Professional Development Leagues thread

Discussion in 'England' started by The Guardian, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Clarke, Akpan, Thomas, Webster and Soonsup-Bell are all U15.

http://surreyschoolsfa.co.uk/county-teams/boys-under-14

I believe Newton, Soglo, Camis, Gee, Munroe and Eze from that list are all at Chelsea too.

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Great stuff. Only other name I recognise there is Delano Bailey who is at Fulham.

Building a database from u14s to u16s that Kai started so quite a lot of names and sorting.

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  3. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    For the Man Utd fans who didn't see this. Quite interesting how they arranged this from 14s to 16s.

Shoretire and Forson couldn't go in the end as with England.

[​IMG]

4. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Looks like Fulham v Reading is a QF this week in the south.

Pretty sure Derby won their group or at least qualified with some of the results they got.

Obviously in addition to City and pretty sure Stoke came 2nd in that group.

5. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    What I know for Albert Phelan Cup.

NORTH

Nottm Forest v Man City
    Newcastle v Blackburn
    * Blackburn have a game in hand in the group and if they win by a certain margin they could go top ahead of Forest to change QFs.

Sunderland v Derby
    Aston Villa v Man Utd

SOUTH

Arsenal v Tottenham
    Crystal Palace v Reading

Pretty sure Charlton won their group with West Ham 2nd and they will play QFs in a group from Chelsea, West Brom, Swansea, Cardiff.

6. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    West Ham beat Charlton today to top their group and play WBA in QFs which means it most likely is Chelsea v Charlton in the other.

kbarrett2316 and David Hurford repped this.
  7. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Blackburn drew 1-1 with Liverpool at weekend and I think won the group in u14 Albert Phelan so would play Man City at home in next round knockout. Forest finished second and are away at Newcastle.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  8. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1158 Garibaldi11, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Thanks mate. Big shock for Liverpool. Terence Miles, Isaac Mabaya, Tommy Pilling, Ethan Ennis, Cuba Dilboe etc

Father of Finlay Hampson at Blackburn ? Is he u15s or u14s ?

9. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    No mate I’m not.
    They all played at weekend but not sure if Ethan Ennis did. All v good players. Cuba in Particular had a solid game with Terrence next to him at CB.

Forest results are what knocked Liverpool out
    Lost 3-0 and 3-1 to them I believe.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    They beat Blackburn 3-1 too so must have dropped points against Sheff Wed & the other fixture v Blackburn. Quite a few 05 born are key players for Forest. Newcastle will be a tough game.

11. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    Blackburn results
    6-1 v sheff wed W
    2-2 v Liverpool D
    1-0 v forest W
    4-2 v sheff wed W
    3-1 v forest L
    1-1 v Liverpool D

Forest have some good players they had a combative defensive midfielder and an excellent centre half and they played to
    Their strengths. The coaches were clued up reduced the size of the pitch massively on the AstroTurf and was an 8 a side pitch at best. Was a 12 yard box not an 18 yard box and you could shoot from half way. They were more physical than rovers on the day and turned it into a battle and scored two late goals to kill them off. One was excellent free kick by a left footer. They had a tall striker they utilised well on the small pitch.
    They needed the win v rovers to Definately qualify. When they played rovers at brockhall Blackburn should have been well in front by half time and dominated the ball but forest had some good chances themselves second half due to Blackburn’s poor chance conversion. They got a penalty in last ten minutes to eventually win the game. Looking at Newcastle results from their group though I think they could be too strong offensively and also having home advantage but you never know. Newcastle scored 30 goals in their group!

Forest drew twice with sheff wed 0-0
    Liverpool drew with sheff wed 0-0 and also beat them 4-0.

Blackburn v city will be a good game. City won there 2-0 earlier in the season.

I reckon that side of the draw is between Newcastle and Sunderland personally

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1162 Garibaldi11, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    This Forest team has done pretty well through the age groups.

Forest team for Blackburn was.

Bott
    Simpson Bullock McAdam(c) Morgan
    Tucker Carter J.Powell Nadin
    Hanks
    Osong

Alex Li was the fast dribbler off the bench as an u13. The LB Morgan is also u13 and really good getting forward and back (reminds me of Bondswell). Both have added even more to our squad. I would start Li in place of Hanks and go 4-3-3 like they did v Liverpool with Tucker pulling strings with his dribbles/nutmegs and creativity ahead of Carter/J.Powell & front 3 of Osong Nadin Li.

Think only really Hanks/Osong have a presence and Hanks I previously knew as a CB or CM.

