Preasean Match vs Charleston Battery

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by jschwarz, Feb 18, 2019.

1. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were finally able to actually watch a preseason match. FCC won 2-1 with goals from Adi and Mattocks.

The good:
    • Adi was looking much sharper and into the match than I thought he looked all of last year with FCC. He created some good opportunities. He really could have had 3 goals.
    • Mattocks and Watson both were impressive in my opinion. I'm excited to see what they can do through the course of a whole season.
    The bad:
    • Distribution from the defense was terrible. They gave away too many balls and against a team like Seattle, Portland or Atlanta easy give aways in the defensive third will cost goals.
    • The team still needs to gel more. Seems to be a lot of solid individual efforts but it doesn't appear as they understand each others tendencies.
    • It doesn't appear that anyone is stepping up in the central midfield role.
    There are still almost two weeks left until the first match. Let's hope a lot of positive work comes during that time. Based on this match and what I've been reading I don't really have a clue on the starting lineup except for a few players. I would like to think the matches against Chicago and Columbus should give us more of an indication with who Koch is leaning towards.