he?

8. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He hasn't been for a while, can't remember who he was last capped by but he's just as likely to play for England as he is them. Hasn't been capped for ROI since he was 15 so think that's less likely and Italy would be remarkable if he ever got called up by them.

9. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    1st April 2014 I think was the last time he got called up but don't know if he played or not.

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    With the Youth Cup in mind, a very strong Chelsea u18 side beat Dan Crowley's Arsenal 3-0 this afternoon - Solanke 2, Abraham 1.
    Abraham has now scored 18 for the season.

11. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Think its a bit of a mystery why he hasnt been called up for the under 18's? Surely he has to be called up soon.

12. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was called up in October, wasn't in the most recent squad though.

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Unusually we are well off for quality forwards in this group. Still you can't have too many and if he continues to put them away at such a rate....

14. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yep, my bad, forgot about that

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Liverpool u19s needed to win 2-0 against Basel to go through to the knock out stage. They went 2-0 up late on when late sub Phillips put in a dangerous cross (instead of the usual too high ones) for an easy goal. Then Sinclair made it certain, using the dying art of nutting the ball into the net to make it 3-0. There was also a very good early opening goal by Kent to set them on their way.

16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just noticed Arsenal are through as well with a 3-1 win against Galatasaray.

17. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Arsenal youth sides seem to be struggling a bit. Their u21s lost their second division game against Bolton last night 3-1.

18. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I see Chesterfield youth beat Villa 3-2 in the FA youth cup which I guess is considered a shock.

19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Villa's academy has really regressed in recent years. No idea why but results on the pitch and limited production speaks volumes.

20. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Disappointed to see Chelsea not going with any of the young kids tonight, thought at least RLC would make the bench but obviously Mourinho really wants to win the League Cup!

21. khoazany

khoazany Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't expect Josh to give the kids serious minutes in any competition unless he (not "we") feel they're ready to challenge for a spot in the squad with their seniors.Winning mentality is far more important for him.

22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The unheralded and down the pecking order (somewhat) Kasey Palmer continues to have an impressive spell. Again today he showed he has what it takes to make it.

Chelsea u21s beat Norwich 5-0 - Sloanke had a quiet unimpressive game but popped up with another two goals.

24. khoazany

khoazany Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have always been impressed by Palmer whenever I've seen him.

25. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently Callum Roberts impressed tonight for Newcastle under 18's. Just going to print a section of a report in the mail which had me foaming at the mouth to think we have our own Messi in the makings! ;)

Callum Roberts was the pick of the bunch for the visitors and, while he didn’t score, the 17-year-old forward did enough to suggest Peter Beardsley’s comparison to Lionel Messi isn’t as far-fetched as it sounds. A low centre of gravity with a left boot coated in superglue, Roberts teases defenders in much the same manner as the Barcelona star and is held in high regard on Tyneside.