Press Joins the Beat

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by GaDawg, Dec 2, 2011.

1. GaDawg

GaDawg New Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is fantastic news assuming the league lives long enough for us to see it. I'm surprised though as I know Philly was courting her as well. Wonder how Fitz sold her on it. I'm afraid if we're losing Chalupny that we may have difficulty connecting with her from the midfield.

3. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with you both. Should have happened a year earlier, but still, better late than never. Hopefully, this is the first of many new signings. Is Chalupa leaving a done deal or is there any hope?

4. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Same Coach

Same Philosophy

Same Cheap Owner

Who else is Fitz going to sign? A real Keeper to keep the games close? Two solid MFers to get the ball forward? Another striker? What about Thais (Santos)? Tight #ss Fitz interviewed her last year. There's your second young striker, or is he the one willing to bring Marta in since there are a story that one WPS team might be interested?

I can say their back 4 were ok last season from the games I saw live.

Oh, Did I say, "Same Coach"?

Does Fitz even pay him?

As you can see, I'm not a big Fitz fan.

Hard for players to keep their energy levels up when they don't have enough money for groceries.

Prove me wrong, Fitz.

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    FWIW I saw some people say Galanis bad-mouthed Fitz on Twitter, but when I went to look at Galanis' account I didn't see anything. (Not surprising.) So there may be changes afoot there anyway.

=edit=
    My bad, I just re-checked twitter:
    Galanis bad-mouthed the league, not Fitz. Still wouldn't be surprised if something changes b/c/o that anyway.

6. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    From what I was told, the deal has been completed already. Apparently some teams aren't showing all their cards yet (why, I don't know). I'd love to be wrong, though...

It will be interesting to see how this may affect our draft picks. Don't think Press can work on her own up top, but I'm not sure she'd be able to work with a forward one year her junior (I think she worked well at mJ because she had more experienced forwards to take the pressure off her) so I don't know that Henderson, Leroux or Hagen would be a good compliment. Since Stanford's in town this weekend, maybe Noyola or Levin can look around for some apartments:)

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If the cards fall, and he is willing to put two young forwards up top. I like that better than bring in an Abby or Kai. He still won't spend and the team will be a bit doggy again but at least the could be a bit dynamic up top. That's why i said open the wallet and bring Thais and grab another forward with his #1. Wasnt he suppose to be building last season before he let a lot of young talent go? fitz and his coach have no clue. what happen to that? Thais, Leoux and Press in a 4-3-3? I might become a fitz fan until someone post Atl salaries.

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see a coaching change at all. Unless ATL is ridiculously horrible (worse than last year horrible) and Galanis & Lloyd/Mitts have a falling out or Galanis hits a player or gets into (other) legal trouble.

9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Reaching a bit here, aren't we on Galanis hitting players and what not? Lets just say Fitz won't buy enough of a team to get Atl out of 5th place.

I'd say Draft a Forward and sign Thais 11 (already talked to her and drafted Maurine) or Debra 17 (someone brought her to my attention ;)). All young and cheap and would give him 3 top notch strikers for the price of A-Rod or Abby. His back 4 are ok, and his MF is ok enough to get the ball forward. Still keeperless.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRD6mf5TsM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRD6mf5TsM[/ame]

All specs because he won't do it

10. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Five words that just belong together.