Primera Division de Honduras: Torneo Apertura 2008

Discussion in 'Central America' started by jcvf90, Jul 26, 2008.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Well I will attempt to run a thread for the whole torneo apertura see how it goes, lets make informative with not much opinions. Feel free to help me out I will do my best.:)

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Jornada 1:
    Saturday
    Victoria vs Motagua 7:30 pm Ceiba
    Marathon vs Platense 7:30 pm San Pedro
    Domingo:
    Real Juventud vs Vida 2:00 pm Santa Barbara
    Olimpia vs Hispano 3:00 pm Tegus/Comayagua
    D.Savio vs R.Espana 3:00 pm Ocotepeque

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Marathon vs Platense:
    Los del marathon, have a sick offense with the Uruguayan Sosa managing the midfield plus Tyson and Saul Martinez as strikers. Keosseian is a good coach, he showed it last year getting really close, they will have concachampions to play which might weaken them up liga play, but they have quality in their squad.
    Platense have made alot of strides and have a few players out due to Olympic call ups but the three brazilians is their hope right now, another team whose attack should be hard to stop as the season goes on.
    ANywho the game ended 2-1 with a heck of an ending almost euro style, Marathon when the clock was about to die Orvin Paz freekick to win it. The other Marathon gol was from Saul, both new signings, already paying off. Platense started by winning with a goal by Veloso, entertaing game. Heart breaker for Platense who play Victoria in San Pedro (designated home game for platense as their stadium is being remodeled.)

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Motagua vs Victoria:
    My Ciclon kicked ass 0-4, not by playing the great offensive football they did with primi but with some good build up offense and solid back. Victoria looked shaky but it wasnt as bad as the score denotes. Great futbol Jaime de la Pava implemented for this team. Ruben Rivera(25th min) opened the score and then it went on with two Torlacoff goals(31'st and 46th min).
    Anyways i will attempt to keep this going. For the next Jornada i will go more in depth to every game and Post lineups pregames and depending if am available in game coverage as well as who is reffing and other stuff, feel free to add and help me out.

5. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Motagua did good in their first game but barely won against Hispano. Olimpia hasn't played to his full potential and hopefully they improve. I still say Olimpia will win it.

6. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    yeah, olimpia should be doing better with wat they have.
    Also R.Espana barely got that win yesterday, they were lucky imo.
    THere are alot of good and heartbreaking games, it a good torneo so far.

7. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    So gay how that stupid site rated Honduras' league #83 behind Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala hahahaha... and the MLS was behind Honduras :p

8. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    yeah i read that and laughed, it made my day, the day diriangen beat motagua i will jump off a building, CR league is better and barely, but ES and and Nicaragua. HAHAHAHA the MLS ranking was so funny they are top 25 imo.

9. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Can anyone give me a link to that list? I want to laugh too.

10. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
  11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    i think that the reason motagua is in it b/c they won the uncaf tourney. Next year we prob wont be in it, unless we create an upset against arsenal in la sudamericana.

12. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Good point. Hopefully Olimpia and Marathon can also prove their worth during the CONCACAF Champions Cup.

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    its funny motagua is rated aboves stuttgart, i wonder how many goal mario gomes with rip us apart wit lol.
    Update of the week will come tomorrow, i will post scores of the games some analysis, the league positions, goal leaders and nex jornadas games. BTW 17 days till mexies.

14. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Haha yeah. Motagua tied with Real Juventud though... :S