Pre & Post Thread: RBNY vs. Chicago Flame Retard(ant)s

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by irishapple21, May 12, 2006.

1. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    looking at the bright side

RBNY remains above Chivas and Salt Lake

thank MLS for expansion

2. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, the 'keeper comes up big for RB; but it ain't Tony this time. Nice game for Conway on a moment's notice :)
    I agree with Shep & JP, Peguero looked good.
    When Youri hit the post ... coronary time :eek:

But the big story: in this corner, Amado; in that corner, Mo. It's hit the fan big time IMHO.

3. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    With Lisi in the lineup, you saw the difference in the passing game and improvement in the midfield immediately. He created the only goal and did a good job spreading out the field. Henderson still can't cross a ball into the box or make a decent pass.

Guevara may be a nice guy off the field, but another example tonight of what a jerk he is on the field. Before Wynne reported to go in, Guevara was already sulking at midfield when Chicago had the ball in the RB penalty area.

What's up with that Free Kick? Would you rather have a veteran like Youri take it or try a trick play with Ikangu taking it, who never stepped onto the field before tonight.

Just as we all thought, attendance has almost hit rock bottom. This is probably the smallest crowd I have ever seen in May in a match that wasn't played in the cold or in the rain. This is the type of crowd you see in mid-July when everyone is away for the summer. I'd say 4,500-5,000 tops.

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    That was Nate Jaqua in the area getting bumped by Danny O' Rourke.

How in the hell does a 6-3 Jaqua get bumped like that from a 6-0 O' Rourke?
    Jaqua's dive is like Enrique Wilson stumbling from thridbase trying to slide into Home Plate during a playoff game. That was the crappiest call I have ever seen. That was the littlest bump and the biggest dive I have ever seen in my life.

VAUGHN ROBBED US OF THREE POINTS TONIGHT!

So angry to see that Bull**** called and what's worse I get the Comcast Chicago signal at my office and I have to hear Kenny Stern whine and bitch all match long. My goodness is he annoying. At least Shep calls it down the middle.

Other than that overall this was a very improved performence and Mark Lisi shows you why he is an important player that needs to be in the starting 11. If Youri's chance was just a little bit to the right of the near post that's a lead once again for RBNY.

Peguero I like a lot and I hope he will keep on scoring. Hopefully Buddle will be back along with Magee next week.

Nice to see Jolley get in some action with Graham's injury. They held on but I think the 3-5-2 has the boys a bit exposed on the left side. Nice job by Jon Conway to come up big in an emergency situation with what happened to Tony during warmups.

Boy Amado has to do a better job out there and not look un-inspired to perform. He did look dreadful.

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to meola? Any word? Did he get hurt during warmups or practicing this week? A;) ny truth he injured his elbow at Dunkin Donuts?

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Now your being annoying

7. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Young French midfielder we signed from Darlington in England. Mo says he plays similar to Claude Makelele

8. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I was at the game tonight and there was nobody there. The atmosphere was awful. It just isn't fun to go to a game anymore. It was really depressing. I wonder if Red Bull knew what kind of a challenge it has on their hands here when they bought the team? Maybe they will start paying people to go to the games.

9. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hurt a calf during warmups. On camera during halftime, said he hopes to be back next week.

10. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    The way Garber creamed himself when RB came a-knockin' should have tipped them off.

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Until they move to harrison this is pretty much the way I feel unfortunately. It would help if we didnt draw every friggin match too..

12. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team played slightly better tonight, but remain undisciplined. Sloppy tackles (and subsequent fouls), playing too far up at some points, not playing up enough at some points (you score by attacking, RBNY, not by staying on your heels). They should've been dumping men in the box during those late-match opportunities to go ahead.

Guevara may need to be used as trade bait...he and Youri aren't going to cut it together.

On the positive tip, Conway did an admirable job and made some key saves. He'd have had a clean sheet if not for the sloppy penalty that gave them the PK. The free kicks are looking more well-organized. Hoping to see them create more scoring opps vs. Chivas next week.

13. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I think we have to stick with the Bulls and show them as much support as we can... because I sure would rather have a pro team playing close by than not.
    I appreciate what you wrote but don't give up on the Red Bulls...they need time to develop chemistry... this is a new team...

Actually the attendance tonight was double what was at the previous wind/rain game vs. DC... I think if the team starts winning again and gets through the growing pains more or less intact (minus Guevara?) the atmosphere will get better and we will see more competitive soccer.

14. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way was that the biggest dive. Was there contact? yes. Did he embellish it a bit? yes too. Was there any way a penalty wasn't going to be called on that? No. My real time reaction was "********. penalty". O'Rourke got caught not trailing hard enough on D. That's on him, which was a shame because other than that he had a pretty good game.

Improved performance? That's like saying Secretariat Jessica Parker is an improvement over, say, Oprah Winfrey. Lisi plays best in a 3-5-2 like this, the minute they went to a 4-4-2 he was damned near useless.

SO we have tweo guys taking up about 200k worth of salcap room who do the same exact ********ing thing. Of course since Buddle will be hurt most of the time, it won't matter, but we need the speedy jitterbug. And Youri to play in the hole - I'm sick of the 4-5-1 we end up with.

I was pleasantly surprised by both Conway and Jolleys play - it was Mendes who was blowing the offside trap time and again

Amado's gone for pennies on the dollar. Maybe even before Chivas. And he'll play damned well for his new team too. Putting aside the fact that the ********ing piece of shit cocksucking bastard of a whore totally deserved the yanking, this has just dropped his value to the point where maybe someone will give us some bench scrubs for him. Oh , wait, who's in charge of our trading now? No one? Grandpere, who is only supposed to be on the business side? Whom?

15. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the ESC tries, but supporting Metro has been like eating Brussel Sprouts for thepast three years or so.

No buzz, no nothing, no surprise. But from what I saw on TV, there have been worse attended games.

I personally think Red Bull has written this year off, and will come out guns ablazing next year. One of the side faults of buying a team three weeks before the season starts.

16. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Even Abbey Okaluja, who is the worst ref in MLS, would have called it a PK. A clumbsy play by O'Rourke.

Being a glutton for punishment, I just saw the MSG replay. Who are these morons who were asking for Guevara's autograph when he went into the stands during the game? Somebody should have kicked him in the ass to get back on the field, show some class and support the team.

17. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can trade him to Chiapas or something for a Chalupa and some Immodium

18. nkycrew

nkycrew Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Northern Kentucky
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats the deal with only 9K? Was the weather bad in NJ tonight or was there something else going on? I just figured attendance would go up from the DC game. Also, it seems as if we are now the only winless team :(

19. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I take no pleasure in saying this, I really don't: 8700. Blimey. Though Harrison should be an improvement, I'mstarting to wonder how much. New franchise, new location... NYC.

20. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its official. We are the only team in the league without a win this year and are the worst team in the league...in the biggest market in the country..with the richest owner in the league. Something is seriously wrong here.

21. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I thought we were the worst team in the league after the RSL game. They outplayed us and should have won that game. This is probably a lost season along the lines of 1999. I do think next year will be much better because Red Bull will spend whatever they have to to make it work.

22. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Well, the Red Bulls scored on RBN's side of the field, so it must have been you ESC guys slacking off that lost us the game. :p

Just kidding. I like how we were able to coordinate some cheers together from across the field tonight.

23. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Wether this is true or not, people tire of this excuse.

This isn't a dynasty having an off year, this is a team that has earned a reputation for being losers.

24. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    On the bright side, biggest market + rich owners + losing team should + god awful attendance should = a very big time acquisition or 2.

At this point, Chivas spends about twice what we do on players. Soon after the WC ends, we should eclipse them easily. RB wants talent and this league won't say no to a team that brought big time investment to MLS.

25. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    4k tops in house. VERY sparse crowd tonight.