The left-footer from the free-kick was Josh Powell. Super combative and scores cracking goals and runs forward with the ball. Think he scored a brace v Liverpool. Could be talking about Carter or him as the defensive midfielder ? Carter like J.Powell small but he keeps the ball moving and reads the game excellently and 1v1 he rarely loses. McAdam is very good. Scored 2 free-kicks for our 16s on Saturday. Comfortable at CB or CM.

All are 05s bar Bott, Hanks, Nadin and Osong (I think) so it is a fairly young side.

Forest have played this Newcastle team and beaten them before but I agree going up to their place will be tough. Bobby Clark (Pretty sure he is 05?) is a player that seems rated.

Sunderland I reckon will be the team to beat in the north. Not sure of this City group is as strong as the one's around them (ie 17s, 16s,15s,13s) ? Katongo and O'Reilly the stand-outs ?

Charlton were u13 south winners in 2017/18. Interesting to see how that section goes. Palace were thrashing Spurs and Millwall and scoring 7 each time in the process so they could be one's to watch. West Ham/Chelsea might be favourites though.

13. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019
    The captain mcadam really impressed me both games. Got leadership
    Qualities and can play. In the second game it was no 4 I think he was DM that impressed me. Stocky athletic player with excellent work rate throughout the game and no nonsense. The free kick was excellent strike and as soon as left his boot knew it was in. Also the third goal
    Was a good finish. I think that Alex li came on as sub and caused problems.

Blackburn struggled first half There was no space in between the lines As such a small pitch so 4-4-1-1 didn’t work. They were much better second half when went 4-3-3 and dragged themselves back into the game. Rovers managed to get no 10 into the game and onto the ball to create chances.

Bobby Clark is a good player they also have a striker that plays in the 16s and scored goals. Be a good test for forest tight defensive unit.

We beat them 5-1 earlier in the season but it was Definately not the Albert phelan side they had out.

Sunderland another good side. I fancy them to win this section as well. Won every group game. But saying that be interesting in one off knockout games against stronger opponents. They have derby next and not sure how strong they are. I know rovers drew 1-1 with them in national
    Quialfiers last week at stoke but was parent free.

City are a quality footballing side very well coached. Some good players as well. Like you say Nico o reilly is quality player. Jadel is so cool and calm at the back. Matty whittingham is quality left sided player. Rico Lewis another quality player down the right side. If rovers can stop their passing patterns they have half a chance as city conceded a fair few in the group.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Reading U23 beat United 3-1 last night. Loader with a treble. His U23 record this year has been ridiculous, hitting a level that very few players have hit without becoming real top players.

Terrible United U23 side mind. But Reading had Boyce-Clarke + Olise playing so it wasn't like they were just an old grizzled U23 side.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1165 Garibaldi11, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Forest have put big scores past Derby before but think their group is getting better.

Got a forward from Birmingham/Holland who plays 16s Sebagabo. Also Kellan Gordon's younger brother Kaide who has his pre-scholar. Him and the left-back Riley Moloney been playing in their successful floodlit cup side too. Also have some other decent players (Zion Nisbett, Harry Dale). They beat Spurs 8-1 the other day at Spurs (not sure how much that means as Palace beat Spurs 7-2 in Albert Phelan cup the week before).

So Sunderland will be in for a test.

Think you right on City conceding goals. They conceded a bit to Newcastle and Leeds. I know their last game was a 5-5 draw with Leeds that kept Leeds .

16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Should hopefully see Laird and Mengi in their 23s team before the end of the season. What a breath of fresh air Solskjaer has been. Just going back to club culture.

17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Trying to get more on the u15 Floodlit Cup

18. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    First AP Cup QF was in the north.

Sunderland 4 Derby County 0

Strong Sunderland group. Other players too.

Ryder Walsh Okoronkwo
    ............Jones
    ....... Cain.....MF
    LB......CB....CB......RB
    ........ Hewitson

19. FrankHampson

FrankHampson Member

Man United
    England
    Feb 25, 2019

That’s a good result. Won all their group games as well. They are going to take some stopping in the northern side of the draw.

20. MarkHackney1

MarkHackney1 New Member

Arsenal
    Italy
    Oct 30, 2018
    In the U15 Floodlit Cup

Wigan beat Middlesboro on pens

Looks like Reading beat Fulham

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #1171 Garibaldi11, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    It's good. They won the u13 International Tournament last year so got to be the one's to beat.

The other QF yesterday.

FrankHampson repped this.
  22. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Louie Cooper the Reading captain + penalty taker is Jake Cooper's (Milwall CB + ex Reading Academy kid) nephew.

23. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

24. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    FLOODLIT CUP

Everton v Newcastle tonight