Pre/PBP/Post DC United v Toronto FC

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by song219, Aug 1, 2017.

1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Time: 7pm
    TV: Newschannel 8 and others?

[​IMG]

Guess who is the roadkill.

My guess 0-3

fatbastard, Boloni86 and Winoman repped this.
  2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One that shows us even less respect:

[​IMG]

dadman, roadkit, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  3. morange92

morange92 Member+

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United takes this one 4-1, heard it here first fellas

fatbastard and Boloni86 repped this.
  4. smakawhat

smakawhat Member

DC United
    Apr 27, 2003
    MD - Silver Spring
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am heading to the stadium, overdue, but mostly cause I want to see what a good MLS team looks like..

Man how the times have changed when the TFC supporters first seasons were in the dumps and confused fans... now look at them...

Boy have the tables turned...

Boloni86, Winoman and morange92 repped this.
  5. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My honey got out of town on Saturday to visit a friend in Portugal, which was brilliant on her part as she didn't have to deal with my mood after the Minnesota match. She returns this Saturday; I'll be missing the match to pick her up from BWI. I'll be happy she's back, so I'll probably try and avoid hearing about the carnage that evening.

roadkit and Winoman repped this.
  6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto 78
    DC United 0

You heard it here first folks.

7. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

kirchhausen and morange92 repped this.
  8. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planning to just go and watch from the champions club. More interested in watching this one tactically than being in the 130s

shawn12011 repped this.
  9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Heard it, trying to clear out before I smell it

10. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Sounds to me his weed was dusted.

Winoman repped this.
  11. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't that mean getting there really early and hanging out at the gate to be the first to run through when it opens? Seriously, I have had the impression that all the spaces in the CC where one can sit and watch the match get snapped up within seconds of the gates opening. Not true?

DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  12. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Of all the times I've been there I've never been there early enough to get one of the seats you can see the game from.

13. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dadman and EvilTree repped this.
  14. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh damn. Maybe I'll re-evaluate. The only time I've actually been up there for part of the game (and for the same reason as I want to go up Saturday) was the second half of the 0-3 loss to Dallas last season. Went up at halftime due to not wanting to deal with the SGs and was able to snag 2 seats.

Thanks for the heads ups

15. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, given our suckage, maybe that'll be true this time too -- second half, anyway.

16. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Ugh ... why do these games keep coming one after the other? I miss the old days when we'd skip an entire weekend for ASG.

Also, **** Toronto. I'm still pissed about that goal De Guzman scored during a substitution and the idiot ref that let it stand. I also vaguely remember Hamid nearly murdering a Toronto player coming out of the box full speed. May have been the same game. One of the most deserved red cards in United history.

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ******** Canada.

fatbastard repped this.
  18. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto.

19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in the -olden-days, when I was young(er), when United was around the top-part of the standings and teams like Toronto were bottom-dwelling laughing-stocks (ah, the good ol' days) - we would have called this a classic trap-game.

In that spirit, though all kinds of ********ed-up upside-down, I predict:

DCU 3
    TOR 1

To keep myself amused and a few of you annoyed, I think i put a dash every-where I possibly could-have and then added a few extra ;)

Winoman, griffin1108 and shawn12011 repped this.
  21. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff reports that Ian Harkes is out 3-4 weeks with an ankle injury, Vincent is done, and Nyarko is questionable, so we are liable to see a lot more of Neagle (for Nyarko?) and, perhaps, DeLeon for Harkes. I would rather roll the dice and see what Buscher can do, perhaps as a sub.

sitruc repped this.
  22. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just use the Kickers Lineup.

dadman and Winoman repped this.
  23. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    7-1 Toronto. We take a quick 1-nil lead and then fall apart.
    prediction #2
    They run out of beer by the 20th minute after we give up goal number 3.

Winoman, griffin1108 and Bootsy Collins repped this.
  24. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prediction?

By the 20th minute, the state of the match will be such that silly and/or pissed off chants will have begun.

Somewhere around the 35th minute, a bucket will get passed around all the supporters sections to collect money for flying a plane with a banner around the stadium.

During halftime, the folks with the bucket will realize that the rules of the DC Flight Restricted Zone would prevent any such banner flight. Since there'll be no way to know who to return the money to, the money will be used to buy as much beer as possible, which will then be passed out into the crowd in the loud side 100s.

Around the 55th minute, for the first time in the match, DC United will threaten to score -- but will fail to do so. Numerous people will toss their beer anyway, just out of nostalgia for better times.

Somewhere around the 62nd minute, an injury stoppage will occur when Marcelo "accidentally" steps on a Toronto player's ankle, receiving only a yellow card when a red would have been warranted. During the stoppage, Bill Hamid will take the time to walk over to the bench and put in a request for a trade, release, or transfer.

In the 82nd minute, with DC down five goals, the Barra will try a last ditch maneuver, collectively mooning Sebastian Giovinco. His eyes will explode at the terrible sight, as well as those of three other Toronto players including their keeper. This will leave only seven players on the pitch for Toronto, the minimum required for play. Toronto will have used all their subs, so they will be stuck with seven players for the remainder of play, with one outfield player required to don a keeper's jersey. DC United will also lose two players, permanently blinded by glimpsing something more horrific than a gorgon's visage. However, DC United will still have all its substitutions remaining, as no solid argument could be made prior to that point that anyone on DC's bench would improve what was happening on the pitch. This will give DC United a whopping four man advantage, and a non-keeper as Toronto's keeper, for the remaining eight minutes plus stoppage -- an enormous advantage they will immediately press.

In the 91st minute, DC United's four-man advantage will produce a goal, as a long ball sent into the box, where the keeper alone awaited it, takes a funny hop over a bump in the turf from a burial site for a dead raccoon, skips over the keeper and into the goal. There will be no beer to throw in the air.

Buoyed by their success, DC United spends the rest of stoppage repeatedly launching long balls into the Toronto box, hoping to hit the raccoon grave and repeat their previous goal. No second goal comes.

Final score: 5-1.

After the match, Lindsay Simpson will provide commentary to the local TV broadcast on how there were several positives and signs of improvement and things the team can build on going forward, paying particular attention to the home field advantage provided by the irregular turf.

25. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Lets pretend lets pretend lets pretend we scored a goal!
    (beershower)

dadman and Winoman repped this.