Pre-Season & Hinrunde 2019/20

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by Bananenflanke, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    L'equipe thinks the Bensebaini-transfer is very close to happen

LuckyStriker repped this.
  2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to work on the CM transfer(s) then-Hoffmann did his knee in the Pokal. Torn MCL usually means: "see you next year"......................

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ACL, yes. MCL? Not so much. I had a friend who played for a number of years, albeit not pro, without an MCL.... We'll see....

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Kramer thinks he might be an option for the first matchday
    TF thinks Hofmann will be back not later than October

1) new rumors: arrival
    Augsburg's Max (LB, his father scored quite well for Borussia)
    Wöber (Seville, CB/LB?) [don't think this is gonna happen]
    2) new rumors: departure
    there seems to be new trouble with Cuisance... apparently he is offensively demanding more playing time, there are even talks of a 'regular starting place' (I like Cuisance and I want to see him grow into a forthcoming great 'new' Borussia but if the latter is true he'll better go and see a doctor... but honestly? I cannot believe a-n-y-b-o-d-y is nearly as stupid as to demand a guaranteed starting place)
    and know what? before you can say "Cui..." there is a B*yern rumor popping up (fortunately only tabloits so far)

5. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    acc. to KICKER medical check for Bensebaini today
    so, rumors 1) from above are dead, I hope the same is true for rumor 2)

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That means that it likely was not an ACL. That would have been months.

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Cuisance: some already have their hankerchiefs out to wave goodbye
    at the PC today both Eberl and Rose commented "let's wait and see where the (his?) journey is heading"... this sounds like a departure being more likely than not
    Eberl: "all doors are open"
    Eberl told that the club and the Cuisance-party have talked a lot over the last weeks but he avoided any further details... Eberl seemed to me like somebody who has had enough and who isn't interested in further talks anymore... seems C. overstepped some boundaries and Eberl -by now- sees Cuisance more as a nuisance than anything else... too bad, and I really don't understand why this is happening just NOW... considering the new coach, the new system and Hofmann's injury: isn't it a little bit early for C. to see his hopes dashed?
    Rose: "There is no turbulence. Everything is good and smooth. It's not about my feelings or Mika's. It's only about the success of the team against S04."

Bensebaini: given the frequency of his bookings it seems he's the one who has to teach the opponent manners if they are going rough... some supporters are already calling him 'Sensebeini' (~ scythebone or scythe-leg)
    our one and only Algerian 'legend' (no, not really ;-) Karim Matmour told Bensebaini learned to kick ball barefoot... not because they had no shoes, no, because the academy in Algiers liked to do it this way... and they liked to run their 14-year-olds against men's teams... ok, that explains a lot... and don't the Berber people share some genes of the vandals? back in the good old days in the years of 4xx I guess... yes, we craved for bite and body and Eberl gave it to us... quadruply!
    [the only fear I have: Lainer and Sense both being banned for half of the season]

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont likeCuisanceleaving one bit:(
    I was also sure he is the kind of man Rose would love to go to battle with!!!
    :(:confused::eek::cautious::ninja:

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reading today Milan are looking to take Flo, but not this year. Next-when he's in the last yr. of contract..................:rolleyes:

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here we go again...losing key players!
    :confused:

LuckyStriker repped this.
  11. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Worse-now it looks like it's going to be Mr. Cuisance to Bayern Eunuch for peanuts imminently.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its a win -win situation for Hollywood...plus the guy has loads of talent and one should be blind to not see this fact,not sure whats going on...and very surprised Rose is on board with this decision?????
    o_O:whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::mad::cautious::sick:

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]----------> Midfielders. Inquire at Borussia Park. #diamondlife.

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was somewhat sleep-inducing...

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #90 Bananenflanke, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    what's apparently going on is/was annoying and disrespectful behaviour of C and his entourage towards the club (and his many components) for months now
    'talent' wasn't part of the decision-making anymore I guess (it only affected the transfer fee)
    Eberl: "We had a player who no longer wanted to follow our path. Accordingly, we took action and sold him."
    a lot of people think C is Sinan Kurt 2.0 (who left us for the Alpine foothills which didn't go well.. he now is without a club) but I don't think so, C is a different caliber... selling him to China would have
    it seems C thinks only one of the TOP10 clubs in Europe is worthy of him
    the S-clown (always looking like an overstrained apprentice to me) at the Hoenesses was praising C's 'mentality'... Ha! good luck with that!

so, Benes is the new C!
    replacement is possible but -acc. to Eberl- not that likely (Gregoritsch rumor, not gonna happen I guess, we need a '6'!... and Paderborn's Vasiliadis... I like him, snappy!, when asked what he's forward looking to in his first Bundesliga-season he told: "Playing in Gladbach!" ;-) but I don't like to plunder P'born -a club who's struggling for survival- right after the season started... we are not the ugly Hoenesses, aren't we?

