Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jun 16, 2019.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually i was thinking exactly about that...two solid guys only from our team and they ended up nowhere not even on the bench...but after reading about cuisance's attitude specially in a club such as gladbach that there is no place for such childisshbehaviour..i say good riddence ...too bad all that talent will go down the tude in Hollywood....but they have money to even piss it down the tubes..but for cuisance i see a dark road ahead..if u was bitching about playing time at gladbach good luck even cleaning the locker room at hollywood....for some reason i think that raffa will be a great compliment to our new players if he plays slighty close to midfield!
    :rolleyes::eek:;):thumbsup:
    Btw when will we know about our group in the Europa League:devilish::ninja::alien:

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Europa League, one round of playoff games, home and away, to go. Frankfurt is up vs Strasbourg in the first leg today. So another two weeks or so.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Already it is certain that Borussia Mönchengladbach (29,000) will find himself in the second of the four pots and could meet Sevilla, Arsenal, Porto or ManUnited early on.

o_O:confused::(:sick::sick::sick::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::speechless::speechless:

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #104 Bananenflanke, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Markus Feldenkirchen is a distinguished political journalist over here. He’s doing a morning briefing (usually no sports) for the weekly DER SPIEGEL:

Winner of the weekend... is Mickaël Cuisance. You probably do not know the name, you do not have to remember it either. But his case is interesting. The 20-year-old Frenchman is a professional footballer and by some is regarded as a great talent. Unfortunately, during his time at Borussia Mönchengladbach, you could not see much of it. On the other hand his talent for egocentricity and hubris was clearly visible. He is said to have demanded a regular place guarantee, although, for performance reasons, he lastly almost never made in on the field. With outrageous appearances he reportedly forced a club change. Incidentally, his new club is called Bayern Munich, where the character requirements are less advanced. In Munich Cuisance gets a regular place in the stands at the most, but certainly much more money. His case shows that the lack of decency in the bizarre biotope of professional football can be a big competitive advantage"

[so it comes together what belongs together... moral with the Hoenesses is always double standard]

friday, 30th

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Strobl still out, Kramer ready to play
    AZ expects the same line-up as last match except for Neuhaus moving on Embolo's place and Johnson capturing Neuhaus' position
    RP expects a 4-3-3 with Hermann in front
    more or less everybody ;-) is sure Zak stays on '6' (he did very well against S04)
    4 wins and 2 draws in the last 6 BuLi-matches for Borussia
    Mainz started badly: out of the cup against 3rd tier K'lautern and a 0-3 loss at F'burg

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    oh je! oh je! oh je! oh je! oh je! oh je! oh je! :-(
    nevertheless: three points :) I take them and remain silent...

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets not forget he is a perfect example of the "French" frogs if u will...very disappointed but this kind of personality will destroy a team..i said this as well..at the most he will be a nice bench warmer!

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First win of the season on the road...and a against a solid team.Great job!
    :D;):thumbsup::thumbsup::alien::alien:o_Oo_O:laugh::devilish:

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whenever the game is Klopp on Klopp, the result will always be "Bumper car soccer."

3 things impressed me: The energy and relentless intensity of Mainz "6 to 6" press.
    Their ability to put numerous quality crosses in dangerous areas-and their frightful attempts to direct any on goal.
    The referee.

BMG didn't look like they belonged honestly. They have no conduit up top. It is going to cost them if they don't rectify it by the close of the window. Zak at the back...............living dangerously. How he went 85 minutes before seeing card........:p

Elvedi going off-:confused:- leaves me both questioning the depth of this club again as well as wondering just how much Doucoure has in common with a Chupracabra..........................

Minute 60 gave me pause to hearken back to something I said previously:

Quote:

"One of the F need to be held for fresh legs off the bench. Didn't do much on Saturday, but I think I'm going to prefer Thuram or Breel as the hub, and Plea as the spoke in the wheel." - me.

Yes, my arms are long enough to pat myself on the back.........................:D

Embolo won the game with his "1 on many" bull run to set up a well-worked FK.
    Then; when the quick turnover game finally bore fruit, put it away with a quality take and finish.

He is NOT a #10. Trouble is...............................................:coffee: Bottoms up!

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It wasent a beautiful game to watch fosho...and id say we where a bit lucky.But still too early to see what Rose has in mind.Id keep quite and wait and run away with 3 valuable points.
    Agree about our bench and fresh legs and ourdepth...but this must also worry a coach such as Rose!
    :eek::whistling::rolleyes:

11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You of all people here should know how I'm wired.......;)
    Just not my nature friend.

I'll be "quiet" this week though. Will catch RBL- but am going out of town for a few thereafter.
    Eagerly await your commentary upon my return.

