Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    maybe Tony sent him... not sure but I think it was him who watches plenty of Gridiron... then again Jantschke isn't much of a receiver...
    but Garropolo towards Embolo?... they will call them the Lo-Los...

they are thoroughly scouting that's for sure... the times the signed Damian Mori from Australia because of a vid, and it was just ONE vid, are gone... nowadays we have youtube for this ;-)
    but this is a Joe-Scally-is-a-nice-guy-vid... I needed the hard facts, like: is he straining the ball of his foot in the right way when running? Is he fighting back when the opponent has grabbed his balls? Is he already able to sing "Die Elf vom Niederrhein"? Faultless?
    got half an hour (Open Cup) so far which made him second to Agu I heard (hope Joe's career is evolving in a 'different' way)
    never watched more MLS than last season but if he gets reasonable playing time this record will be crushed

p.s.:
    Bethlehem? Too bad! I just like the tradition!
    the Sultan of Swat, the Galloping Ghost, the Manassa Mauler, Man-o-war and STEEL!
    the good old times when I was in the prime of my life! I remember as if it was yesterday! [no I don't, strangely enough 'Soccer in a Football World' is on my desk]... maybe Bethlehem is just not made for soccer... even in their prime they attracted huge crowds on the road but NOT at home... and Fall River was better supported because of the 'American' Design while Steel had a more 'British' design (despite being initiated by a German: "a business man of questionable ethics... he was also a philantrophist"... well that's a near-extinct species)

p.p.s.
    club of the day: "The Young Men's Catholic Total Abstinence Society FC of Massachusetts" (I didn't make that up!)

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bethlehem is not that large a town--take it from a former eastern PA guy....

3. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #203 Bananenflanke, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    I knew about today, but I thought Bethlehem was much 'bigger' (absolutely & relatively) back then and has considerably shrunk since then like many cities of the rust belt and the coal&steel Ruhr-region over here... but I checked just >50.000 in the 20s... and still they toured Scandinavia in 1919 and the Kings of Sweden and Denmark granted their manager an audience!

... well, back to Bundesliga:
    Leipzig 3-0 (away)
    Dortmund 4-0 (away)
    Bayern 6-1
    ... they are coming after us!

p.s..
    as a matter of fact people who are called 'Freddy Agu' do exist on this planet but the one I meant is known as 'Freddy Adu'...

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #204 Bananenflanke, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Arrrrgh!, would have been very happy with one point and we were close… first goal of the diesel-fraudsters was off-side though… german video-refs are a disaster...

the match was grist to the mill for people who think midfield is too weak...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both goals were very fishy...first was deffo offside !
    How on earth is the VAR system getting it all wrong all the time??
    :speechless::confused::speechless:

6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Marco:

By now, somebody should have told you your new squad doesn't bunker to win. If you think you can absorb and walk away with one point.......

you will continue to leave with none.

tia;
    LS

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, it was a nice run. We shall see what happens when we don't have as many games as the top sides who are still in Europe. We should be fresher.

8. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    in a classy high-speed match (incl. a wonderful Brandt-goal) BVB and RB split points (one of the possible three points vanished into the orbit, great!) yesterday which isn't bad at all for us... admittedly the level of play frightenend me a little bit... then again Favre has still not succeeded to break the habit of his defence to give away chances & goals in santa-style

P'born today isn't as easy as it looks... they are clearly lacking 'quality' but they are far from acting stupid or naive and far from classic-bunker style ... if you aren't focused and aggressive they are gonna exploit it

roster:
    stays as it is... the current depth is needed because of future injuries and competitive pressure (says Eberl), more depth isn't needed at all because of a) they are fine with the squad anyhow, b) team chemistry and c) this isn't KICKER-manager-game where you can move players by mouseclick (says Eberl)
    [I guess he fibbed at one point...]

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree teams like PB are never easy especially for us...it has been proven. The boys have to take this game super important. This is one of those games that the result can come back and hunt us if we don't pull our socks up!

:thumbsdown::confused::speechless::eek::Do_O:rolleyes::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::devilish::devilish::alien::alien:

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    well, it‘s what we call an ‚Arbeitssieg‘ over here, an unglamorous win based on labour only
    Rose changed six players (that‘s depth!) and trusted in the ‚old‘ Hecking team!
    (too bad, Prealps FC was very close to give away another two points in Freiburg yesterday)

Jantschke has it all right:
    „It was a high intensity game. We can certainly play better football than that. I don’t think I’ve come up against many sides with as many quick attackers as Paderborn have. The game was on a knife edge in the first half. Paderborn had two or three really dangerous attacks and we made a couple of last-ditch tackles in the box. We wanted to be more aggressive after the break. The goal right at the start of the half shows you what high pressing can get you; we caught Paderborn out.“

clearly the momentum isn‘t on our side at the moment, BUT:
    + we‘ll finish 2nd (at least) after Hinrunde
    + no team will have won more games after Hinrunde
    + there is a chance of a ‚new‘ momentum when Rückrunde starts
    my hat's off to training staff, team and club leadership!

still one match to go, after change of coaches Hertha seems to be on upwinds right now… I‘m a little bit surprised because I appreciate Klinsmann‘s playing career and his demolishing of encrusted structures in German soccer but like many over here I see him more as a promoter than a great coach
    anyway, just off the plane he created a new position in the club: the PERFORMANCE MANAGER
    (Arnd Zeigler immediately prompted him to create additional new positions like ‚Chief Muscle Arranger‘, 'Equipment Supervisor', 'Executive Travel Navigator' (bus driver) or 'Corner Flag Stylist'

Herrmann (laughing) about now being the most substituted (140 times) player in Bundesliga history:
    "I finally have this record. I think I will also expand it. At the latest in the new year.“
    [not long ago I thought it would best for him (and the club) if he would look out for new challenge, well I was wrong (again)… what can be achieved with a change of guards! and anyway: fortunately soccer stays fast-moving which makes it that fascinating]

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Ginter: "I guess it made the spectators sleepy. It was difficult, Hertha was very low, shifted well and run a lot. We didn't make it through there. We only did better in a short phase in the second half, because we had one or two chances to score. Overall, the victory would have been undeserved. ” ...
    "After Wolfsburg we asked ourselves why we didn't take the point with us. Now we've done that, but honestly it doesn't feel exhilarating either."

Klinsmann told before that DEFENCE is the watchword... and his players obeyed: 0 (zero) shots on goal (one ball hit the crossbar)

Kramer asked about (apparently Borussia's) goals for next year:
    "Well, I always try to eat less sweets."

Rose: "We are not at the end."

well, the year is ... see you next decade!
    merry christmas and happy new year!

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Merry belated xmas guys i know its coming late but very busy at the moment...also wish u all a great New Year to come...for all of our family and loved ones as well.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LuckyStriker and kgilbert78 repped this.