Pre-World Cup Training at Stanford

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by keller4president, May 14, 2014.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike Evans and Parkhurst, Goodson's comments have not been linked on any of the threads I've been reading. What were they?

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The fact that JK is keeping a half-injured player around actually reinforces the idea that he knew who his 23 were going to be, and makes the declarations by Mike and Clarence more legitimate.

BTW, nothing wrong with the coach having his 23 already in mind when calling the 30, IMO.

3. an1310

an1310 Member+

Jun 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm sure he knew who his 23 were, but wanted to be sure. (i.e. Omar okay?, Brooks keeping end-of-year Hertha form?, can Corona offer us anything Mix can't?, why aren't these pins in this LD10 doll working?)

4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Why are coaches so interested in messing with players positions? Chandler has the best cross at the professional level for any right back in the history of the USMNT. FJ at LB or LM has the best cut back into the midfield of any LM or LB we have ever had. Both are sophisticated players (Chandler, I hope has matured since his last international match) that have both quality and qualities that benefit: jozy and dempsey in the box and attacking 3rd, help Jones and Bradley with recovery speed.

Remains to be seen, but i don't get all the mucking about in the two positions we seem to have clear superiority in the group.

5. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Should'a had the training camp in Miami. Would'a had both Haitian voodoo shops AND Cuban santeria shops ready for consultation.

Plus, excellent training for the heat and humidity in Brazil.

Plus, Fat Landon would'a become Just Landon. (You know, b/c of the heat and humidity --> weight loss)

Now, if any of you ****ers take this post seriously, I'mma sick some Babalu, Yemanya, and some Oshun on you. ;)

6. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Sounded like he did alright to me...I think it's more he just needs better cleats since he was slipping.

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    When I have time I'll post my own voodoo doll experience (YA gameday thread, Sunderland v Manchester United Cup game) - half funny, half bizarre - still really haven't come to terms with it.

8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't limping or anything, so it didn't look injury related but who knows. No brace or anything.

Could have been just bad shoes.

9. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009

Hararea repped this.
  10. huckleberry123333

Jul 17, 2013
    Namdynamo and bkn0528 repped this.
  11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    From the March to Brazil Doc it looks like Jordan Morris was training with the US squad, I think he's on the bench in a US warm up in-between Ramos and Guzan while the 23 scrimmages SJ's reserves. In fact he gets a headed assist off a Zusi cross that Clint cleans up.

12. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates on training? Where are the boys right now?

13. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    They're on the east coast already. Judging by the picture of the NYC skyline that was tweeted by Yedlin, looks like they're staying in NJ, probably Hoboken (a lot of visiting teams going to play at Red Bull Arena stay at the W in Hoboken which has a view like that posted by Yedlin). Not even sure if they are training on Friday as it seems to be a media blitz day, with Good Morning America and various other things going on throughout the day. Saturday is an open practice at Red Bull Arena.

jeffmefun and TimB4Last repped this.
  14. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a picture of him on the bench at Stanford, wearing a US MNT training kit, floating somewheres around BS.

And... I heard on good authority recently that Morris smoked Goodson & scored at one point during a full side scrimmage there at Stanford...