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Points are points....

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe its my english..i wasent ref to u being quite..in general i was saying its 3 points in the bag and on the road so lets just keep going forward and see...i have a lot of trust in rose...its evident in his eys and body language...its almost like he hasent even layed down his basic foundation and thats a kind of coach that ud like to play for...i think this has been Max Eberls best move so far for gladbach history in the past 2 decades if not more...even under favre ..u could see how sneaky and fishy favre could look and act ...he was technical as well but didnt have that "eye of the tiger" Rose does!
    ;):D:thumbsup::alien::devilish::ninja:

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And btw u where on point ( As always ) about our bench and our depth...we have a long ways to go!

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ginter appears to have gotten injured in the Northern Ireland game just now. He was subbed off in the 40th minute. Not good.:(:mad:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not good but also an opportunity for Rose to put our bench and younger players to teast!
    o_O:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may play in Cologne. It appears to be bruised ribs, which are painful (had that once). They still are not sure.

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    we lost against RB (like we 'always' do) and we won against First Longball Club Cologne on their own pitch (like we 'always' do)
    so, it seems nothing has changed
    but it has!
    first half against RB was very strong from our side... then Nagelsmann took action, modified their approach and we suddenly totally lost control... the good thing: the Borussen fought themselves back right into the game and even the equalizier in extra-time was possible...
    very good first half against Goattown, too ... then Borussia lurched a little bit... the difference: the goats don't have RB's quality and they can't modify their approach
    yet, we have to learn to make better use of all the space Cologne kindly served on the table
    but there definitely is something growing... I'm totally positive!

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is just my personal opinion and experience thru the years.A 1-0 win specially on the road and a derby is much a heavier duty than for example winning 4-0.Since i cant even arrange for proper internet,dont ask why ...only lucky knowsthe reason...so u that saw the game...was this a borussia that scored in the early minutes and with superior game plan and better understanding of the opponents game plan managed to keep the goats out of our own square...or it was a combination of too much luck on our side and a very sloppy effze???o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::speechless::speechless:

20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yann came up big at the end. Press game took Cologne out of their game a bit. Algerian didn't look out of place. Thuram continues to. Still can't get over Embolo running the show..................

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So the Algerian did play???howdid u assess him???

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played well enough on the back end. Didn't see him get forward as much-but the final ball was so wayward perhaps I wasn't concentrating on him as the time.

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we were good for the first 70 min or so, but could not get that second goal, which kept the Goats in the game. They pressed pretty good at the end.

One fun thing that happened on Saturday--I had to be out with my wife during part of the game and we stopped at a yard sale on the way home. The folks having the sale had a tv on--it was the Gladbach game. We've come a long way from the time when I had to listen to Deutsche Welle on shortwave to get a score....

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and then my Nittany Lions played similarly against our arch rivals--Pitt--later in the afternoon.

25. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    we faced L'zig: a team with more speed (physically & mentally), better ball control and a clear plan... a team designed to do so over several transfer periods (using a lot of money)... IT SHOWED!
    but given we are in a transformation period right now we looked quite good for let's say 2/3 of the time (the rest of the time we looked like we took a heavy right hand to the chin)
    we faced Cologne: Borussia, an established upper half team vs. an elevator team of the last years, a team with a lot of new players (especially in the control center) and a team which tactically is limited (at the moment)... IT SHOWED! clearly! strangely enough I never feared they would score
    we just put more class on the pitch... one could see our players have more options how to act (it sometimes even looked they had 'too much' options and couldn't decide)... and yes, pressing and transition play are managed with vigour much more often now but obviously Rose isn't simple-minded enough to make this his credo... at the end the players get tired and passing gets sloppy but we had really good possession phases and one could see that combination play, creativity etc aren't gonna be sacrificed on the altar of pressing/counter-pressing
    it's gonna be good... very good, believe me ;-))) [but there is some way to go! finishing f.e. often is still performed in Hazard-mode and there won't be that much open space like saturday very often]

Bense did quite well given he started 'cold' (Wendt was sick) and not warmed up to his teammates... he can play basketball too, he has the height and he knows how to block balls ;-)... he acted clever and forward-looking most of the time... yet, he should stop acting
    Lainer isn't highly-talented technician but he really has the stamina Thuram astonishingly still lacks, when I think of Lainer I think of
    media are once again over-exaggerating: the Embolo of Borussia is not the same as the S04-Embolo (SZ) I read and has to be termed the 'heart' of the team (RP) and his position behind the two in front is tailor made some think
    I like him more and more but for me especially Zak (seems to have conquered the '6') and Sommer are a class of their own right now