Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    and recently MLS is even discussing German flags of 1931 in American SOCCER! stadiums (who would have thought back then? a stadium just for soccer? absurd!) ... I read this in DIE WELT today https://www.welt.de/sport/article20...-Symbol-von-1931-spaltet-den-US-Fussball.html ... yes, it's a strange world ...
    [by the way I'm now an MLS-expert... I've read two books about MLS in the last weeks... I'm looking for someone who's certifying my expertise... an expert for European standards only, of course, it wasn't very time-consuming ;-))))]

2. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    young talent match vs. Belgian KV Mechelen this week [the more 'interesting' personal issues are highlighted]:

Borussia:
    Brüll (46. Zich) - Hoffmanns (46. Adigo), Bongard (46. Gaal), Lieder, Kurt (55. Bekker) - Christiansen (46. Niehues), Herzog (46. Santana Soares, a born New Yorker), Sabani - Italiano (46. Schroers), Pfalz (60. Asallari) - Steinkötter (60. Villalba)

Tore: 0:1 Bosiers (57., HE), 1:1 Villalba (66.), 2:1 Villalba (72., FE)

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that any relation to Andi Herzog?

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    naa, not that I know of, Aaron is German not Austrian
    has already trained with the professionals and showed some prospect
    Andreas Herzog currently is the national coach of Shon Weissman, who hopefully isn't gonna score this evening... maybe they'll only field one striker (?)

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the home-weakness is gone!
    uhm, technically at least... we had to fought tooth and nail... not exactly an impressive response to thursday's debacle I would say but a nice finish at least
    it was shaky and will stay shaky for some time but right now there are only two teams with more points than Borussia! not that bad for something still in its infancy!
    (always keep in mind: there are three clubs ahead in Bundesliga, the rest has a lot of problems on their own)

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two good goals when the opposite goalie played very well (made 11 des Woche in Kicker). I will not complain about that. The team has some attacking depth for the first time in a while.

7. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Didn't want to say anything here before you had a chance to watch your recording. (Non-ruin clause in effect when I know......:cool:)

I watched this thing, aghast for most of it. The soccer is..........not good Bob. Was told coach would be flexible considering what he inherited / time etc. Not really seeing that. Round hole square peg tactics continue.

Want to take a sec to join you in congratulating the Downingtown kid in goal for them. He's one of our own........and one of your own Ken! :D
    Had a good performance-made Patrick Herrmann question the meaning of his existence with that first half stop :ROFLMAO:

MT finally came through x2 to steal it and save more embarrassment late.

Talked about it a bit in the summer, joked about it even but think I want to seriously advocate for it now.
    BMG should do what it can to steal Monteiro from the Phila. Union come January. Diamond needs so much help to work. This guy is playing 3 of the positions for us-only because he hasn't been asked to play all 4. Diamond Head isn't his forte.........but he still plays it better than anyone on my club, and from this vantage point-yours either.

Dutch-not N.American so no reason to hate on him. Loan expires at season's end, reverting back to FC Metz. If you can't outbid us for him, revoke your charter. Hell; once he realizes he's surrounded by incompetence, bring Tanner too! *Can't stand Eberl. You decide to change everything because what you have isn't good enough...........but don't provide the means to implement it?

Tanner saw what was happening here couldn't work
    1 game into the season, and then went about correcting it as best as he could to make it possible for us to play the way he came in here demanding. Getting used to working without any appreciable resources could only help him there:whistling:

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wife was taking a nap yesterday, so it was a good time to watch--but I fast forwarded through much of it.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In retrospect; Like Sam Adams.............always a good decision !:thumbsup:

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ok, this is scary!
    if we win tomorrow we lead the league! not only by goals, by points!
    we would be two ahead of the Hoenesses (who shreddered Tottetino this week due to clinical finishing and today lost to Hoppenheim, a team we easily have beaten on their own pitch last matchday), we would be two ahead of Leipsch and Vizekusen and four ahead of Favre (they also have a mentality problem!)
    Bundesliga has become such a suckers' league ;-))))))

ok, no reason to get overexcited, usually on this occasions the team is moving into a look-what-a-beautiful-opportunity-we-have-that's-pretty-enough-no-need-to-make-it-really-happen-this-would-be-too-much-of-a-good-thing fairway!
    also, the matchtime is interfering with my ritual sunday nap, what shall I do?
    I know what's gonna happen: I'll watch and afterwards I'm annoyed about myself (ok, I'm used to that)! ;-))))

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can't run with Leipzig, so I won't be fooled again.................

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just me, but the first time I see a " Liver-lite" 4-3-3 with an energetic press, all the "missing energy" miraculously returns! Guys actually looked like they understood how they should play.............eerie.

No doubt Augie helped.........their keeper had a rough one to be sure. Yet; the passing looked intentional, and everybody was contributing.

