Preki appointed manager

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by gatekeeper2, Jul 8, 2015.

1. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Word here in Sacramento, California is that Preki has been appointed manager of Leicester City:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/mls/article26743135.html
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-cult-figure-preki-9618350
    http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/L...s-slash-odds/story-26864499-detail/story.html

He's been a fantastic manager for Sacramento Republic FC and I'm sure he'll get a huge reception from the fans tonight when we take on Atlas FC, a Mexican top division club. Now that we've back off our 105F temps it should be a great game tonight.

We wish Preki all the best at at the King Power Stadium!

falvo repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm wondering if Milan Mandaric, former San Jose Earthquakes owner/founder and Leicester chairman and the one who brought Preki to the San Jose Grizzlies (indoor team) in 1993 arranged this? He was a great player in MLS winning MVP at 40. I know American soccer is nothing like English football but either way, not bad for an American coach and former US men's national team player who is coaching in America's 3rd tier to go to the EPL.

Good luck to Preki! :thumbsup:
    '
    Preki 'accepts role in UK' & is bookies favourite for Leicester job

USL Roundup: Preki on verge of making history

US legend 'Preki' Radosavljevic leaves Sacramento for job in UK
    [​IMG]

3. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Obviously it's a quantum leap going from the third division in the US to the English prem but I really do believe Preki has it in him to succeed in England.

Of course, you must realize that despite how much I like Leicester City as a club I'm still outraged by the Clattenburg's decision to call a pk against Rafael! Vardy mauled Rafael in the first place and then Rafael barely laid a feather on Vardy and Clattenburg fell for it.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #4 falvo, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    I think it came to a point where no one in MLS cared to appoint him an longer. Its quite an incredible jump to go from USL to EPL, especially for an American based coach. He coached my cousin for a little bit in Sacramento last season and he told me that he was a tough coach. Winning the league in his first year helped but I'm sure he didn't learn all that much coaching in the USL. He did play for over 20+ years and was also part of the 1998 WC team , a two time MVP in MLS as well as a pretty good coach with Chivas USA so he can at least put that experience to good use.

5. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Talksport is now reporting that it's Claudio Ranieri.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Well don't you two look a pair of prats? You seriously thought someone would go from the US third division to manage in the Premier League?

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I always thought he would last maybe a few months and then get fired but I never really believed it. Judging by the way he was talking and in his interviews , it surely seemed that way. His last game supposedly was on Saturday and he is no longer listed as Sacrament's coach.

9. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It did seem crazy, but then again Preki has some pedigree and for a few days bookies in the UK stopped taking bets. Unless news has broken in the last few minutes he's still rumored to be taking a managing job "in England".

falvo repped this.
  10. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His last game was last Saturday. The boys took the news very hard and fell apart in the second half after dominating the first half and got smoked.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any rumors of which club?

12. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No rumors whatsoever. It was nailed on, allegedly, that he was going to a prem club. But how odd it is that he's left SRFC and there has been no announcement yet where he's going.

13. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bet you guys sure wish you had Preki now....

14. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Yep. Would have won it weeks ago......

glennaldo_sf repped this.