what pisses me off most is that we know would have the money to sign Samassekou... but SAP has already put wood behind that arrow ;-((((

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I more or less expected a match like that... and most likely there are more to follow ;-)... but I expected a win too... the porksiders are really bad and have even bigger problems than we have... and one could see that Gladbach has a bigger 'approach' than them... we had the chances but to take advantage our passing game has to become more deliberate, more flowing and more exact
    didn't expect three players who are not really fit for 90min in the starting XI... I had hoped for Raffa instead of Embolo at least... the Swiss always tell us that Embolo is usable on '8' and '10' as well but I prefer a player with a better passing game at least on '10'
    though: Ginter & Elvedi seem stabilized for the second match in a row (S'hausen's many shots weren't their fault), Wendt & Lainer not bad either, Benes gives hope

17. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    Maldini apparently likes him
    quite possible he's leaving in summer of '20 to a big club... most likely a bigger club than Milan is now I guess (they have problems to make the EL for quite some time... for different reasons... in a league which isn't exactly state of the art)... leaving on a free transfer in '21 is very unlikely I guess... Borussia is gonna cashing in before ... of course, he has to continue improving this season ... if he keeps performing like in S'hausen and against S04 he certainly is going nowhere ;-)

18. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When I saw Embolo acting as the playmaker............well; the result seemed preordained. They need more than a 6. Zak & Benes can be serviceable, Neuhaus? He have to be at the bottom or not at all for me...........Nothing else is there that works. There is nobody capable of acting as the head of it. That includes Hoffmann even with 2 legs. Ultimately when healthy he could suffice on one side of it.

I was so disappointed in Lainer the first time I saw him against Chelski. He was a little better on Saturday, jury is out on him. We wait to see what the Algerian can bring to the table. This system doesn't suit Oskar at all.

One of the F need to be held for fresh legs off the bench. Didn't do much on Saturday, but I think I'm going to prefer Thuram or Breel as the hub, and Plea as the spoke in the wheel.

Doesn't matter really. They need critical parts for the diamond-or they need to think of something different quick.

Tick tock Max..............................tick tock.

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I don't make season predictions from the first game.... We shall see.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys i couldnt watch the game...but through the years i have left my trust in your hands..how did u see Gladbach under Rose against a strong side such as S04???
    Was it 2 points lost at home or??:eek::whistling::cautious:

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looked to me like early season trying to figure things out, for both sides. Schalke was content with a draw. Lots of missed passes. Both teams seems a little out of sorts.

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BMG didn't look ready to open the season. 2 lost points at home. Best (only?) chance they had fell to Plea in the second half. Intercept played him in, and with the entire L side of the net gaping open...............he shanked it.

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    kgilbert and lucky said it all... only thing I want to add to make life easier ;-))) is that more or less the whole league didn't look ready to open the season ;-)
    maybe L'zig but they faced the most likely weakest team in the league, maybe D'mund but Augsburg's new goalie acted as their 12th man... the only team that was really ready was P'born I guess (unfortunately no points, but Michel scored! Favre didn't like him that much back in the days)
    still, 2 points lost for my liking...

24. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    maybe we are too fixated on the '10' ~ playmaker equation.... sometimes you play a flat diamond and the '10' is more often acting as a '6' than a playmaker... or it looks like a diamond sometimes but is rather a 4-3-1-2 with the '10' being a deep lying striker... at the end it depends on what Rose told Embolo to do
    for me Stindl is the perfect fit on top (is my 'top' your 'bottom'? ;-) but I know people who argue the converse...

yes, a lot of people immediately started moaning: not better than Lang! he can run, but that's it! all this bad passes! and the sloppy ball control!
    and I said: give him 5 more minutes before forming an opinion! ;-)
    gifted with wonderful technical skills his market value would easily top 30M I guess
    after the match he told that he could play his passes blind at Salzburg and they got well received... and that it will take some time to do this at Gladbach... it all has to gel with the receivers...

Wendt: decent passing skills are always welcomed! the eternal-Oscar will never retreat! ;-)))

agree, and I assume Rose has planned to do so (Embolo benched)... but then Strobl's injury made him reconsider

Rose said 4-3-3 is always an option and back three will soon be too (we have the players, he said)... but after listening to him for nearly two hours I'm still very optimistic... he categorically condemned the idea that he hasn't got the right players to do what he wants to do & to be successful

he isn't listening!... by hearsay the last meeting with the C-bunch got out of hand... the C-twit (I looked into his 'portfolio', seems C is the only cash cow he has) called him a 'damn liar' and Eberl freaked out... at the end the c-bunch got expelled from our holy ground... so I guess Eberl isn't listening because he's still on tranquilizers
    [made the tranq.-thing up myself, that's how hearsay works ;-)]
    but here we go, new rumors: ACM, Sarr (again)

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But perhaps not for Cuisnace. How many careers go to Bayern to die?? I very much doubt that Bayern guaranteed him a starting slot.....