It was all too good to be true, and it was-because inevitably they had to give 1 up while half the defense broke.

Hope #18 & #28 will be OK.

Zak & Laz continue to show they belong in any system. Plea showing off the versatility.
    First for a fortnight...............and that's more like it ! :thumbsup:

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont u agree...in my country there is a saying about the likes of him" these kind of ass wipes...the type that where born with a golden ring around their ass" Not that Ill put Rose nowhere near that guy in terms of class...but ..unless your post went over my head ?:eek::thumbsdown::whistling::cautious::thumbsdown:

16. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and yours might have gone over mine, be we also have a saying in sports: "if you ain't cheatin'-you ain't tryin'"-and if Rose could get anywhere near that guy's career there......"ain't nobody be complainin'"..............:laugh:

btw: Marco is already drawing votes to take over ManUre in certain circles. Desperate entitled cnuts are desperate..................:)

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, has anyone noticed that the team seems to be doing a "new" entry song. Seems to be "Die Seele Brent" pregame rather than "Die Elf vom Niederrhein".

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    this was communicated at the start of the season, the idea came from the fan-projects, not the club
    "Die Elf vom Niederrhein", which I like more, is still there but preceding "Die Seele brennt"

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #145 Bananenflanke, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    so, two very comfortable (and unfamiliar ;-) weeks at the top of the league will (most likely) come to an end today
    'most likely' I wrote but more than 100.000 KICKER-voters give Gladbach a surprising 32% winning chance (D'mund 47%)... sounds v-e-r-y optimistic to me, given our own shakiness and inconsistency
    well, BVB has it's own problems: three 2-2 draws in a row against the so called 'weaker' teams (after being 2-1 ahead each time) ... and the mentality issue... some media & supporters, always in hyperbole, are already having a go at Favre's chair legs (while Eberl and Herrmann publicly supporting Favre)
    but they performed best against the 'stronger teams', they should have beaten Barcelona and they overwhelmed L'kusen 4-0
    I hope Alcacer isn't match ready and Hazard isn't gonna score (KICKER interestingly had a "The Loss of Hazard? Not for a second an issue in Gladbach"-line)
    Lainer, Hofmann and el capitano Stindl might be able to play (I don't expect them, at least not in the starting line up) and WZ thinks Doucouré could start (pure nonsense to me)

sometimes during this festive days my subconscious mind prompted me to exclaim "Spitzenreiter, Spitzenreiter" several times ... on the sidewalk, at the supermarket cashier and at a birthday party... I got uncomprehending Is-This-Guy-Retarded?-Looks but the knowing smiles I also got made up for it ;-)
    and then there was this kid who came along on his bike wearing a Borussia-outfit and I said 'Gladbach' and he said 'Spitzenreiter!" ;-)

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/borus...gh-speed-attack-is-dominating-the-bundesliga/
    wow, 'dominating'?, did I already mention 'hyperbole'? ;-)

Zak: "It’s not that we didn’t (?) have a lack of desire before, but I don’t think we were at it enough."
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...karia-marco-rose-has-given-us-new-desire-7510

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    4-2-1-3 already worked quite well against H'heim (in reaction to their two '10's) for most of the time (in the meantime there was a diamond-dash too as far as I remember)
    I guess the diamond will be back soon... for minutes or for longer... back ... and gone... and back ;-)))... and gone...
    Rose doesn't seem to be interested in this discussion (it's in media and supporter's scene, too)... he seems to be the it's-not-much-of-a-difference kind of guy... and: when-I-start-with-three-in-front-and-the- center-forward-falls-deep-I-in-no-time-at-all-have-a-diamond... at least that's how he sounds in public
    to constantly and predictably do this in front we are a little bit short equipped for my liking.... especially as Traoré and Johnson together can only count for half a player given their medical history... Pleá, Embolo, Thuram, Herrmann... Raffa as part-timer... and Stindl can do this too but may be better suited on '10'
    let's stay flexible I would say...

anyway: Alcacer AND Sancho (disciplinary reasons) out for today... sounds good, left-overs are: Reus, Brandt, Götze, Hazard and Bruun-Larsen... darn! ;-)

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] for the effort anyway. They didn't back down and played hard. Appreciated. If #11 had been on those 1st half opportunities instead of #36 they might have gotten something outta this one. Likewise if Herrmann and Neuhaus weren't...........Herrmann & Neuhaus in the second.

Good to see Lars out there late. Best part of the day was watching VAR taking the poser's goal away.....................

In the end though, the feeling remains Gladbach will lose even if BVB had to play them in wheelchairs. Rose got ejected at the end? Wonder what that was about......................

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea no matter how and where..BVB has our number down...ice cold! :cautious::eek::confused::sneaky:

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was complaining that Favre kept encroaching on his coaches box--which was happening.

Still Tabellenfuehrer!

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany